It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were GOD

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
So a baby born tomorrow has sin, yet has done nothing to make his or her own sin. The paradox you present with this post is to say the least, borderline retarded.

So in your post we are pretty much born with sin, doesn't matter who or what you are, you have it. This child has done nothing to make it. Yet somehow this "God" declares he was born with it. How exactly would "Your version of your god" declare an innocent person sinful, yet they have done nothing according to your laws to make sin for themselves?

Because they are born into a sinful world, and this world has been sinful since Adam and Eve first let it into this world. Sin is basically engraved in our very nature, so regardless if they have committed a sin, they are still considered "sinners". Besides, children aren't at the age of accountability. They are not aware of their sins, but they still sin. They get a free ticket to Heaven because they're not accountable yet.

I'll ask you this, are we sinners because we sin or do we sin because we're sinners?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte
God doesn't send anyone to hell.

He doesn't say, 'worship me or I'll make you suffer for eternity'; He says you're ALREADY headed for damnation because of your Sin, and if you want salvation, believe in Him. It's that simple.

Remember the Thief on the cross, all he did was say "Remember me, Lord", and Jesus responded by saying "Today you will be with me in paradise".

The Thief did not live a Righteous or Godly life, all he did was accept Jesus, and believed that he was who said he was.

That still doesn`t answer the question, would you send your children to hell for the sin or disbelief. We arn`t talking about us knowing gods wisdom but yours.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
You are correct, the failures we wittness are the failures of humans, this offers no evidence of of the god you speak of.

So.. you're saying look at the evidence around us, because you perceive it as evidence that God did a #ty job or something?

Also when did I say I was trying to prove God existed?

Wow, strawman argument much? I wasn't surprised at it, since most people who are really into the bible pull that one out of the hat. If you can't see the point I was making then you need to do some research on "Taking responsibility for your OWN actions"

So because you've heard someone say that before, it holds zero merit, right? You're basically just "responding to tone", then.

And I didn't even think you were TRYING to make a point, at least it didn't sound like it. What was your point, then?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

God doesn't send anyone to hell.

He doesn't say, 'worship me or I'll make you suffer for eternity'; He says you're ALREADY headed for damnation because of your Sin, and if you want salvation, believe in Him. It's that simple.

Remember the Thief on the cross, all he did was say "Remember me, Lord", and Jesus responded by saying "Today you will be with me in paradise".

The Thief did not live a Righteous or Godly life, all he did was accept Jesus, and believed that he was who said he was.

And yet if I choose to everything correctly, except for believing in "Him", I will be dammed to suffering in a place of damnation.

I am so happy in my knowledge that your god is a figment of of your imagination...

Mileysubet I see that you get my point THANK YOU!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Christains for the most part just offer excuse as to why they sin, and how they will be forgiven according to the bible, nothing new here.

Like the previouse poster stated: it is time to account for our own wrong doings.

Even without a god to guide us, it doesn't take a "rocket surgeon" to figure out that we are #ed as a culture, if we don't change our ways.
edit on 3-12-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by alltogethernow
That still doesn`t answer the question, would you send your children to hell for the sin or disbelief. We arn`t talking about us knowing gods wisdom but yours.

I understand that, but you're missing the point. If I were to answer yes or no, it would make the implication that God is either doing something wrong, or I am; because you're implying that God IS sending people to Hell (after all, why would you ask if we would do the same, otherwise?).

Which He isn't.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

I understand that, but you're missing the point. If I were to answer yes or no, it would make the implication that God is either doing something wrong, or I am; because you're implying that God IS sending people to Hell (after all, why would you ask if we would do the same, otherwise?).

Which He isn't.

But he is...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

So a baby born tomorrow has sin, yet has done nothing to make his or her own sin. The paradox you present with this post is to say the least, borderline retarded.

So in your post we are pretty much born with sin, doesn't matter who or what you are, you have it. This child has done nothing to make it. Yet somehow this "God" declares he was born with it. How exactly would "Your version of your god" declare an innocent person sinful, yet they have done nothing according to your laws to make sin for themselves?

Because they are born into a sinful world, and this world has been sinful since Adam and Eve first let it into this world. Sin is basically engraved in our very nature, so regardless if they have committed a sin, they are still considered "sinners". Besides, children aren't at the age of accountability. They are not aware of their sins, but they still sin. They get a free ticket to Heaven because they're not accountable yet.

I'll ask you this, are we sinners because we sin or do we sin because we're sinners?

