It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not an 'Occupy Wallstreet Movement,' It's a Human Movement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I saw this video today and thought it was worth sharing.
Now, I don't agree with violence on any level other than self defense, and even then, as a last resort.
But I understand where those who think a little differently are coming from,
and with that said,
I really can't imagine the police being too surprised by the fact that
their violence will breed more violence,
and if they don't stop their unjustified aggression against peaceful citizens (aka Peaceful Human Beings) t
than I really don't think they have any room to be 'surprised'
when they get what they are giving.

If it were up to me however,
their violence would instill a sense of courage, a sense of 'championship' if you will,
by those it is directed at.
Because you know what their violence means?
We're winning.
It means 'they' are running scared and trying so so desperately to shut you up.
They want with all of their might for you to be scared, for you to go running home,
for you to shut up.
OR
they want you to get violent
so they can take you out
with more violence.

Do not give them that option.

The power of a thousand voices in unison is spine tingly powerful.
The power of a million voices IS UNSTOPPABLE.

We do not need to resort to their level.

As Booker T. Washington said*
"I let no man drag me down so low as to make me hate him."

(*The video gives credit to MLK for the quote, my guess is MLK quoted Washington.)

Regardless of all of that,
I think this video is worth watching and sharing.

(P.S. I genuinely do hope you have a good today.)
edit on 3-12-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Let me ask you one simple question if I may? What if the American settlers had a no violence policy regarding Great Briton? The answer is that we would be having this conversation, assuming the Queen allowed it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Dear eleven44,

F&S, there is too much violence already, I am with you. Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Be a champion while learning to dodge bullets:

I don't equate self-defense to violence when it's necessary in keeping you alive...
edit on 3-12-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Let me ask you one simple question if I may? What if the American settlers had a no violence policy regarding Great Briton? The answer is that we would be having this conversation, assuming the Queen allowed it.

Elton John prohibits free speech now?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I believe many (not all) of the law enforcement officers feel the same way that the OWS protester feel about our current situation in the US, but they are not willing to do anything other than carry out the orders given to them form their OIC (officer in charge) because they are afraid of being fired and not being able to support their own family.

This does not justify the actions that have been seen by all of us though. But some people simple do not know when to draw the line, and make the sacrifice for freedom over security. They still have "freedom" in a sense and are afraid to step into the unknown.

Believe it or not I think the people that are enforcing these actions are mostly against what they have to do as well. They are just not sure how to escape the trap they are in and still provide for their families.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

I guess a better question is who's on top... America or Elton John?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

When I, the People, learn to remember, when I, the
People, use the lessons of yesterday and no longer
forget who robbed me last year, who played me for
a fool--then there will be no speaker in all the world
say the name: "The People," with any fleck of a
sneer in his voice or any far-off smile of derision.
The mob--the crowd--the mass--will arrive then.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

ROFLMAO, bro, in this period of time, with everything that has happened in the last 6 months in the world, I wouldn't be surprised if they interrupted my DVR of Kitchen Nightmares to announce that Elton John now prohibits free speech. Hell, most people would just say, whatever, shut up, I'm watching Kitchen Nightmares! lol

Man, I wish I could give you more than one star............!
edit on 3-12-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

"But I understand where those who think a little differently are coming from,
and with that said,
I really can't imagine the police being too surprised by the fact that
their violence will breed more violence, "

I understand it, I do. And I do not consider myself wise enough to say that it is not always necessary.
But I do believe in balance.
I'm still on the same side as those who would resort to violence, I just have a different tactic.

But sure, at the same time, as history has shown and as I have barred witness, violence is more often than not associated with a justified revolution.
With that said, I hope within my heart of hearts that humanity takes one giant step forward and evolves to a stage beyond resorting to violence.
I understand it's a long shot, but going back to that 'balance' thing,
some of us on this Earth have to be lovers, eh?
Besides, I think there are better ways to fight nowadays
than with violence.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Or, better yet,
learn how to come together
to curtail the amount of money and energy being spent on military expenses every year,
so that in the future there won't be so many bullets flying around.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Or, better yet,
learn how to come together
to curtail the amount of money and energy being spent on military expenses every year,
so that in the future there won't be so many bullets flying around.

Save your speech for the men funding/ carrying out these atrocities. Perhaps you should invest in a bullet-proof vest... Hate to see a FMJ with your name on it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Let me tell you one thing. The military is far more for the people than the police force. Police departments all across the country have been infested with agents from homeland security and that is where most receive there training from these days.

Americans won't "YET" tolerate the military controlling domestic matters so the police, in semi secret are being trained in a very systematic and desensitizing way to be the government gestapo. Most military men are slammed by endless propaganda about God and country in the attempt to control and manipulate, the problem with the establishment is that through human nature, military men experiencing battle, seeing a friend die in horrific fashion or having to take another life, will eventual see through the BS and start to contemplate there own mortality and morality.

Some may even see this through the simple separation from there wives, husbands or children. This brings most back into reality and separates them from the brainwashing they have received and are broken free of the chains of enslavement or tools of murder for the glory of lesser men.

