It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Southern California 12/02/11

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I think there are definately some things going on in the sky. I've had a few ufo encounters in my life and the OP's picture looks similar to one I've seen.

My craziest sighting took place in Seattle Washington, in broad daylight. While driving North on I-5 last year, just about to the bend before the Boing Plant where you start to see the tall skyscrapers, I spotted four, black colored, diamond/pyramid shaped craft, hovering about 1000 feet above the tallest scyscaper. They hovered there for quite a while in a diamond shaped formation with one high one low and the other two in the middle on the sides. I did not view them long enough to see them move. And I only witnessed them for a minute or two tops. I also had to take an exit before I got closer to the skyscrapers so I never got a good close up. Made my hair stand up in shock and I almost pulled over to stare at them but I didnt want to be late getting to a constuction bid...

Wish I had a camera at the time but if I were to describe them I would say they looked exactly like the ones in that UTube video that showed two pyramid craft hovering over a Chinese airport except the ones I saw were all simular in size to the smaller craft in that video.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovecents
I just snapped 2 pics in daylight of the exact same spot I was standing last night. Kids are bitching at me to get off the computer. Going shopping and get some food now for them if that's ok.

NO it is not OK.

You're about to blow the top off the UFO question that has been haunting our entire civilization for half a century or more and you have to quit to get a what...McDonald's fries?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by peterfromdk

Actually, 816x464 is supported by the Droid X.

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I have looked around but I can't seem to find anything. Perhaps the object is very close to something I have seen before. This place does this to you, you know

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovecents

wow, you're so lucky!!!
damn i envy you. the only ufo i've seen was really high up, i was in my hot tub at almost 4am in the morning (live in NY state, so 1am your time) and I routinely look for moving objects, satellites and shooting stars etc, and saw a brighter than usual object moving accross the sky, somewhat fast. I'm thinking "that's too fast to be a satellite" so i then started thinking "comon, show me that you are what i think you are, show me that your a craft of some sort" and to my amazement the light slowed down, then, incredibly, lit up amazingly bright, so that if anyone else was looking up in the sky where I was they would think there was a second moon in the sky, only bigger, and then it dimmed back down again and kept moving in the direction it was moving before. I was dumbfounded, and after watching the CSETI dvd, the craft they see do the same things alot of the time when they are real high up in the sky, and now I know what I saw was something extraordinary.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smarterthanyou

It sounds like you saw the flare of an Iridium satellite. Very cool but not really extraordinary. You can find out when to look for another on this website:
www.heavens-above.com...

edit on 12/3/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Looks like a great pic, would have been nice if you caught it on video instead... but looks intriguing nonetheless.

Was going to respond earlier expecting members to undermine your intelligence by suggesting it could be a conventional aircraft or flare/streetlamp... Thanks for sharing.

@Phage. Please don't bloat this thread with irrelevant videos unrelated to the original post. Much appreciated. Yes, I responded to you without reading who your response was directed to. Apologies
edit on 3-12-2011 by Sek82 because: offending a lord of ATS

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Reading to whom my reply was intended is also helpful.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So would staying on topic

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Could you please give us your location by city,county etc. in SoCal that this took place?

The direction you were looking ,time of the night all that info would be quite helpful.

Because I too live in SoCal and I too saw something unusual in the night sky on12/02.

I was having a conversation with my daughter as we were driving home and I mentioned that for some reason this particular area there were a lot of UFO sightings.

She pointed up in to the sky and said."you mean like that".

And there was a strange lighted object there in the sky.

So please tell us where and when and what direction this was observed.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

You're correct. My humble apologies.
But it still sounds like the person I replied to saw an Iridium flare.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by smarterthanyou

It sounds like you saw the flare of an Iridium satellite.

you saw the flare of an Iridium satellite.

Oh no'ssssss, not again

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Celestica

Why is the person a few spots above me even looking at metadata? Metadata isn't going to help identify the object.

Correct but it will give time, date , and if run through photoshop or other editing software....forensics.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing....do you have any other documentation?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I was out having a smoke and had my Droid X in my pocket and had a Holy S*it moment. I snapped this pic in luck before it took off. It hovered for a moment and shifted right then left after I took this pic, then shot out of sight. It was amazing!!! I before I took this pic, I screamed to my kids to come outside. They didn't make it. So far, as I know, I am the only witness to this

It sounds pretty clear from the above post that you "took" one photo, and that you only had time for the one photo before it zipped away. Then later you posted this:

I have a couple more pics I was able to snap off. trying to upload now.

For me this inconsistency harms your credibility. But if you're not trying to perpetrate a hoax, then contact MUFON. They will send someone to interview you to find out where and when the photo was taken, then they will investigate to see if it is explainable (it often is). Often a UFO is only a UFO because we don't know what we're looking at.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

OMG ! Unbelievable !

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Both sides are in the wrong here.

Sceptics providing possible identities to the object which completely contrast to the statements made by the OP regarding it's behaviour and movement.

OP, another one of those dupe threads is it?

"Hang on I got more photos" (Contradicts circumstances of original story)

"Sorry hold on power of computer shut off"

I'm half expecting next, that old chestnut: "Oh crap guys a helicopter over my house, FBI knocking on my door, help"

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by peterfromdk
Metadata is data that the mobilephone stores in the picture, that is our guarantee
that the image is the original and not tampered

'Metadata' (EXIFs datas) are in no way any guarantee that the picture wasn't tampered with.
There are lots of simple softwares that have the capacities to edit (partially or fully) the EXIFs datas, and for those who are familiar with the Hex editors, it's even easier.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehal
You people are brutal. I swear if I ever do get lucky enough to snap a photo of a ufo, this is the last place on earth I would post it. I'm not saying this is the real deal, but there's nothing definitively showing (in the pic) that proves a deliberate hoax either. And you just jump right in attacking the persons character too.

Yep.. I feel the same way..

Keeping my UFO photos off this site too...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I was out having a smoke and had my Droid X in my pocket and had a Holy S*it moment. I snapped this pic in luck before it took off. It hovered for a moment and shifted right then left after I took this pic, then shot out of sight. It was amazing!!! I before I took this pic, I screamed to my kids to come outside. They didn't make it. So far, as I know, I am the only witness to this

My BS meter is sounding off and I cannot ignore it.
I can't argue about the photo(s). I am not a professional nor am I psychic but I am intuitive to a certain extent.

It's been my experience for MANY years now that people who witness a true "WTF" kinda UFO do not ordinarily use the word "amazing".
There is nothing amazing about it if it was unknown to you. That word is generally saved for familiar and comparative items/events.
That's a self-promoting word if you ask me.

Now I know this isn't a smoking-gun type of observation but I am coupling in everything. From your lack of providing the original photos in the opening post.....to some of your answers.....and to your other reply on another thread.
So when I add it all up.... I total up 'bull' with some 'crap' left over.

FWIW, I used "amazing" when I lost my virginity.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove

Originally posted by thehal
You people are brutal. I swear if I ever do get lucky enough to snap a photo of a ufo, this is the last place on earth I would post it. I'm not saying this is the real deal, but there's nothing definitively showing (in the pic) that proves a deliberate hoax either. And you just jump right in attacking the persons character too.

Yep.. I feel the same way..

Keeping my UFO photos off this site too...

No kidding, I'm keeping all my photos and couple greys in my garage far away from this site. Some of you need to chill the eff out.
edit on 3-12-2011 by blackrain17 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join