It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harnessing Geothermal Energy with modern technological advancements.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It seems to me that any residual energy in any form should be able to be harnassed and put to use with modern technology. This is a good example of Geothermal Energy being used in a State that needs all the energy help they can get, the people that live there that is. Anyway I thought this was a cool video and his screw Forbes quote was classic Alaskan.
edit on 3-12-2011 by The Undertaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
looks good

"Mr Forbes can kiss my arse" ..... lol

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I use to build geothermal power plants and the plant at Chena Hot Springs is one of the most interesting.

They use a modular Organic Rankine cycle power unit.
en.wikipedia.org...

The same power unit could be used with solar trough type solar collectors and be scaled from small one home units to megawatt size units.
www.nrel.gov...
www.conocophillips.com...
www.renewableenergyfocususa.com...

Since these are stack-able you can run one unit or 100 units with the same construction.
Since each unit is modular the power unit can be unplugged and replaced
and the bad unit can be repaired at the factory or a central location
This saves a lot of down time when you have a breakdown. or are at the end of a maintenance cycle.

These also make the system great for areas with no geothermal but with good solar days like the desert southwest.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this. I know one of the things that make his generator so unique is the fluid he uses in it. I had seen a segment on him a few years ago and I have been looking for his work for a while. I am interested in all things that are clean energy.

Here are a few sites you should look at one is a steam engine that is a completly new desighn I am currently building one myself and I may try to contact the man in your video to see if the fluid he uses can be used in mine for a closed loop system the other two links are for a solar steam engine and a fueles water heater both are worth a look at. The solar aray I was thinking could benifit from useing the fluid same as mine. I can just inagine the power it could generate and probably would work on cloudy days. The water heater is just cool.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join