It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danin: Is Saudi Arabia next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Recent demonstrations and violence in Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province that left four people dead and nine others wounded raise the question: Is Saudi Arabia the next country that will encounter the wave of popular unrest sweeping the Arab world?

Already the Arab uprisings’ effects have been felt in Saudi Arabia. In February and March, soon after Mubarak’s overthrow in Egypt, Saudi Facebook activists began calling for a revolution and declared a “Day of Rage” for March 11, emulating the youth activists in Egypt and Tunisia. However, the “Day of Rage” fizzled out, and demonstrations were held only in the Eastern Province, home to Saudi’s restive Shia minority.

Since then, things have been relatively quiet, at least until recently. One reason is that unlike Egypt, Tunisia, Syria and Libya, which are technically republics, Saudi Arabia is a monarchy run by the Al Saud family. So far, the Arab monarchies have been better suited to absorb discontent.

Danin: Is Saudi Arabia next?

Remember the letter written by a saudi prince about unrest coming to Saudi Arabia ?
My opinion is, it is bound to happen there also because of the repressive nature of the regime.

Some have been predicting it for while
SAUDI ARABIA'S REGIME WILL FALL

Amnesty International: 'New wave of repression' in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia Rejects Amnesty's Repression Claims

What do you think? Do you think they're next ?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I think we had all better really hope not. Aside from Israel, Saudi Arabia is about the most highly advanced U.S. client state or recipient of U.S. Weapons systems outside of NATO. The idea of the Saudi Arsenal falling into the hands of the Muslim Brotherhood/Jihadis is FAR more disturbing than even Egypt and it's large..but comparatively limited military.

I believe we could call the fall of Saudi Arabia at this particular moment in history a worst case scenario on meth laced steroids. lol.... It would represent a final piece..and the crown jewel really, for a new Caliphate. It's one of those things I'd really like to believe isn't happening even if everything started pointing to it. Bad just falls short of describing that for the West.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Anti-regime protest held in Saudi Arabia

Saudi Arabian demonstrators have taken to the streets in oil-rich Eastern Province to condemn the killing of five protesters two weeks ago, witnesses say.

Protesters on Monday held placards bearing the pictures of those killed by Saudi forces in the city of Qatif.

Demonstrators also took to the streets in nearby towns and villages including Awamiyah, shouting slogans against the ruling Al Saud family.

Unrest will start soon. It's just a matter of time...
edit on 5-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

I like the comment someone made in the link I provided:

Very brave indeed Dec 5, 2011 6:25 PM Not only are the Al Sauds uneducated savages, they take their orders directly from CIA and Britain. They won't think twice about shooting their own people and mass murdering them for protesting - kind of like what U.S is doing to Occupy protesters only much much worse as there is even more control over media reporting on these events so there is no concern about brutality being reported by the controled media

edit on 5-12-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

join