It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan to help fund a Southern Corridor linking Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam & Myanmar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
" Prime Minister Noda and other leading politicians are intent on expanding the influence of Japan internationally and the latest pledge of two trillion yen looks very promising. This applies to developing the transportation infrastructure of south-east Asia and creating a new network which will open up the region to Japanese companies and other nations. "

Source

The “southern corridor” is intended to link Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnam) with Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Bangkok (Thailand), and ultimately with the Dawei Seaport (Myanmar). Therefore, Japan pledged to give ASEAN two trillion yen in order to create a new economic hub and help with exporting and importing respective goods with India.

This may help to explain the recent American campaign in the Asian - Pacific regions

Ultra-Wealthy in Asia-Pacific will Surpass Europe, U.S.

Source

The Asia-Pacific region, which has 42,525 ultra high net worth individuals (UHNW), will outnumber North America in 2032 and Europe in 2024, according to the World Ultra Wealth Report published by Wealth-X. Globally, there are 185,795 UHNW individuals.

$7.7 Trillion Private Banking Opportunity in Asia-Pacific Video at source below

Source

Clinton: 21st Century will Focus on Asia-Pacific

" U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Thursday that the United States is renewing its focus on the Asia-Pacific region as the world's economic and strategic center shifts eastward. Clinton spoke in Honolulu, Hawaii before joining trade talks of the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation forum, or APEC. The talks will continue through Sunday, when President Barack Obama is set to host a meeting of Asia-Pacific leaders. The secretary of state outlined her vision for what she called America's Pacific century. "

Source

Clinton said that as the war in Iraq winds down and with Afghanistan in transition, the Obama administration is renewing its focus on the Pacific region, which is home to nearly half of the world's population and some of its fastest-growing economies, including India and APEC-member China.

Obama’s Trip Emphasizes Role of Pacific Rim

" BALI, Indonesia — President Obama discussed maritime security, nuclear nonproliferation and disaster aid at an Asian summit meeting on Friday, but just his presence on this resort island telegraphed his main message: that the United States is turning its focus to the booming Asia-Pacific region after a decade of preoccupation with wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. "

Source

The American focus on Asia has been raising tensions with an ever more powerful China, which has been increasingly assertive in the region. On Saturday morning Mr. Obama held a previously unscheduled meeting with Prime Minister Wen Jiabao of China. Administration officials said Mr. Obama and Mr. Wen talked briefly on Friday night at a dinner for the gathered leaders and agreed to meet the next morning. Earlier on Friday, Mr. Wen had pushed back against the United States, saying that “outside forces should not, under any pretext” interfere in a regional fight over the control of the South China Sea.

Related material

President Obama: New Asia Policy is like the Old Policy, Japan beware

edit on 3-12-2011 by Daedal because: Added source

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I hate to be the wet blanket of cold logic here......but half of Japan is scheduled to be glowing a light shade of radioactive for quite some time and costing Japan their future properity even longer. The reactor complex at Fukushima Daiichi hasn't even been contained yet and isn't expected to be for months.

Where is this fantasy 2 trillion yen coming from? They are #2 behind China for holding U.S. debt, but I sure hope they aren't carrying that as an asset on their balance sheets.. Wow.. Do I have some bad news for 'em if they are.

Now for the other Nations involved, hey this is outstanding news. I would love to see those 4 nations actually working together for a change and focusing on achieving things instead of destroying them. I think S.E. Asia has a great deal of potential if they work together.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
What agricultural product does Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Burma all have in common?...

Not that Im implying any Japanese involvement in the international opium trade.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Japan has cut a deal with China.

America gets nuked.

They split the resources.

Bad short story I read somewhere.

ETA: (come to think of it, Japan has experience with radioactivity)

This is actually quite an unnerving thought.

Idiot !@$# politicians
edit on 3-12-2011 by rbnhd76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
What agricultural product does Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Burma all have in common?...

wrong the answer is...

rice

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

wrong the answer is...

rice

Yeah, Im really having a problem hitting up rice, the smack on the other had (arm)...

