It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Conspiracy Revealed!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Hi Charles. Thank you so much for your very kind words! Those are much appreciated, as I'm sure you know, there are many unkind words said when one expresses their faith on here. I try to remind myself that Jesus said this would happen, and that if people mocked Him, they would mock us also. I guess I didn't realize until I found ats, that there were so many people out there that don't believe at all, and that are very opposed to christianity or Christ followers, whichever way you want to put it. I think it is very nice when us brothers and sisters in Christ can lift each other up along the way. You are so right about the good public figure Christ followers out there. Billy Graham as you said is a great example! I think of him in particular as he has made such a difference in so many peoples lives, and I heard on the news this week that he had a stroke. Also you mentioned Mother Theresa. She was a wonderful example of a great christian, and she sacrificed so much for so many people. Anyway, Blessings to you, and I will look forward to running into you again.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

haha good post. its actually how i started on this site too.. the religious debates. but when first started im pretty sure the evolutionists didnt like the smartassing i was doing, so it was counter productive towards bringing people to God. but sometimes it seems hopeless like they are going to believe what they do regardless of anything said.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RebelRouser

haha good post. its actually how i started on this site too.. the religious debates. but when first started im pretty sure the evolutionists didnt like the smartassing i was doing, so it was counter productive towards bringing people to God. but sometimes it seems hopeless like they are going to believe what they do regardless of anything said.

Yeah...well, I find a little sense of humor makes life easier.
I don't think the turtle is coming out of it's shell anytime soon, but ya never know!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've gotta say, you pretty much asked for these asinine comments.

I wanted to let my Pagan brothers and sisters know that they are also doing a fine job of helping me to take over this forum, because Christianity is not the only religion.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

I wanted to let my Pagan brothers and sisters know that they are also doing a fine job of helping me to take over this forum, because Christianity is not the only religion.

What?? Taking over?!
Run....run! Everybody run!! Okay, on the serious side. What do pagans believe?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Pagan is an umbrella term for tons of different religions. In fact, it's an umbrella term for any religion that is non-Abrahamic, ie anything not Jewish, Christian or Muslim. Hindus are Pagan. So are Wiccans. I couldn't begin to answer what we all believe in.
Here is something I was asked once, and my answer:

Anonymous asked: Teach me to be pagan.

1. Be none of the Abrahamic religions

2. Have a deep reverence for the Earth

You are now a Pagan. No deities required.

And that is the basic truth of it. Every Pagan, even those in covens, have very different beliefs from every other Pagan. You'll never get the same answer from any two Pagans about their religion. It's deeply personal, and different for each of us.

As for what I believe in, I follow 4 deities currently. Hecate, Hermes, Lilith and Eris. They each currently govern aspects that are important in my life right now. Hecate is helping me to transition into a "Queen of the witches", in that I am getting into a more public position with running my Pagan News blog and writing my novel. Hermes helps me with my quest to better communicate my thoughts and beliefs. Lilith is the perpetual feminist, and was my first patron Goddess. She will forever be near and dear to my heart. She has nurtured me into a very strong woman. And Eris, well, life would not be the same without chaos. I need her to shake me sometimes, and remind me that life is not nearly as seriously as I can tend to take it.

I am an eclectic Pagan. I allow myself the space to change, in all ways. I believe in defining your own reality, which is typical of chaos magic.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Interesting! I always wondered about that. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

sounds greek to me. do you worship nature? and also. has black magic ever worked for you? if so, give me the deets on some potions and spells. id appreciate it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RebelRouser

Lilith isn't a Greek deity, though I do take most of my deities from the Greco-Roman pantheon currently.

As for black magic, I usually deal with manipulation magic, which is less about potions and more about imposing your will on other people. You can charge sigils, or simply charge the words you will say to the person. Hexes, spells and potions work differently for different people and require experimentation. It's not something that can honestly be taught. If you want to try it, I suggest looking into sigils first. They can be quite powerful.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Yeah youre right they do flock to anything that even remotely mentions Jesus. A muslim can make a post about muhammad and they won't hardly bat an eyelid, but if you mention Jesus they practically explode.

Indeed Lucifer has been busy building his army, and his army rejects that he even exists. That's how slick the bastard is. He's got them believing theyre doing what they want when theyre actually doing what he wants.

Then theres the ones who say bah God doesnt exist and if he did he's an alien in a space ship, or Jesus is an alien human hybrid that ascended to his space ship in a tractor beam.

In the end were all going to die and not a one of us is going to make it off this prison planet alive. Everyone ends up wormfood, but what if there is something after this? Atheists absolutely refuse to think about the possibility they could be wrong and so the have no hope. They are walking corpses whose bodies haven't yet caught up to the fact that theyre already dead.

