It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Southern California 12/02/11

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Geez people, lets all just attack the OP and jump down his throat.

Why is the person a few spots above me even looking at metadata? Metadata isn't going to help identify the object.

I can see the resemblance to a blimp, although down here in San Diego I've only seen a blimp once in the past 4-ish years. And why would the blimp be out at night? If it was out at night it would bave some sort of ad banner or something on it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lovecents
I was out having a smoke and had my Droid X in my pocket and had a Holy S*it moment. I snapped this pic in luck before it took off. It hovered for a moment and shifted right then left after I took this pic, then shot out of sight. It was amazing!!! I before I took this pic, I screamed to my kids to come outside. They didn't make it. So far, as I know, I am the only witness to this

My BS meter is sounding off and I cannot ignore it.
I can't argue about the photo(s). I am not a professional nor am I psychic but I am intuitive to a certain extent.

It's been my experience for MANY years now that people who witness a true "WTF" kinda UFO do not ordinarily use the word "amazing".
There is nothing amazing about it if it was unknown to you. That word is generally saved for familiar and comparative items/events.
That's a self-promoting word if you ask me.

Now I know this isn't a smoking-gun type of observation but I am coupling in everything. From your lack of providing the original photos in the opening post.....to some of your answers.....and to your other reply on another thread.
So when I add it all up.... I total up 'bull' with some 'crap' left over.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Human_Alien

What the hell do I need to justify? Am I on trial for posting a pic that I did not know what it was? If you know what it was then tell me. It's that simple. No crazy claims are being made here. Why do you need to critique post and comments from another thread? It's not relevant in this one.

To try to figure out the character of an anonymous poster claiming to have seen a UFO. That's why.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by peterfromdk

Thanks. I sorta knew what it was for but I was asking you, what did you ascertain from it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I was out having a smoke and had my Droid X in my pocket and had a Holy S*it moment. I snapped this pic in luck before it took off. It hovered for a moment and shifted right then left after I took this pic, then shot out of sight. It was amazing!!! I before I took this pic, I screamed to my kids to come outside. They didn't make it. So far, as I know, I am the only witness to this

WHY.......just answer me this....WHY is there NO mention of having taken any other photos in your original post? You were 'awake' enough to describe how it banked to the left and the right (not that that matters to us, the audience) but yet you fail to mention you have other photos? I don't get it OP. Honestly I don't.

If you're going to say it was late and you were tired then I'll ask you once again....why didn't you just wait until the AM to make this thread?

You had to have known this is not like taking a picture of a rainbow. This is a controversial topic. And this is going to get scrutinized, debunked and argued. So why not be better prepared??

You left yourself wide open here.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Op uploaded 2nd image yesterday...then deleted it for some reason

I think the OP knows it was a blimp or helicopter, but thought he would have a go and see how far he could string the die hard believers along.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

absolutely nothing
without Metadata
then it may be pure Photoshop
no one can know
I want to give him the benefit of the doubt
and help if I can
but you're right he should have prepared himself better before he started the topic

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I honestly think the biggest piece of evidence here is that the OP uploaded a second photo yesterday and then deleted it. Other posters have said it appeared to be the picture in the OP only the contrast was changed.

So, OP, can you explain why you deleted a picture and why people are saying that it was just the picture in your OP with the contrast changed?

Please do not take offense to our questioning. That is simply what will happen. We ask questions and tear through every claim in order to hopefully, identify the unidentified. Which is what you want our help with right?

Well, then we need to ask questions to figure out what we are looking at and yes, that does include investigating the possibility of a hoax.

So, about the picture/s you deleted.....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It was amazing because I didn't know what it was. Bottom line. usually when you see things for the first time, they are amazing. i.e. mount rushmore, old faithfull, wrigley field, and so on.

I was prepared for the post. If you don't like this thread, then that's ok. Posted pic last night, posted second pic then went to comment on it and computer shut off and said the hell with it I will finish it today.

Jesus fire walking christ! I posted 2 pics, I couldn't identify that were flying. Well, the pics weren't flying, the object was.

Isn't that why we are at liberty to post these things?

If you want me to take a pic of the area in the day time I will.

Sorry I don't sit at the computer 24/7 and hit F5. Going shopping with my kids and I will be back. It's light out now so I will snap the pic in the same area before we leave and I will upload it when I get back if that's good enough.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Lovecents because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2011 by Lovecents because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i am beggining to belive that the pics have not been altered and you seen something that you truly do not know the origins of...

you seem genuinely frustrated here...

at least i hope.

if it IS a hoax, just come clean bud.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Op stated in first post..."I was out having a smoke and had my Droid X in my pocket and had a Holy S*it moment. I snapped this pic in luck before it took off" meaning he/she only took one pic..now he/she is claiming to have two pics of same object...which is it?

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
You people are brutal. I swear if I ever do get lucky enough to snap a photo of a ufo, this is the last place on earth I would post it. I'm not saying this is the real deal, but there's nothing definitively showing (in the pic) that proves a deliberate hoax either. And you just jump right in attacking the persons character too.

link   
I am pretty sure I have come across this exact photo before. Hmmm...

link   
reply to post by Lovecents

There is no need to take the questioning so personal. You came to us asking for help to identify it. Well, part of figuring out what we are looking at, is asking questions, exploring all possibilities. No one is attacking you. This is simply part of the process.

We have to ask questions and explore all possibilities, in order to figure out what it is. Just because some are currently examining the possibility of a hoax does not mean they are saying you are a hoaxer.

Fact is, that people have and do come in with pics of "UFO's", say they are going to upload more or that they would, if only there computer was working right, or if only they had that pesky camera cable etc...

That is why people are looking at the hoax angle right now. Once those questions get answered, then people move on to the next possibility, but be prepared for more questions.

It is the only way we can help you figure out what we are looking at.

Yeah, I admit it is a rough process, but it is a very successful one that we have going here. So, that said, there are a few questions in the thread that need to be answered.

Would you be willing to please go back and answer the ones you have not? Remember it will help us all figure out what we are looking at.

Peace and love

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

That does not necessarily mean that he only took one picture. He was just claiming that the picture he took was snapped with his phone. Doesn't meant he didn't also take other shots.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
I am pretty sure I have come across this exact photo before. Hmmm...

Have you? Oh, please do some digging to see what you can find?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan
reply to post by kerazeesicko

That does not necessarily mean that he only took one picture. He was just claiming that the picture he took was snapped with his phone. Doesn't meant he didn't also take other shots.

Yes it does..he/she states "this pic" not "these pics", "this is one of two pics " "snapped a few pics" or anything that makes it clear he/she took more than one pic....also he/she basically said..had only time for one pic before it took off.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovecents

Can you be more specific on your UFO sighting?

Like: Approx. size of the unknown, height from ground, direction the object was taking, time,weather conditions, speed of object, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Erno86

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Thanks for that. I appreciate that.

I just snapped 2 pics in daylight of the exact same spot I was standing last night. Kids are bitching at me to get off the computer. Going shopping and get some food now for them if that's ok.

I'll post the daylight pics in a bit, sorry if not immediately for some of you but doing the best I can.

It is what it is. Ask yourself that question. I don't know so...

Thanks for all the help so far.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It is what it is. Ask yourself that question. I don't know so...

I am not sure I understand what you mean by this. You don't know the answer to the questions you haven't answered yet?

If that is what you mean, I would love to answer the questions for you, but I am no the one who saw this thing. Unfortunately, you are the only one who can answer them.

If I misunderstood what you meant, I apologize.

See you when you get back.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join