It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Take Down Actor With Fake Gun On Movie Set

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm really not trying to make fun of law enforcement. It's a movie set though. This is just too funny. Next, kids playing cops and robbers, cowboys and indians, lazer tag will have to beware the wheels of justice.
I figure 1 of 2 things may have happened. David Lubin is such a good actor, these guys were caught up in the moment or, they had some of that cali pharmaceutical and forgot where they were.
Yahoo
edit on 2-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

They disarmed him... hes lucky that he didn't get two magazines unloaded into him. In fact, it's neigh on a miracle he wasn't shot given today's police standards.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by GoldenRuled

They disarmed him... hes lucky that he didn't get two magazines unloaded into him. In fact, it's neigh on a miracle he wasn't shot given today's police standards.

This was my immediate reaction too.

How in the world did a guy in a ski mask with a gun, who refused to put it down, not get himself shot?

I think the officers in this case are to be commended.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

I think the officers in this case are to be commended.

Commended?

Have you ever been on a set, on location? It's rather obvious what is happening, what with the cameras, and lights, and grips and crew and equipment everywhere.

Plus, you have to have permits, and the local law enforcement departments are made aware of the shoot. And (my step father was retired from LAPD, he worked sets on location), they hire the retired LEOs for set security.

This smells like a publicity stunt......

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

Duo Creative Communications looks like some little mom and pop production company, so they might not have had all that gear like you would expect on a big professional set.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Actually, having been on and around many sets, from different companies, both big and small, you would be surprised the kind of equipment those little companies can and do work with.

Even the smallest ones I have seen had just as much equipment and just as high quality as the bigger companies.

Hell, I have been to one news station here many times doing a few things. This news station simply rebroadcasts the local news from all around Texas... Yet they have many many sets, editing suites, cameras and any other equipment you can think of.

ESPN and the local ABC affiliate even borrow their stuff on a regular basis.

So,even if they only had the most basic of equipment needed for a television production company, there would be cameras, lights, crew etc.... set up and pretty visible....

From personal experience, if the cops did not see the crew and equipment, they are blind.

Size does not always matter. I mean, take ATS for example it is a huge and popular site that does very well, for a privately owned site that is owned and run by a handful of people
edit on 3-12-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
No need to make fun of the cops, they were doing their job. The one you need to make fun of or whatever is the idiot who called 911.

Police responded to a 911 call placed by a resident who saw the man with a gun at the Alpha Market in the Cole Valley neighborhood. Lubin, who was wearing a ski mask at the time, was ordered to drop the weapon but didn't respond to the warning. Police, unaware that it was a bogus weapon, then overtook and disarmed him.

Do they not mark off movie sets? I was under the impression that movies sets were marked off to keep the average moron from just walking up on the scene. Someone messed up here. Either things should have been clearly marked, or the guy calling cops should have been paying closer attention.

Raist

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

You bring up a very valid point. Most movie sets are completely closed off for this very reason. Just stop and think, you are a director of a movie or TV show. Time is money. For every minute that you are rolling film, someone is paying for that film. Sound guys, prop crew, extras, actors, whatever...each one of them is being paid. Time is money.

So how exactly are you filming in an area that is not closed off to the general public? If any moron can just walk onto your set and screw up your shot, that is wasted money. There is something very off about this story. It simply does not make sense and does not pass the smell test.

new topics

top topics

join