"See the needle and the damage done"

EDIT: No, farcYew, that is racist!, Most asian countries have rice as a staple, like you wadjalas with wheat!. Me pointing out that these are big opium producing countries should not be drowned out by your xenophobic rhetoric.

BATTLE ME!
edit on 3-12-2011 by cartenz because: it is not all about rice; ask your Vietnam Vets

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
1. The southern corridor will take the flake off Burma, Thailand, Vietnam and many other S.E asian states from using the disputed easterns unconscionably claimed by the China CCP gov.

Trade is the lifeblood of the world, including USA. With this corridor that will link those nations from the north right down to Indonesia and short hops across straits to Philippines, it will link asia to rest of the world, and reliance on the sea lanes will become less, while long and acrimonious negotiations over the ownership of the eastern seas and its underground wealth are being conducted.

2. Japan may be the 2nd largest economy, but it has amassed great wealth which are liquid revenues, unlike China, which has large reserves, but every dollar held there is desperately needed by its people, and is not used on them, but to throw around the world frivolously buying power and resource to shore up its hold onto its tyrannical regime.

Japan's debt is only to its own people, which are already well provided for with its generous annual budget allocations, and by offering those excess funds to Asia for necessary projects, it will in the end gain much returns with the stability it offers in peaceful trade, rather to spend billions in resources, war or acrimonious legal battles for the seas.

3 With an educated and hardworking population, as well as immensely wealthy in resources yet to be tapped, Asian states can help the recovery of the world by being the next consumers that Americans once was, and help USA's economic recovery futher, by buying its products, provided it is reasonably price ( not necessarilyl cheaply priced) and quality is as good as it once was.

All it needs is peace and stability, which Mrs Clinton had been advocating all along. Peace will bode well for China too, for there is enough wealth for all to share. The citizens there will be educated, and with rising income through protests and strikes against unconscionable corporations, they will be able to afford to become even bigger consumers in their own country.

It is a win-win solution for all. The Chinese civilisation existed for thousands of years. They are not fools. May the current CCP gov not be fools. Might can be right, but without support from its citizens or asian states treated fairly, whom are the true might, the CCP will fall. 30million bootlickers against 1.3 billion citizens in a street battle is foregone conclusion.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

I love your optimism, but no matter how long you go without the IV diamorphine hydrochloride you still see things in a smack and white matter.

I mean blat-ing white...

I mean...

sh*t.

4 years clean and I still cant get my mind off it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

wrong the answer is...

rice

...these are big opium producing countries should not be drowned out by your xenophobic rhetoric.

BATTLE ME!
edit on 3-12-2011 by cartenz because: it is not all about rice; ask your Vietnam Vets

vietnam vets?
oh, you mean that war where wheat powered robots battled rice powered ones?
missed out on it as i was born in '67. though i hear that when the former expired they served as containers to sneak the smack into the us.

opium is a "gift" of the west to the world ask any one in china

do you have any idea how cramped up the japanese are on their islands? raising cows for beef in addition to growing rice is pretty expensive, prohibitively so in the case of the former, what with real estate values there.
[not a weeaboo, btw, though]

rice was meant as a succinct [that means brief] reference to growing/raising food, sorry it went over your head

and what with my grandma having been puertorrican, i grew up eating more than my fair share of rice myself
my favorite is white [long] with chick peas, corned beef and 2 fried eggs on top.

wadjalas?
sorry, not a british colonialist, sahib, i'm a multi-ethnic [A/E/WA] late 20th-early 21st century human from the US. that likes BEEF

lol what a fascinating troll you are, and you know what they say about ASSuming...
edit on 3-12-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
US, Japan Call for Peaceful Transition in North Korea

" A White House statement earlier said Mr. Obama, in his talks with Mr. Lee, had reaffirmed Washington's strong commitment to “the security of our close ally, the Republic of Korea.” The statement said the leaders agreed to continue close coordination between their respective national security teams. "

Source

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the Pacific powers have been in close consultation following the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong Il amid concern for the wellbeing of the reclusive nation's people.

