It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were GOD

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
FYI
Religion is the devil's playground. Christianity is not "religion"

The Latin word from which the English word "religion" is derived means "to bind up." Jesus did not come to bind us up in rules and regulations or rituals of devotion, but to set us free to be man as God inended.

edit on 3-12-2011 by killemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
First thing I would do if I was God is to smite all place's of worship and say in a big booming voice all over the world "God is a personal thing don't listen to anyone else follow your heart and live in peace"

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by mileysubet

God is just knowledge.
Man has the potential to learn anything they are taught, thus man has the potential to be God, thus man IS god.

Playing the devils advocate, but who "taught" man?

I think that we would of known by now even without being taught by a so called god that humans would of advanced more than we have.

I believe that religion is the issue holding humanity back from it's potential.

Man has reached a stage of consciousness where he can teach himself, thus we are god. In fact, every living organism has the ability to teach themselves, purely from their experience. Even if a baby was born and left abandoned in a 10x10ft pitch black room, for the time it is alive, it will still learn something about it's experience, all be it minuscule in size as the memory does not develop properly until later on in life. If the baby screams out in pain, you would assume it knows its releasing emotion, or showing how it feels, even if it doesn't know consciously, subconsciously it has some sort of reason behind it. I mean, the fact that it is alive, shows that the baby has learned something. While it's in the womb, it learns that it needs food to survive, it wont do it consciously, but subconsciously the body learns that food and air etc are necessary to survive.

I don't believe in Earth gods, but i believe there is a governing power or set of boundaries that give definition to our existence in the most inexpressible definition possible, and i believe the meaning of life is to teach and learn, as thats what we do throughout our entire lives... take in knowledge, react to knowledge, or the experience.

A good quote from Bill Mahr was something along the lines of "the problem with religion is that it gives people who don't know all the answers, the idea that they do"

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
If I were God I certainly wouldn't think or act in the way I do now. I don't know what I'd do.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

Your thread inspired me to write a thread in response. I have intended to do this since so many people continue to use the idea of hell as an argument against the goodness of God. Here is my perspective. What's in the Hell?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

You are burning in Hell forever, you can`t put the lesson you learned to any practical use!!
I think the burning part is a metaphorical device that some people took the wrong way.
It seems that you are asking the right questions, otherwise.
In today's society, it may be difficult to comprehend the value of Hell.
In not too distant times it would have been easily understandable to anyone.
The problem comes from modern psychology which undermined those understandings and replaced them with new ideas which make Hell as a learning experience incomprehensible.
You can look at the word, penitentiary, which has also gone out of use and replaced by the word, prison.
The old concept was that one was locked up in order to contemplate where they went wrong and to do penance, meaning they could imagine all the good things they would do if they were freed from their lonely cell.
What if the modern idea is wrong and the old idea was right but the problem was that people died before they spent the proper amount of time in contemplation, and what if people needed like a thousand years of it to finally get into the right frame of mind to be let out?

edit on 3-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Would you send your children to hell, forever and ever for not believing in something you told them they MUST believe in?!!!

Your premise is quite off, we are not sent to Hell for "not believing". We are sent to Hell because we are sinners. If we refuse a free pass out of there that's on our heads, not God's.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

If I was GOD, then we as humans would not exist.

I would have seen by my omnipresent powers that the suffering would not have been justified, and would not ever create such a sorry excuse for life.

In my image...I think not.
Omnipresent? Maybe you mean omniscient. If God knew everything before the universe was created?
My advice is for everyone to banish the thought, though it may be difficult for some to do so.
Sit down one day and go over the whole thing in your mind and ask yourself why you think that God created the universe. What evidence do you have for that as a fundamental belief. Think about how important a belief like that is to your whole outlook on life. Think about how you allow yourself to be so affected in such a profound way by something that absolutely can not be substantiated in the slightest way.
Now, if there is a fundamentalist who happened upon this post, ask yourself the same thing. Is it biblical? I would say, no. If it was true, that God created the universe, don't you think that would be important enough of a thing where it would say so in the Bible at least once?
Alright, if you can get past this point, then the next thing would be to ask who and what God is. He would not be someone who created hell and death and all the evil things you can think of. Then where did all those things come from? The answer is, try to create a universe that is better. I would bet that you can not, and I would go so far as to say that neither can anyone else. A universe does exist, and we exist, thanks to that universe being there, so we need to do what we can with what we have, seeing how we have no other alternative.
It just so happens that there are spiritual entities in this universe and the leader of these is who we call God, and that God is who is here and is willing to give of himself to deal with us in the physical reality just out of the goodness of His heart, and so is undeserving of acrimony on our part, not being responsible for the way things are in a bad way but is at least partially responsible for things not being a lot worse in a lot of ways we can only imagine, us not being gods so much ourselves and having a slightly limited perspective on spiritual matters.

edit on 3-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
for it is written , GOD doth have in He the strength to forgive all save blasphemy and direct blasphemy, for why would you have stolen from me my brain, if not to conclude all ten. woe to he that turns on the son of man, for it is written, woe to he.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I believe that this realm we are in now here on Earth...is a level of hell....and we are here to learn and work our way out of this hell on Earth.

