It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were GOD

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
According to John 316 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" Now hypothetically speaking, lets say you are GOD and your children are the people. Would you send your children to hell, forever and ever for not believing in something you told them they MUST believe in?!!! Because there`s nothing my son could do to me that would make me send him to HELL. So that has always bothered me.
And lets take for instance say, Buddist Monks who give thier whole lives in devotion to thier GOD. Does the god of the bible have them going to hell for what they choose to believe? And how do you feel about that?
So now if this is fact, who learns a lesson here? Nobody alive learns the lesson because your dead when you learned it, and so you can`t tell anybody. And what good does it do you to learn the lesson? You are burning in Hell forever, you can`t put the lesson you learned to any practical use!! So what good would that lesson be, or is it just vengence from a supposed LOVING GOD?
I grew up being told to believe what the bible teaches. But i refuse to go on blind faith. Miracles have happened without religion being involved. A "belief" can be enough for a miracle . I believe as the native americans, that god is in everything,evertwhere. I believe that GOD experiences "AS US". What I percieve as GOD is LOVE, and so I do not fear death. Just FYI

Would like to hear your thoughts
edit on 3-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If I was GOD, then we as humans would not exist.

I would have seen by my omnipresent powers that the suffering would not have been justified, and would not ever create such a sorry excuse for life.

In my image...I think not.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by alltogethernow

You are asking a human if he knows the moral code. THe human awareness is a selfish awareness, and it is very well reflected in all its religions.

If God gave man the authority to be the keeper of all life. Man is doing a very poor job at being a good keeper. That is because our moral code is a selfish one.

God loves us, but we love the power of our awareness a lot more. That is reflected in how we live.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
What I don't understand is why did god pick that point in time ? Why not 3000 years ago or why not now when there are more people on the planet that would be influenced by his message ??

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
What I don't understand is why did god pick that point in time ? Why not 3000 years ago or why not now when there are more people on the planet that would be influenced by his message ??

Just maybe the Omniscience pokes a tranceiver/transponder/translator "beam" through at many times, in many different ways, throughout not only Man's space and time but throughout the Universe for all animate life. I've never understood who or what gave Man the right to tell God how to conduct It's business. What ego.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
God doesn't send anyone to hell.

He doesn't say, 'worship me or I'll make you suffer for eternity'; He says you're ALREADY headed for damnation because of your Sin, and if you want salvation, believe in Him. It's that simple.

Remember the Thief on the cross, all he did was say "Remember me, Lord", and Jesus responded by saying "Today you will be with me in paradise".

The Thief did not live a Righteous or Godly life, all he did was accept Jesus, and believed that he was who said he was.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny

Just maybe the Omniscience pokes a tranceiver/transponder/translator "beam" through at many times, in many different ways, throughout not only Man's space and time but throughout the Universe for all animate life. I've never understood who or what gave Man the right to tell God how to conduct It's business. What ego.

I think you may have meant to say was omnipresence, which would define it's being as present and knowing of all at all points in time.

An omnipresent diety would have never created human existence as we have expierenced it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
if i was god
any one says im guilty of someone elses sins is a nutbar and anyone who thinks someone else died for thier sins is exactly why this world is currently FUBAR and as god i would have this to say

if any one thinks I.m gonna spend eternity with the people who decimated my hand made indians and called the countree christian have i got a 90 foot tall b plug for you..and an eternity in a room with a low cieling

and it isn't a room I'll be visiting ever

PS amoungst the gods having children on the earth is the greatest sin ever

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

The way I see it, there isn't one reason - or rather, there could be a MILLION reasons why God sent his Son when he did; perhaps Mary would have been abducted by the government had word gotten out that she was a virgin with child, people would probably be more in favor of an Alien encounter today instead of believing she was impregnated by the Holy Spirit; there are countless possibilities.

Ultimately though, man cannot fathom or comprehend God's plan right now, so it's futile to try.

Besides, if it happened today, and if this world continued on another thousand years.. I'd guarantee quite a few people would ask the same question you asked in the year 3011.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

I would have seen by my omnipresent powers that the suffering would not have been justified, and would not ever create such a sorry excuse for life.

But you say this as a human. If you were God, you'd have an entirely different viewpoint, and thus you'd still create everything as it is we experience today.

I'll give you an example.. I believe in God, and let's assume I'm speaking with someone who doesn't. An Atheist. Now, because of MY experiences, I believe in God. Because of that Atheist's experiences, he doesn't. If I were to change places with the Atheist.. I would be an Atheist - because of everything that has happened in his life to make him believe that; and he would believe in God, because he experienced my life.

Although, I will say; if I were to change places, but retain knowledge of every experience that happened to me that made me believe in God, then I'd have to outweigh the two choices, believe, or don't.