Matthew 8:18-22 :
And when Jesus saw great multitudes about Him, He gave a command to depart to the other side. Then a certain scribe came and said to Him, "Teacher, I will follow You wherever You go." And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay His head." Then another of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." But Jesus said to him, "Follow Me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

"Let the dead bury their own dead"

Who are the dead? Those who have no faith, no spirituality. Zombies do exist, we call them atheists and agnostics. Walking corpses.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic

As one Pagan to another, I don't think it is our way to "take over" anything. We are just to educate, for it is our job to do so. Christianity/Islam are not the only religions, they are just the only two that follow and believe in a book.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I was joking, love.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yes, I know you were. I just wish these Christians would stop accusing us of worshipping a Devil, it gets tired. They will not research their own religion, for if they did, they would leave it as I did.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Eh. Christianity has a lot of beauty in it. The people ruin it because they want to think it's all fact and they demand everything in the Bible be followed completely by everyone except themselves.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'd be curios to know just how many people who have visited ATS over the years have turned to Christianity from reading religious threads vs. how many people have turned agnostic or atheist ?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
well really its because we've all just hit a stonewall. were never gonna see it each others way, so neither of us really have any ammunition left. You guys dont want to hear "hey God loves ya, even though you might not see what we see". and i dont want to believe in magic cause i know for a fact that none exists. your mind is very powerful. its even powerful enough to trick itself.. the mind can also be weak, thats why there's people who full on believe in hypnotism, and they are the only ones that can be hypnotized because they allow it to. just to set the record though im a christian and i live with one of my best friends who's a lesbian. im not saying im agree with her lifestyle choice. but i still love her to death and im not gonna stop being her friend over that. so in my opinion theres a lot of christians who give us a bad name. one of my friends moms is one of em. bible beaters that jam the # down ur throat is not what a christian is supposed to be doing. plus a lot of people are misinformed about the bible.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So very interesting views its good to hear from others who believe in Christianity no matter what others say i have been around the block a few times and the only comfort i have ever found is my belief in god, i have done the physic magic light work thing for a while i was a high priest in a coven but for some reason it just never felt right until i found god i cant explain it sometime what we believe there is no explanation it just happens above words, it just seemed the right thing to do at least for me and i do not really care what others think about it, as far of what others believe its not up to me to say anything on what they believe you are who you are and you have your own choice whit that if yo chose to worship the earth or some of deity thats up to you, i guess in our end we will know.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

They will not research their own religion, for if they did, they would leave it as I did.

can u back this with anything? explain to me why it doesn't make sense, id love to hear it. btw. you do realize u believe in magic right? ill show u chris agel doing magic, but ill let u in on a hugeee secret.. (its fake).

lonewolf19792000

They are walking corpses whose bodies haven't yet caught up to the fact that theyre already dead.

good statement^

and

Originally posted by gabrielnexus
So very interesting views its good to hear from others who believe in Christianity no matter what others say i have been around the block a few times and the only comfort i have ever found is my belief in god, i have done the physic magic light work thing for a while i was a high priest in a coven but for some reason it just never felt right until i found god i cant explain it sometime what we believe there is no explanation it just happens above words, it just seemed the right thing to do at least for me and i do not really care what others think about it, as far of what others believe its not up to me to say anything on what they believe you are who you are and you have your own choice whit that if yo chose to worship the earth or some of deity thats up to you, i guess in our end we will know.

good post

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I have never experienced your God.
You have never experienced my magic.
I would say that your insistence that because you have never experience my magic that it does not exist, shows that you should be just dandy with me insisting that your God does not exist.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

can u back this with anything? explain to me why it doesn't make sense, id love to hear it. btw. you do realize u believe in magic right? ill show u chris agel doing magic, but ill let u in on a hugeee secret.. (its fake).

Come on, you are nit picking. How do you know anything about what I believe n, if anything? I do not have to back my words up, just do as I did and research it all out. I left because I had questions the preacher and deacon could not answer, as could no preacher. They warned me to to study the Occult, which was like sticking a big flashing neon sign on it. I researched ALL of the religions, going back to before Christianity quite a ways. There is not one religion on Earth that could be called an authority on the truth, and any religion that says it hold the only truth has a massive ego problem. When I saw the cruelty and jealously of the Biblical Gods, (yes, there are many in there, plus two Goddesses) I made up my mind I would never serve such a being. By the way, most of the Gods in the Bible wish to be called "Lord," a noun meaning one who holds slaves.

Real Magick is noting like the stage Magic performed by Chris Angel and David Copperfield. Magick is what holds this universe together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join