It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Under the Bus

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

No one is out there shooting you with a Negativity Ray Gun. You create negativity in your mind for yourself. It is only your fault for how you react to a situation, not that it is wrong. Forgiving does not mean you have to go directly to the person and tell them you forgive them. It means to forgive them in your mind so that you may come to peace.

Many of you may have heard this story before:

This farmer had only one horse, and one day the horse ran away. The neighbors came to condole over his terrible loss. The farmer said, "What makes you think it is so terrible?"

A month later, the horse came home--this time bringing with her two beautiful wild horses. The neighbors became excited at the farmer's good fortune. Such lovely strong horses! The farmer said, "What makes you think this is good fortune?"

The farmer's son was thrown from one of the wild horses and broke his leg. All the neighbors were very distressed. Such bad luck! The farmer said, "What makes you think it is bad?"

A war came, and every able-bodied man was conscripted and sent into battle. Only the farmer's son, because he had a broken leg, remained. The neighbors congratulated the farmer. "What makes you think this is good?" said the farmer.

It is really your perspective and your mind set that judges things as good and bad.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

What I said wasn't about you not defending yourself if someone perpetrated something against you which threatens your ability to survive. I think the OP even addressed that, maybe at the top of the page in an answer to someone else. I don't think anyone is saying a person should not defend themselves in order to survive. Much of life is about that, and what we are often required to do in a world that has become increasingly about unseen forces pitting us against one another for our survival. So you do what you must for your survival, and defense, and rightly so. But there are other levels to this, such as what we must do in a material world to survive, but I took the OP speaking about the emotional realm of this. When it is all said and done, and you have defended yourself and survived, there will still be an emotional factor to it all when the material situation has passed. And mostly, people who do these things don't ever say they are sorry. But you are still left in your own mind and body and life when that has all passed however it works out, and the question is at that point what to do with all the emotions concerning your reactions to having been wronged or hurt.
I am certainly not saying you should not seek recourse in order for your survival. You absolutely must. Sometimes, though, also, there isn't anything we can do. That's happened to me and I am sure many others as well. Maybe eventually forgiveness becomes even more important then. And that's not to say that one shouldn't seek stopping people who engage in purposeful behavior to hurt others, as well.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

they keep meaning to use things only for free incomes inventions, so we are doomed for whatever u may say honestly since all there is of them is iventions that they look to confirm by each others to live through

forgiving another, how i hate that sentence to type such nonsense, why dont they the least identify what they are talking about it there before defining it for granted ? what does it mean that another hurted u? how that is smthg real affecting u constantly?

the fact of being hurt of another presence, is of freedom exclusive fact when it is objective, so another might hurt u for the only fact of being another freedom, u could get hurt by seeing so knowing that ur freedom cant b objective, since else freedom look more objectively real then u to notice him more then u existing while u is always the exclusive true reference of existing one free constant fact as possible moves reasons

usually in relative humans senses, being hurt by others is when others abuse that fact, by hitting on the other freedom fact being weaker objectively

it becomes translation of evil absolute rules of all universal life, when it is clear that abuse is not the end, but the end is to force the other free right to b relative thing forever as if it doesnt exist at all as free sense too right, or when the end is to assert its inferiority forever in all existence as god usually support by forcing order that are all evil

u should the least identify what u r talking about when u mean to invent profits from, at least pretend that u justified its objective fact before meaning to invest that knowledge in creating a living useful sense for all creations, which is crap

now logically, when u know that, u would step away from those others that mean to abuse urself existence or kill it, while what would still hurt is of the objective knowledge that it happened to u, while it is not fully objective on all others, so the sense of unjustice which is absurd since any honest conscious first know that truth so objective is always alright, so how such unjustice happen to u while only u would admit it, when all others jumped already on profits from that objective happened on u to mean how u r certainly wrong and deserve it at some points getting their pride objective of it too

so logically when u know what hurt u u step away from, and not keep focusing on to get a life through

forgiving others is principally emphasizing on justifying evil life through giving positive existence to negative freedom as if they are equal to positive free ones

now if others hurted what u loved the most, the reaction would b differnt i guess where hate focus could be possible then

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by supine

Dear supine,

I understand this in the rant section so this is not a criticism, merely a response. Having almost died a few times, I know how I want to go out and it is not with baggage. Whoever hurt me is forgiven because I wish to go out without harboring hate or anger. They are forgiven, not because what they did was right; but, because I choose to be free of hate. Stumble, sure I get angry; but, actually promote anger or hate, nope, I don't have the time nor inclination to do so. Peace.

