It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lie That America Has Become {WTB}

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Interesting that the government would think they're losing the media war, because it is obvious that is where they are placing most of their efforts lately. If it were up to our government, all media would be heavily censored, and only their skewed version of history and truth would be allowed to be read or seen.

I imagine that day is coming soon. This is why I buy actual books as opposed to e-books, and print things out that I find on the net, because as you know, something that is on the net one day could be gone the next without a trace. E-books can be altered.

Maybe it won't matter anyway, because once enough people wake up to what is being done to them, they will turn on the various forms of media the way a teenager turns on an authority figure when they find out they were being lied to. Nothing will snap people from their brainwashing faster than the realization that they were being distracted with shiny toys and trinkets while their dreams and life were being smashed to bits.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
reply to post by havok

I suspect TPTB don't want the newer generations to know what their rights are, what is in the Constitution, and how our government is SUPPOSED to work. If it wasn't for me teaching my kids on my own, they wouldn't know anything about it. This is a crying shame, and part of the reason why we are turning into a third world banana republic.

This should be your next thread.
I'd put it in the Research Forum.

Think about the changes that would take place if education was altered.
The department of education dictates the curriculum right?

That would be the theory.
How education changed in the decades.
What type of classes have been removed and why.
What is being taught that wasn't taught before...

Maybe it's already here...I haven't fully searched ATS yet.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

That's a good idea. One thing I know for sure is, in the old days, we were taught to think more. The current educational system in America focuses on getting kids to regurgitate answers to pass state tests so the schools can continue to get funding.

Even so, the funding is way below what it should be. Most teachers these days have to buy their own classroom supplies, and the kid's families have to buy things we used to get for free: Pencils, crayons, construction paper, glue, etc.

I don't think they even teach much in the way of geography anymore. Neither of my kids knew how to use a globe when I bought one. I remember seeing a show where there was a chalk drawing on a sidewalk of all the states in the union, and a commentator stopped random people to see how many states they could name. It was shocking...some high school kids couldn't even find the state they lived in. When I was 8 years old, I could find every state in the union and name them by shape, thanks to a Milton Bradley wooden puzzle I got where you had to put all the states where they belong. I still love maps to this day.

My mother-in-law was a teacher from 1961 until 1990. I'll have to sit with her and ask her opinion of what has changed.

Thanks for the idea!!

<< 1   >>

join