It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is an extra dose of crazy in the air all of a sudden.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What is it? The chemtrails? Flouride? Evil mind rays? I just don't know; you tell me ATS.

OK first of all this is just my subjective impression, you know? But let's start with something I noticed that maybe you did too. In the last week or so I have seen "strange board behavior" from several big-name members with shiny gold borders around their posts. No I'm not naming names because of terms and conditions we aren't supposed to rag on each other by name, right? So this is a general observation. But tell me this - does it seem to you that a few of the more famous posters have come a little unglued all of a sudden? Like taking really extreme political positions when you thought they were a totally different kind of person, for example. Like they suddenly "snapped" or something. Or else just acting weird in any other way, I mean weirder than normal lol I know we are all a bunch of weirdos anyway.

Well, then exhibit B: "The real world." About three people around me have had these freaky life-changing experiences in the past week or two. One girl is going to get married out of the blue to some guy she's known only a few weeks even. And then there is my brother, he's getting more and more angry and radical in his political views, getting "dark" if you know waht I mean but I don't mean in a good way. Actually a lot of that going on. I'm guessing people are frustrated with the economy and politics, but I seen a few "outbursts" at the mall where I work for example that were a little creepy.

Well what do you think? Is it just me or are people all becoming unhinged all of a sudden...even smart people you looked up to, which is really scary.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Perhaps you have just shifted paradigms and not realized it yet.

A shift in your personal paradigm would make it appear that people around or you or those that you have associated with have "changed", although it is you have have changed and not them.

Maybe you have truly awaken...
edit on 3-12-2011 by mileysubet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Wow I never even thought of that, thanks.

I'll have to see if that's true. Or maybe I just noticed something I didn't before....

Even so something feels a little crazier to me on ATS and also in the real world.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

These are tense and hectic times, are they not? Seems like an appropriate response to me. At least from the general public.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Ahh yeah I've noticed it in my everyday life. Have to admit most of the weirdness coming from those I know have been a good thing, lol. They've been willing to try new things. You know what I think it's people recognizing major changes have begun taking place that will forever change how we function in this society and it's frightening to them even though those changes may not be negative. Then again this is the "holiday season" a stressful time for many anyway then you add a pitiful economy and what you get is bizarre behavior from some people. People not use to tight budgets especially during this time of year are miserable, my friend is one of those people.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Im so stressed out, full of anxiety and angry with with everything lately, i need remedy cause my wife and kids don't deseve it

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Do you mind an answer that has not been thought out or carefully considered? I wonder if the craziness is a reaction to the news of impending war in the middle east, the increasing violence in the OWS cities, the continued increase in out of work people, the European crisis, and I'm sure you can name many more.

I suspect that those pressures and stresses lead to reckless behavior. Just a crazy thought.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I think you're noticing something real, alright. I've been trying to come up with a way to start a thread on something quite similar with regard to how events and series of of them that once took months now seem to cross weeks...and weeks of events a few years ago now seem to take days to run their course. It dovetails with the uptick in violence the headlines are carrying.

Not just more media awareness, but outright wacky and wild things in public places or order counters and such. A story about a barber in Camden, NJ I believe it was...biting the ear off a customer who'd slammed his door and broken the glass recently. Almost movie type weirdness like that. So, your observations here are well in line with so much else happening, to be sure. It's tough to put into words though....

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The world is waking up..

It's gonna be painful at first.

Everyone is getting angrier because they can finally see the injustice in even the smallest things.

We'll emerge stronger and more united.

Wait a min. I think I was dozing. Ok what were we talking about?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

Hey, I can see some validity to that post. The world could be represented as a physical human body. When the body undergoes some sort of detoxing, all the toxins have to first be expelled through the body, causing much suffering. Of course, after they are gone there is ease!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've noticed more and more people going about daily life... carrying on conversations... everything seemingly normal as can be... then all of a sudden they stop in their tracks... and fly off on another tangent altogether that by most would seem totally irrational...

The other night I was having a conversation with someone... everything was calm and easy going... all of a sudden they said "I have a headache don't mind me"... and then sort of flipped their lid for no apparent reason...

I don't know exactly what is going on around here but it is certainly not normal...

There have been an unusually high amount of cross hatched pattern "contrails" overhead as of late that somehow seem to stay directly over specific areas with distinct east to west and north to south borders where outside of them there is nothing but blue sky...

I've also been getting a lot of really weird squelches over a particular frequency I monitor on the scanner after it being virtually silent for months... and coincidentally enough it all started after the "wide scale test of the emergency broadcast system" back on the 9th...

Either everyone is "waking up" or they're losing their friggin' minds... I guess it's really all a matter of perspective...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I've noticed more and more people going about daily life... carrying on conversations... everything seemingly normal as can be... then all of a sudden they stop in their tracks... and fly off on another tangent altogether that by most would seem totally irrational...

The other night I was having a conversation with someone... everything was calm and easy going... all of a sudden they said "I have a headache don't mind me"... and then sort of flipped their lid for no apparent reason...

I don't know exactly what is going on around here but it is certainly not normal...

There have been an unusually high amount of cross hatched pattern "contrails" overhead as of late that somehow seem to stay directly over specific areas with distinct east to west and north to south borders where outside of them there is nothing but blue sky...