HOWEVER, as God, you'd have knowledge of everything, all experiences, all alternate realities, all possibilities, infinite knowledge of everything.

Then.. you'd just design/create the universe the only way it could be perfect, and carry out 'your' plan.

An omnipresent diety would have never created human existence as we have expierenced it.

Says the mortal.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

He doesn't say, 'worship me or I'll make you suffer for eternity'; He says you're ALREADY headed for damnation because of your Sin, and if you want salvation, believe in Him. It's that simple.

Remember the Thief on the cross, all he did was say "Remember me, Lord", and Jesus responded by saying "Today you will be with me in paradise".

The Thief did not live a Righteous or Godly life, all he did was accept Jesus, and believed that he was who said he was.

And yet if I choose to everything correctly, except for believing in "Him", I will be dammed to suffering in a place of damnation.

I am so happy in my knowledge that your god is a figment of of your imagination...

link   
reply to by Lionhearte

Ok so by that logic, I can go out and murder hundreds of people, (children included) mutilate and mame them as much as I please, but so long as I pray to one of the 34,000 or so "Gods" of Christian religions out there I will still go to heaven...

Makes perfect sense..

A book written with 2,000 year old ideas should stay in its 2,000 year old way of teaching.

edit on 12/3/1111 by GR1ill3d because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

And yet if I choose to everything correctly, except for believing in "Him", I will be dammed to suffering in a place of damnation.

I am so happy in my knowledge that your god is a figment of of your imagination...

Works don't get you into Heaven; I'll say it again, remember the Thief. There's only one way into Heaven, Jesus.

Wow, I literally had to repeat myself because you're too dense to get your head around the simple Truth.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I am always amazed at religious people who fail to recognize the evidence in front of their face.

How often does your god have to fail you, in order to prove it does not exist?

I know you will say: "he has not failed me", so I respond by saying: look around you how is what you have seen not a failure of a all powerful god?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

The OP's question is a bit of a trap and this post outlines it perfectly.
Not trying to pick a fight here or anything but i can't help but notice that your whole comment there is kinda impossible, not your fault though as i will explain.

For starters The premise is that you are god, So by giving an opinion based on this premise you are assuming that you are now, as a mortal human, capable of thinking like god which would assume that God thinks like a mortal human which would mean that you already are God, but you are human.

Ergo, there is no god. Which obviously cancel's out the premise of the question in the first place.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Raivan31 because: edit, to expand the answer.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
reply to by Lionhearte

Ok so by that logic, I can go out and murder hundreds of people, (children included) mutilate and mame them as much as I please, but so long as I pray to one of the 34,000 or so "Gods" of Christian religions out there I will still go to heaven...

Makes perfect sense..

That could work, except God knows your heart. Just saying "Yea, I believe in Jesus/God/whatever, halleluiah praise Jesus!" doesn't mean you truly accepted Him.

I can't believe you actually had to suggest that, though. Are you 15? How's High School?

A book written with 2,000 year old ideas should stay in its 2,000 year old way of teaching.

Uhh.. well, I don't know if you knew this, but the Bible (although it was written over a thousand year period by over 40 authors) and it's teaching remains the same..

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I am always amazed at religious people who fail to recognize the evidence in front of their face.

I know you will say: "he has not failed me", so I respond by saying: look around you how is what you have seen not a failure of a all powerful god?

I look around me and see the failures of men. I think you'd say the same, whether it be about religion, wars, violence, sorrow, despair, agony, pain, misery.. and all of it is caused by men, and their sins.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

So a baby born tomorrow has sin, yet has done nothing to make his or her own sin. The paradox you present with this post is to say the least, borderline retarded.

So in your post we are pretty much born with sin, doesn't matter who or what you are, you have it. This child has done nothing to make it. Yet somehow this "God" declares he was born with it. How exactly would "Your version of your god" declare an innocent person sinful, yet they have done nothing according to your laws to make sin for themselves?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

I look around me and see the failures of men. I think you'd say the same, whether it be about religion, wars, violence, sorrow, despair, agony, pain, misery.. and all of it is caused by men, and their sins.

You are correct, the failures we wittness are the failures of humans, this offers no evidence of of the god you speak of.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by GR1ill3d
reply to by Lionhearte

Makes perfect sense..

That could work, except God knows your heart. Just saying "Yea, I believe in Jesus/God/whatever, halleluiah praise Jesus!" doesn't mean you truly accepted Him.

I can't believe you actually had to suggest that, though. Are you 15? How's High School?

Uhh.. well, I don't know if you knew this, but the Bible (although it was written over a thousand year period by over 40 authors) and it's teaching remains the same..

Wow, strawman argument much? I wasn't surprised at it, since most people who are really into the bible pull that one out of the hat. If you can't see the point I was making then you need to do some research on "Taking responsibility for your OWN actions"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join