They keep the police force, local, there best interests right in front of them so that the decision is much harder as there is an immediate and dynamic effect on there lives should they choose to disobey. Wise is the right hand that secretly knows what the left will do and plans in advance........

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Hate to see a FMJ with your name on it.

Well at least we agree on something.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Let me tell you one thing. The military is far more for the people than the police force. Police departments all across the country have been infested with agents from homeland security and that is where most receive there training from these days.

Americans won't "YET" tolerate the military controlling domestic matters so the police, in semi secret are being trained in a very systematic and desensitizing way to be the government gestapo. Most military men are slammed by endless propaganda about God and country in the attempt to control and manipulate, the problem with the establishment is that through human nature, military men experiencing battle, seeing a friend die in horrific fashion or having to take another life, will eventual see through the BS and start to contemplate there own mortality and morality.

Some may even see this through the simple separation from there wives, husbands or children. This brings most back into reality and separates them from the brainwashing they have received and are broken free of the chains of enslavement or tools of murder for the glory of lesser men.

They keep the police force, local, there best interests right in front of them so that the decision is much harder as there is an immediate and dynamic effect on there lives should they choose to disobey. Wise is the right hand that secretly knows what the left will do and plans in advance........

Enough said...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
nope, the OWS people are dirty, illiterate, subhuman hippies that need a good pepper spray.

*heavy sarcasm*

or at least that's what the msm would have you believe.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
nope, the OWS people are dirty, illiterate, subhuman hippies that need a good pepper spray.

*heavy sarcasm*

No, they have done a pretty good job of convincing me of that all by themselves

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

*heavy sarcasm*

No, they have done a pretty good job of convincing me of that all by themselves

Tough call... This guy looks more like a Santa though:

The filth becomes obvious when you're paying attention.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I definitely agree and understand with everything you're saying.
And I'm not saying it is 100% guaranteed that my opinion is the 100% correct answer.

But I do think it is important that we remember that,
regardless of the amount of brainwashing and desensitization,
those being trained to carry out these deeds are still human
and are capable of responding to emotions other than violence
with actions other than violence.

And for the time being, we are still neighbors with them and have access to full communication with most of them.
We should utilize this ability while we still can to open up better forms of communication.

Also, though I do not label myself as 'Christian,'
I do happen to agree with a lot of what Jesus says,
and I believe this is well worth a read. (Sorry for the length.)

"If a soldier demands that you carry his gear for a mile, carry it two miles." --Matthew 5:41

In first century Judea, the poor were oppressed under a practice called angareia – the involuntary drafting of peasants to carry the gear of Roman soldiers. Angareia is seen in the Bible when Simon of Cyrene was forced by Roman soldiers to carry the cross of Jesus. He was only forced to carry the cross part of the way, however, since the Roman government had ruled that the maximum distance a man could be forced to carry gear under angareia was one mile.
One mile might not sound very far, but Roman soldiers often carried at least seventy pounds of gear with them. If a man was asked to carry this gear for a mile and he resisted, he would be beaten, arrested, and imprisoned. If he surrendered to the Roman soldier’s demand, he would have to carry the gear for an entire mile. After one mile, the Roman soldier would tell him to stop, since carrying it further than one mile was a crime under Roman law.

The Jews hated angareia with a burning passion – it was a horrible injustice. But rather than attempting to resist it through violence, Jesus offers another creative form of nonviolent resistance. If a man was forced by a Roman soldier to carry gear for one mile, what would happen if he continued to carry the gear for more than one mile? The soldier would be placed in a very awkward position. If a peasant was drafted under angareia, Roman law dictated that the solider had to stop him after one mile. If anyone found out that the peasant had continued for two miles, the soldier could himself could be arrested and beaten!

Once again Jesus offers a creative method of nonviolent resistance that would repay the soldier for his oppression without resorting to violence on the part of the peasant. If enough peasants heeded Christ’s command, hundreds of Roman soldiers would be beaten by other Roman soldiers of higher rank. The “enemy” would thus destroy itself, with no need for violence on the part of the peasants. The entire system of oppression that existed under angareia would be comprised.

Roman soldiers beaten for breaking the law would be much less likely to draft peasants under angareia again in the future. Once again we see that we can overcome evil not by repaying it with more evil, but by repaying it with good. By carrying the gear for an extra mile – an act of compassion rather than violence – the Roman system of oppression would be horribly compromised.

edit on 3-12-2011 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

so you are for the government bailouts totaling over 20 trillion to big banks and businesses who give themselves billions in bonuses, while the average joe worked hard and got a degree in college, but is stuck flipping burgers for a couple bucks an hour?

you're fine with the police pepper spraying and assaulting peaceful protesters just because you don't like them or agree with what they're saying?

i guess that quote in your signature is all bs then.

Being a "revolutionary" is easy scream as loud as you can about freedom of speech then get super offended when someone has says something contrary to what you believe.

you're offended for some reason, so you think they should be pepper sprayed, arrested, and silenced.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join