I've also been getting a lot of really weird squelches over a particular frequency I monitor on the scanner after it being virtually silent for months... and coincidentally enough it all started after the "wide scale test of the emergency broadcast system" back on the 9th...

Either everyone is "waking up" or they're losing their friggin' minds... I guess it's really all a matter of perspective...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SwissMarked

Hey, if you lose your mind.. you haven't lost much! Most spiritual teachers claim that the egotistical, self-identifying mind is the cause of pain and suffering. That being said, I would say that waking up and "losing your mind" might very well go hand-in-hand!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Did you ever hear about the outbreak of "weirdness" in Wisconsin in the late 1800s? For a few years, there was evidence of a kind of mass hysteria; crimes went up, businesses and families broke down, there were outbreaks of madness on a widespread scale, and even simpler things like evidence of generalized anxiety, etc.

It's really interesing:

edit on 12/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Hey, if you lose your mind.. you haven't lost much! Most spiritual teachers claim that the egotistical, self-identifying mind is the cause of pain and suffering. That being said, I would say that waking up and "losing your mind" might very well go hand-in-hand!

I'd be more inclined to say that if you lose your mind you're losing quite a bit... losing your body is another "matter" altogether...

I think "waking up" is more along the lines of gaining insight into how things really work that very well may be viewed by others who choose to embrace ignorance as "losing your mind" until it happens to them...

While I agree wholeheartedly that most pain and suffering is ego fueled especially in those who constantly paint themselves as a victim to reap the benefits and attention lavished upon them for doing so I don't think that being "self identifying" or "self aware" is a cause of pain so much as it is a gateway to enlightenment...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Well, when I say mind I am of course referring to the ego-driven mind.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Did you ever hear about the outbreak of "weirdness" in Wisconsin in the late 1800s? For a few years, there was evidence of a kind of mass hysteria; crimes went up, businesses and families broke down, there were outbreaks of madness on a widespread scale, and even simpler things like evidence of generalized anxiety, etc.

It's really interesing:

edit on 12/3/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

I'd say it's an "insane coincidence" that you popped into this thread mentioning Wisconsin Death Trip... but I don't believe in coincidences... if I did today would have been the single largest string of them in a 24 hour span I've ever experienced...

Which just reinforces in my mind there is definitely something amiss... and the "pattern" is repeating more frequently and for longer durations...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErroneousDylan

Well, when I say mind I am of course referring to the ego-driven mind.

I get what you're saying... and I personally believe that most people that are considered to be "bi-polar" are truly experiencing an awakening in the sense that they are beginning the divide between the ego driven material seeking "shadow mind" and ego shedding soul driven spirit purposed "light worker mind"...

If you take a group of what would be considered "classically mentally ill" people and put them in a room together you'll have a zoo... but if you take a group of "manic individuals" who believe they are experiencing a "spiritual awakening" and put them in a room together without having someone try to convince them that what they are going through is "not real" but a manifestation of their "psychosis" you would be floored at the way they work and thrive together almost in a "hive like" fashion...

I think a great number of "psychological professionals" are aware of this as well as the fact that there is something greater than us coming about... however their own go driven minds would prefer to live in luxury and impress their friends and family with a Mercedes S-class than truly help those around them experience things few can imagine the mind is capable of...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Fantastic. Synched up...

What was the other incident involving Wisconsin Death Trip?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

Fantastic. Synched up...

What was the other incident involving Wisconsin Death Trip?

Nothing within the confines of this thread... I'd been thinking about it late in the day yesterday (Friday) and about how it related to my life first with the book when I'd come across it during my childhood and then later on with the band Static-X's debut album titled "Wisconsin Death Trip" and how that "marked" a chapter of my life... all of this came about after thinking of neither for years until my daughter mentioned to me out of the blue on Thursday that one of her spelling words this week was "Wisconsin" and she wasn't sure and she wasn't sure if she spelled the end of it right... I told her the easiest way to remember it (she goes to a Christian school) is that "a con is a sin"...

So when you popped up and mentioned that I immediately knew there was a reason for it even if I don't yet know what it is... then again I'm not certain why I'm still up typing three hours after I'd intended to go to bed and would have most likely missed this thread entirely had I retired earlier and for whatever reason not had a "nagging feeling" that I should scroll through this site before I attempted to do so... but eventually I'll figure it out and giggle to myself about it and then say "nothing" when someone asks me what I'm smiling about...

"Edit Addendum" (figured there's no point in adding another post just to say this)...

Just wanted to add that when I saw "BulletInYourHead's" avatar it also struck me as ironic that I'd been thinking about Natural Born Killers as well earlier yesterday and the negative impact it had on someone's life and psyche who is extremely close to me when they watched it for the first time several weeks ago and certain aspects of it "took on special meaning" to them as television shows and movies unfortunately quite often do to their determent...

It's one of the many reasons I really hate the entertainment industry as a whole... I've seen it negatively impact far more people than it's positively influenced... nothing like scripted "reality" and a little bit of the "ultra violence" to bring out the worst in a society...
edit on 3-12-2011 by SwissMarked because: Added "Edit Addendum"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join