Clinton spoke following talks in Washington Monday with Japanese Foreign Minister Koichiro Gemba. She said their two countries share a common interest in a stable and peaceful transition of power in Pyongyang.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Japan preparing for future south east asian conquest under the guise of building a corridor linking all these nations under the disguise of trade.

Japans economy is on the way out as is its nation.....they are preparing to invade SEAsia in the long term and annex it. Just like in WW2......its the only way they can see themselves surviving longer term and the yanks will support them.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by rbnhd76

YUP.

Search for the dream/vision

CHINA AND RUSSIA ATTACK

under the submenu DREAMS AND VISIONS

AT

www.handofhelp.com...

Your analysis is vividly outlined in that doc.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
China eyes creation of ASEAN Bank

" China is considering a proposal to set up a regional bank to help its small and medium enterprises (SMEs) invest in Southeast Asian neighbors, fund infrastructure projects and promote development in southwestern China, two independent sources said. "

Source

After approval by the State Council, or cabinet, China would formally invite members of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), Japan and South Korea to each take a stake in the ASEAN Bank, said the sources, who have direct knowledge of the proposal.

Even more cooperation between Japan and China to shore up their currencies and get rid of the dollar..The dollar isn't looking to stand very long in these competitive markets. Won't be long until it is obsolete in Asia.

China, Japan to Back Direct Trade of Currencies

Source

Japan and China will promote direct trading of the yen and yuan without using dollars and will encourage the development of a market for companies involved in the exchanges, the Japanese government said.

Japan will also apply to buy Chinese bonds next year, allowing the investment of renminbi that leaves China during the transactions, the Japanese government said in a statement after a meeting between Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda and Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao in Beijing yesterday. Encouraging direct yen- yuan settlement should reduce currency risks and trading costs, the Japanese and Chinese governments said.

Japan has indeed entered into an agreement to drop the dollar in currency exchange with China and has expressed interest in melting into ASEAN. Japan has also struck somewhat similar though slightly more limited deals with India, South Korea, Indonesia, and the Philippines almost simultaneously:

Japan, India Seal $15 Billion Currency Swap Arrangement to Shore Up Rupee

Source

Japan agreed to make $15 billion available to India in a currency swap arrangement as Europe’s deepening debt crisis threatens to curtail developing Asia’s access to dollar funding.

Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda renewed a bilateral swap agreement with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi today. The two nations had signed a $3 billion accord in June 2008 that has since expired.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Daedal because: Edit

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Never fear WHAT the gov or bankers proposes. In the end, its the People who calls the shot.

Do you dare to accept Yuan, or Yen, or Rupees, instead of the Dollar for your international goods or services?

The trust will still be in dollar. BRICS had tried to do away with the dollar. Iran had tried to do away with the dollar. Asia is trying.

Ultimately, it is all about stability, which is what the market needs. China is MOST certainly not stable, not with its numerous cases of corruption and short chaning of its own people, and its capriciousness with the non-existance Rule of Law. It's only a matter of time before it collapses, and the money amassed used finally to alleviate the sufferings of the People.

Globalisation only benefited international corps, not the masses. Even with a rise in salaries, workers would rather return back to their villages, that is, if there are still villages left and not land grabbed by the corrupt CCP members sold at profits to Corps.

Japan has huge debts of its own, with an unresolved nuke reactor still flowing radioactive isotopes out, and most worse of all, laying in the currently active geological Ring of Fire which will only react time and time again.

India - enough said. The red tape is endless.

One day, there may be a new world currency, but that day is still far, far and illusive as yet, for the greedy 1% themselves cannot unite even in greed. Thus, the dollar will still stand, even if it is to USA's benefit if it is lower in value, for then it would mean more exports and more jobs.

new topics

top topics

join