It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Condemns Occupy Crackdown

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

UN Condemns Occupy Crackdown

beforeitsnews.com

In Solidarity with #Occupywallstreet WASHINGTON -- The United Nations envoy for freedom of expression is drafting an official communication to the U.S. government demanding to know why federal officials are not protecting the rights of Occupy demonstrators whose protests are being disbanded -- sometimes violently -- by local authorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I cannot say i agree more with this man. I have been seriously debating whether or not if i should make a post.

I support the Occupy movement and believe the United States Government should come back to reality in terms of its power.

The government is losing the fear of the people and has even gone so far as to THROW a bill in the Publics face that officially declares the United States of America a Police State.
www.opencongress.org...

The Government can now legally detain you for the rest of your life without trial or any reason. I much rather have a few radicals running around in the streets than my rights being taken from me.

Live Free or Die Trying. THE US GOVERNMENT should not fear terrorism so much that is IMPEDES the Constiution most foundational right.

I MEAN THIS BILL GOES 100% in the opposite direction of the constitution.

The American people have a RIGHT to protest.

beforeitsnews.com

www.huffingtonpost.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If the people of the military and police do not protect us by standing up to their masters then we are in serious trouble. Welcome to a repeat of the holocaust. I hope they are all oathkeepers.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
While I think beforeitsnews is complete feces since you or I could (right now) post anything we want (true or false) on their site,
I do agree with the sentiment.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

edit on 3-12-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Occupy messed up, these people need representation...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by natalietruth

The Military / Police cannot act against the US government until it asks us to fire on innocent people. If we are told to kill innocent people (Martial Law / Shoot to kill). Then the Military can rightfully revolt against the Federal government with a COC structure.

Until that time , i doubt you will see anything of the like.

We are executed if we are tried for treason by a firing squad.

PLEASE PEOPLE, YOU CAN CALL YOUR GOVERNOR and COMPLAIN! They do listen. The States actually do listen to a degree.

Hell , the Federal government is stepping all over the States authority. The power that gives the Government ... Power...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
The UN needs to shove it or we will liberate them back to the stone age and install a democracy until only cockroaches survive.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

We are a Republic according to the constitution. The Government is enforcing a Democracy instead of a Republic (Foundations of the Constitution).

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The United Nations is not a world community, it is a community of tyrants

The United Nations is not a world community, it is a community of tyrants. There is no world community, because most of the people of the world are not free to have any say in their own lives. To talk about the UN as if it has any moral standing, is as ridiculous as getting the guards and inmates of a prison to vote together on what conditions inside the prison should be like. The UN is not a force for peace, it is a force for maintaining the political status quo for its louder voices, and for grinding under those free countries they consider their enemies.

The Myth of the World Community

The UN......................

Laughable.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The Humanitarian guy that is working for NATO made a very good point ... aparantly you dont realize if you remotely look like a thread during an uprising. They will either kill you or stuff you so far behind bars you cant see out of the hole you're in?

The can arrest you at any time , any where , for no reason what so ever , and jail you for the rest of your life with this bill.

This is not in my constitution. Actually im pretty sure this is prohibited by the constitution.

---------------------------------------

I have been screaming this in my head for a while now. If the protesters are not interfering with any other persons rights or causing sanitary levels to drastically lower , then there should be no problem where they protest on public property.

You cant simply stop protests because they are protesting.

They are VIOLENTLY upheaving these protesters. They have not picked up and attacked with Rocks and Bats / Sticks yet. I have feeling this will come. The more you try and surpress a people. The more they will rise.

This is common sense. If you start killing them ... well it just so happens we can fire back and out number the government 1 million to 1 ....

If they start deploying US military personnel around the country and declaring martial law. You better attack before they instill fear and doubt. Drones / Airstrikes will not kill 300 million people. If they even try that im sure we will be invaded by China / Russia ... or NATO any how.

The US Government does not protect itself from the People that allow them power ...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Maybe protesting and camping out are two DIFFERENT things.

EVERYONE has the right to protest though.

The UN Condemning the United States,is laughable.

What is the UN without the United States?

Think about it................

I say get America out of the UN.

We have funded this monstrosity of tyrants for too long.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You seem to not be noticing.