Wow... seriously, is that the best you can come up with? They are born into a sinful world, therefore they are sinners.. great logic buddy. Do us all a favor and uninstall your operating system.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Lionhearte

Christains for the most part just offer excuse as to why they sin, and how they will be forgiven according to the bible, nothing new here.

Like the previouse poster stated: it is time to account for our own wrong doings.

Even without a god to guide us, it doesn't take a "rocket surgeon" to figure out that we are #ed as a culture, if we don't change our ways.

Yea, I think people figured out how evil mankind was by nature some, oh.. 2000 years ago, around 33 AD?

So far, Christians have the highest moral standards, give to charities, help out the less fortunate, practice forgiveness, respect, kindness, acceptance, tolerance, and most of all, love.

And.. what's your plan to change humanity, again? By "hoping" people realize how f'ed we really are and just suddenly.. changing?

Yea, that might work.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
God places a high priority on children. When asked who is the greatest in the kingdom of God, Jesus responded, "Unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). God’s love for children is also shown in the Old Testament. In Leviticus the Lord specifically prohibited the people of Israel from offering their children as a sacrifice to the pagan god, Molech (Leviticus 20:1-5). It seems fair to conclude that if God forbade children from being sacrificed, He would not order those same children to be placed in the eternal fire of hell
edit on 3-12-2011 by killemall because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Wow... seriously, is that the best you can come up with? They are born into a sinful world, therefore they are sinners.. great logic buddy. Do us all a favor and uninstall your operating system.

So, the sarcasm you've used implies it would be MORE logical to say, "they are born into a sinful world, therefore they are NOT sinners"? Right? Wow..

Oh, and congrats, you've dropped to the bottom of the "Argument Pyramid".

But he is...

Uhh, no He's not.

Sorry gentlemen, but I've got to be up in 6 hours, it's time for bed. Besides, we've wasted enough of each others' time already. I'll check the thread in the morning and respond accordingly, though.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Next point in thread: "The bible says".....

How about you think for your self, instead of reading a fairy tale written several thousand years ago several hundred years after the events happened by people that had a political agenda and imposed those agendas upon the masses.

I know that is much to ask for, but just think for once...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to by Lionhearte

Your logic: "They are born into a sinful world, they are sinners" I really hope you see the failure in that, its like getting a speeding ticket because you didn't know the speed of said road.

Yes they say ignorance of the law is no excuse. But how am I to obey a law that I am not even aware of? Do you see my point?
edit on 12/3/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Which He isn't.

Oh but he is!! By not believing we are damned to remain in sin ergo HELL FOREVER.
The reason I ask is to open your thoughts for just a second to the concept. do we love our children more than god loves us? would we hold our chjildrens feet to the fire for adam and eves sin, and then they don`t believe. I just wonder if anyone else sees it this way.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to by Lionhearte

Same argument, different post. As I said before go uninstall you operating system. Your logic on this is so failed it would take a miracle from some god to fix it.

Christains have it so easy recruiting people into the false belief that they have a higher being to blame their problems on...

We should rename religion; The reason for the failure of the human race because they couldn't face the reality of their decisions, but that would not make for a very easy to say name would it?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by killemall

God places a high priority on children. When asked who is the greatest in the kingdom of God, Jesus responded, "Unless you change and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3). God’s love for children is also shown in the Old Testament. In Leviticus the Lord specifically prohibited the people of Israel from offering their children as a sacrifice to the pagan god, Molech (Leviticus 20:1-5). It seems fair to conclude that if God forbade children from being sacrificed, He would not order those same children to be placed in the eternal fire of hell

Again strawman argument. First born gets killed in Egypt. What if the first born was a child? What is the rule on who gets killed or not?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
To stupid to understand science? Try religion!

I would love to have that as a bumper sticker, but I am afraid all the religious people would trash my truck.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GR1ill3d

Easy, speeding ticket means by signing the drivers licence (permission to do something illegal) you must have agreed/UNDERSTOOD to be fined if you are caught speeding, right? Or you would not be accountable if you did not understand therefore could not agree.
Children not of the age of understanding are not accountable

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

God is just knowledge.
Man has the potential to learn anything they are taught, thus man has the potential to be God, thus man IS god.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by mileysubet

God is just knowledge.
Man has the potential to learn anything they are taught, thus man has the potential to be God, thus man IS god.

Playing the devils advocate, but who "taught" man?

I think that we would of known by now even without being taught by a so called god that humans would of advanced more than we have.

I believe that religion is the issue holding humanity back from it's potential.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join