By not forgiving someone I do not automatically hate them or even harbor negative feelings or ill will toward them! Some things are simply unforgivable, period! That's reality plain and simple! But just because there are people who I have not forgiven I don't feel they have necessarily left me with baggage as it were! My ability to recognise their unforgivable wrong doing to me (and subsequent cutting them out of my life) doesn't leave me bitter or scorned, I feel it makes me a stronger and hence forth more aware person! I have even thanked a few people who have hurt me because it helped me grow!

Sure there are some people who have done unforgivable things to me and/or people that I love that I have simply never forgiven. BUT there are far more that I have forgiven. The trick is being able to let go and move forward, forgiveness is not and should not be a "given"!!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IrishCream
forgiveness is not and should not be a "given"!!

exactly, for give ness, so to oness purpose, stay u while seeing all out of it one, stay true one by giving to objective truth of what u r

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I hope the meter reader I watched in the neighbors yard forgives me for laughing when I saw him through my window stepping deeply into dog poo. I mean it was stuck all over his shoe, I could clearly see it, even from my distant vantage point.

I also hope everyone I told about this forgives me for not having it on camera.

There, I feel a little better...but not as good as when I was laughing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

Having said what I have tried to do, I agree with you that some things are unforgivable. Still, in order to deal with my own pain, (for me, at least), it had nothing to do with making sense of something so egregious. But I had to forgive to let go of the hatred that threatened to overwhelm me if I didn't. Totally personal, but just wanted to add that as I do definitely agree that there are some things which are unforgivable even as I say the above.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
reply to post by IrishCream

Having said what I have tried to do, I agree with you that some things are unforgivable. Still, in order to deal with my own pain, (for me, at least), it had nothing to do with making sense of something so egregious. But I had to forgive to let go of the hatred that threatened to overwhelm me if I didn't. Totally personal, but just wanted to add that as I do definitely agree that there are some things which are unforgivable even as I say the above.

Point taken and appreciated!!

I am, believe it or not, a very peaceful person, laid back and easy going for the most part myself! I used to allow people to use and abuse me to, sometimes, unspeakable extents! That is the reason I have learned (on a personal level) that some things are just unforgivable! In order for me to move through and beyond some of those things and to be a better person and better example to my children, I have adopted the "some things are simply unforgiveable" mindset! I share this with my children and gently nudge them towards severing ties with people who hurt them, either intentionally or repetatively! Life is much simpler when you are able to just cut out the cancer, IMHO!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

what u mean there is giving to urself positive living existing sense, if others hate u from urself perspective u will accept to see urself as inferior being forever, then if ur true self is based on positive wills all u have to do is b nice to them and found a way that they will stop hating u where u could restart ur life plan in positive terms

sorry but in scripture, this is like whores forms

im not meaning u since to me scripture is the whore but im proving the point even of ennemies that spoke up

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Don't really understand, no, what you are saying, sorry.....for people to hate and then to hurt is not always a reflection upon you, but often, I think, more of a reflection of themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

so.. so u r not forgiving them really then, the point of discussion is forgiveness and not ur pretense to love who hate themselves as if u r a superior one existent right conscious able to put others on good track

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I guess that's what I said. I don't really forgive them. I'm just superior. Whatever. Sorry. Got no idea where your logic is there.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by tetra50

so.. so u r not forgiving them really then, the point of discussion is forgiveness and not ur pretense to love who hate themselves as if u r a superior one existent right conscious able to put others on good track