Look at all the wars, murders, rapes, starvation, abuse, greed...etc.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Originally posted by rick004
What I don't understand is why did god pick that point in time ? Why not 3000 years ago or why not now when there are more people on the planet that would be influenced by his message ??

Just maybe the Omniscience pokes a tranceiver/transponder/translator "beam" through at many times, in many different ways, throughout not only Man's space and time but throughout the Universe for all animate life. I've never understood who or what gave Man the right to tell God how to conduct It's business. What ego.

Come on! Lighten up! It's not about man thinking they have the right to tell God how to conduct his business, it's just a thought in a question. We all ask ourselves why God did this or that, it's just human nature.

My opinion on why God might have chosen the period he did was actually because there were fewer people to corrupt the message. Think too about the fact that Jesus walked with these people, performed miracles in front of them, died on the cross and then rose again, only to have some of them still reject Him as the Messiah! Those are the thoughts that are so sobering to me. Knowing who God already was, why would some of His angels choose to follow Satan instead? This I will never understand, but the Bible tells us over and over again that it will happen. That no proof will be enough for some.

Remember what Abraham said to the rich man while he was in hell (Luke 16:19-31)? Here's part of it:

27) He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family,

28) for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’

29) “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’

30) “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’

31) “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
I am always amazed at religious people who fail to recognize the evidence in front of their face.

How often does your god have to fail you, in order to prove it does not exist?

I know you will say: "he has not failed me", so I respond by saying: look around you how is what you have seen not a failure of a all powerful god?

What helps us to believe in Jesus, is looking around at what we see and knowing that the Bible already said it was going to happen this way, just as told to us.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
reply to by Lionhearte

Your logic: "They are born into a sinful world, they are sinners" I really hope you see the failure in that, its like getting a speeding ticket because you didn't know the speed of said road.

Yes they say ignorance of the law is no excuse. But how am I to obey a law that I am not even aware of? Do you see my point?
edit on 12/3/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

If you notice, even in man's society, ignorance of the law is not enough to get you off the hook!! The fact that anyone would even make a post in a thread regarding GOD, tells me you know more than you are letting on or you've at least been curious enough to look on the internet to see what the law is. Now whether or not you choose to accept it or ignore it, is another factor.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

There are over 1.3 billion people in China. According to god, we should kill all of them and anyone else who doesn't worship him that's literally like a quarter of the bible. Ridiculous! Jesus: "You people of earth can murder, torture, rape, destroy and steal but so long as you worship god and confess to your sins you will get into heaven. On the other hand, if you spend your whole life trying to help people, never think a bad thought, and never intentionally hurt a fly and you don't believe in the "right" god then you will be tortured in hell for all of eternity".....NICE. Not only why would he send everyone to hell for not believing in him, but why would he rely on a book of poems to keep our faith for 2000 years. The word of god is far too inconsistent for the "all-mighty, all-knowing creator of the universe". It seems as if there were just a buncha different things that different people wanted other people to do. If you are the profit of god, YOU ARE GOD. A group of guys figured that out 2000 years ago and changed the world for the worst. Oppression of "evil" science, murder and ridicule for belief and opinion, mass genocide in the name of god, and fear of making your own destiny since it's all written out in some book. Also, god popped up out of nowhere and knew everything there was to know and suddenly had the power to create the vast universe from nothing.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Also, if it took god 7 days to make our planet, how long did he take to make the other planets? There are about 400 billion stars in our galaxy alone. If each of them have the HALF the number of planets as our own sun, then that's about 2 trillion planets in our own galaxy. Multiply that by an estimated 125 billion galaxies in the universe and if it took him 7 days to make all the planets that means...I don't even know but the I do know the universe is an estimated 13.7 billion years old. He's been a busy, busy bee.
edit on 3-12-2011 by blueberrywaffles because: (no reason given)

ALSO! If Adam, then Eve, were among the first living creatures in the world why are there fossils many times older than the first homo sapiens? Also, why were there over a dozen of other humanoid species before the homo sapiens? The less faith you use and the more logic, the stupider and stupider it sounds.
edit on 3-12-2011 by blueberrywaffles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
I believe that this realm we are in now here on Earth...is a level of hell....and we are here to learn and work our way out of this hell on Earth.

Look at all the wars, murders, rapes, starvation, abuse, greed...etc.

Well according to what happened in the garden of Eden. We are supposed to experiance good and evil.

We are living exactly according to how God condemned us to live. And we are doing a very good job at it to. God must be pleased

If we all lived in peace we would be going against Gods judgment from the garden of Eden. That would mean we would have broken Gods word for the second time.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thats pretty simple

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-12-2011 by Anunaki2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
If god doesn't send people to hell, how am I going to get there? Walk to it on my own accord?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If I was god, I would provide a testing ground for my children and give them free will to determine each individual's growth rate and next plane of existence, according to their choices in this plane.
Sound familiar? Hypothetically speaking here, of course.

Peace,
spec

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Check out my view on the matter here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If I were god, you'd all be in a great deal of peril, for I would populate the earth with giant robots and zombies. Our oceans would be under constant threat from space whales and water dragons. The sands of the deserts would be inundated with ground-dwelling sand piranha. Volcanoes would vomit peppermint schnapps mixed with hot chocolate, though, so I guess there would be an up side.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join