Yes NATO is very highly funded by America. If we pull out , America still wouldnt stand a chance against NATO in conflict considering is contains most of the Major world powers.

Never under estimate a nation. You will find quickly , you die just as quick as they die.

-------

If The UNITED STATES Government is Against the American People (Which they are , they declared war on American citizens) NATO should petition The United States Government. Our Government is not immune to international communities.

Though , hopefully this next Election the American people will use their heads and vote some one that supports the constitution to its basis.

Ron Paul would get my vote regardless. I do have a major issue with his MILITARY / Foreign affairs agenda. It is to weak and wussified. Everything else though is nearly perfect.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Frank La Rue

Frank is the one pushing this at the UN. I keep seeing the guy's name popping up with you know who...Yup, You guessed it...

Da Da Dun!

George Soros

This is the second time in like a month that Frank and good old 1%er George are in the News regarding UN action.

UN Internet agenda tied to George Soros

Frank La Rue, the U.N. Special Rapporteur on freedom of expression who made summer headlines when he proclaimed Internet access as a basic human right, conducted his research and delivered his conclusions with the support of organizations funded by liberal financier George Soros, The Daily Caller has learned.

La Rue’s statements on Internet freedom caused alarm among conservatives who believe “net neutrality” is a vehicle for a government takeover of the Internet.

Advocates of net neutrality, a position championed by the billionaire Soros and by the U.N

edit on 3-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I didnt say i support this mans agenda. I said i supported what he said about the US surpressing the Citizens of the United States of America.

Public property is public property. The people camping in that park. It belongs to them as well.

The Federal Government should have NO ability to protect itself from the American people (IF THERE IS MAJORITY). They should be in no way declaring war on the Citizens.

The UN would be an even more Hypocrit if it didnt critize the American Government on their "Crackdowns".

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Public property is public property. The people camping in that park. It belongs to them as well.

Alistair McKenzie, an attorney for the movement, argued that a special events permit does not apply to First Amendment activity and that the lawn of City Hall is the "quintessential public forum." McKenzie also argued that the city is treating the lawn like a city park when it's not one by putting set hours of use on it. City Attorney Jim Messer said a city ordinance makes it unlawful for anyone to occupy or set up an enclosure, tent or obstruction on any city property. "There is no First Amendment right to erect tents anywhere," Messer said.

Federal court nixes Occupy Pensacola campsite

Answers that question...................

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

No offense to the good people who DO work inside the UN building, but this is another case of the United Nations missing the forest for the trees. Local authorities are putting down OWS camps so Federal authorities should intervene and save them?

Are they KIDDING?? Federal Authorities are DIRECTING and COORDINATING the local efforts from Washington. Perhaps the guy from the U.N. needs to take a shuttle flight down from New York and ask the people running the crack down in person. One is named Janet, the other is name Barack. He'd better hurry though, Barack is rumored to be headed to Africa for over 2 weeks for a vacation. lol...

You can't make some of this stuff up. You just can't.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Sounds like the perfect opening for the 3rd king of terror mentioned by Nostradamus... namely, Ray Mabus who is the current Secretary of the US NAVY. If this happens and the military pushes back... well, lets just say things are coming to a boil....

SOURCE: en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12/3/2011 by FrankieNinja because: none

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Frank La Rue

Frank is the one pushing this at the UN. I keep seeing the guys name popping up with you know who...Yup, You guessed it...

Da Da Dun!
George Soros

This is the second time in like a month that Frank and good old 1%er George are in the News regarding UN action.

UN Internet agenda tied to George Soros

Frank La Rue, the U.N. Special Rapporteur on freedom of expression who made summer headlines when he proclaimed Internet access as a basic human right, conducted his research and delivered his conclusions with the support of organizations funded by liberal financier George Soros, The Daily Caller has learned.

La Rue’s statements on Internet freedom caused alarm among conservatives who believe “net neutrality” is a vehicle for a government takeover of the Internet.

Advocates of net neutrality, a position championed by the billionaire Soros and by the U.N

edit on 3-12-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Figures...........

More Soros Agenda.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

George Soros and net neutrality really don't have anything to do with the militant crackdown on what have been for the most part peaceful protests.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join