I think it is important to show love to people who hate themselves. Not to be "better" than them, but to show them that hate (the expected response) is not going to be the long-term solution to the problem. It's always possible that the transgressor will see the forgiveness as a good thing and try to emulate it, but that's not the whole process. By forgiving others, it gives us a measure of closure to the situation and allows us to move forward in our own way.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

so here what u mean, is prove ur superiority to objective others so u can get it all to urself as u wish, it is not about meaning others in anyway, so u get more insolent by leaving the hypocrite pretense of goodness behind

watever

u r all wrong, bc hate is more true then love, so superior always
love is about suiting urself with else fact
for truth there is no else so it is free to hate as superior absolutely

and anyway, negative subject is object free more then any other way like, when freedom is right then on the contrary one must accentuate else hate so it could goes on its right positive track free much faster and better to become objectively right real

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I'm not sure why you're so defensive about the subject.

Have you ever heard the term "lead by example"?

This means you show people how you would want them to act toward you.

If you want to be forgiven, forgive others. Very simple. Nothing to do with superiority.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
I'm not sure why you're so defensive about the subject.

Have you ever heard the term "lead by example"?

This means you show people how you would want them to act toward you.

If you want to be forgiven, forgive others. Very simple. Nothing to do with superiority.

it is u obviously that is defensive since u cant get out of ur wills

lead others toward u? what is that logic, and others lead u towards them? how would u get to any point real

unsanity out of bringing all to urself is ur pic one eye scotched on ur front head for one life

mister you are free but then u are alone so assume it u cannot mean anything when obviously u r such far away to admit even any existing

and if forgiving is about giving to urself then there is no giving to others, which was the point i much more clearly explained and said

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
You're funny, you always get caught up on my avatar. I'm sorry it bothers you so much, but I do like it.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't hurt to show others that there are multiple solutions to every problem. One can love, one can hate, one can be indifferent.

You are the one who makes the decision for yourself.

You decide whether or not you want to forgive. Everyone has different reasons to forgive or not to forgive. It is a personal decision.

Take care, friend.
edit on 12/4/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I wasn't going to go there. Thought about it, and just wasn't. But then, I thought, why not? When I rode on the plane they told me, fix your oxygen mask before you try to help anyone, because if you dont survive you can't help anyone, right?

But what you are proposing, with your objective/subjective talk, Is something like you think you are better than me, by the very virtue and considering it a virtue to forgive me..... For if you are trying to save what shouldnt be saved, aren't you just as guilty as the rest if us who would hurt what tried to save, and therefore, it's your fault...
I freely admit, meltdown, apply enough logic and thinking to it and we can spin a circle to make wrong right and back again,... I barely understand what you say. This I do know experientially, however......I have experienced good and evil up close and personal, and know the difference, and have acted upon them in my life, and it doesn't make me superior or inferior.....it makes me just what I am, which may be quite different than what is for you or others to define me as for a perception oriented truth, to be spun as a way of popular concept because it objectively and causally saves more than hurts....
But a lie is a lie, forgiveness or not. And it will not save anyone or anythng, but suck your soul from you and send it somewhere you can't find it. Subjective or otherwise, our lives and actions are defined by a truth beyond perception of technology and quantum parallels.....and I would rather die and be imprisoned, no matter how awful, for the right side of that than the left

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What makes you think that there is not giving this thing for mysef and helping you, as well. It is not one or the other. And if you truly wish to debate that, you will stop being purposefully obfuscating in your use of language.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
IF, I forgive it is not out of my superiority, but rather out of my need, genuine need, to see both victim and perpetrator move beyond the pain. How on earth can that possibly be a pretense of superiority and making a perpetrator inferior? If that is your intent by your words, then the obvious is that you defend and blame violence and pain on the will of the victim, in order to be forgiven, by one higher, which says, ultimately, you beieve and put faith in one higher even seeing or caring.
It is not a competition, whatever you may think...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join