It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senate Declares Entire USA a 'Battlefield!'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

If Habeus Corpus was just undermined, what makes you think that the first amendment has any validity anymore?
Now is not the time for hopeless optimism my friend, it is time for action!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

That only pertains to traitors. Benedict Arnold types. There are so many loopholes in the current
law that are exploited by Lawyers who have no cause to country. They are all about winning the case,
the money,future clients,and publicity. So just relax.

Seriously, have faith in the music and spirits, and your fellow men and women.

Unless.... I have mistakenly walked the road with you too far already.

By the way, if this is "The time to Act," The World is always ready for new Talent.

On Broadway, NYC, U.S.A.
edit on 3-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: punctuation

edit on 3-12-2011 by Wildmanimal because: ditto

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

From the Declaration of Independence. Not only do you have the right to overthrow your government, it is a responsibility placed on us by our founding fathers. If our government betrays us, acts other then in accordance to our wishes or we feel changes need to be made it is our obligation to do so.

Selected quotes by Jefferson about 'rebellion':

•"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them." --Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

•"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere." --Thomas Jefferson to Abigail Adams, 1787.

•"Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends [i.e., securing inherent and inalienable rights, with powers derived from the consent of the governed], it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." --Thomas Jefferson: Declaration of Independence, 1776. ME 1:29, Papers 1:315

•"We think experience has proved it safer for the mass of individuals composing the society to reserve to themselves personally the exercise of all rightful powers to which they are competent and to delegate those to which they are not competent to deputies named and removable for unfaithful conduct by themselves immediately." --Thomas Jefferson to Pierre Samuel Dupont de Nemours, 1816. ME 14:487

Thomas Jefferson , being a Wise Man , foresaw the possibility that the Federal Goverment could one day become Tyrantical against the People of the United States . The Constitution is Our only LEGAL Law of this Land , and those who try to destroy it are Traitors . If it eventually becomes necessary to Bear Arms to Preserve it , then God Help those who Stand against WE the PEOPLE ................. :mad
edit on 3-12-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by blueberrywaffles

The National Defense Act is an annual occurrence, it gets voted on EVERY year as it pertains to the following years budget and expenses.

Senator Udall introduced this detainment bill that everyone is carrying on about but the Senate voted it down.

I don't see why this is so hard for many to understand, you got blinders on.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Maybe one day we will have a president who will declare the 93 people who voted for this bill to detain anyone without a trial are a threat to this country. Therefore an order could be given to round them all up and detain them. Based on recent legislation they passed, if I were Presdent, I would put off doing anything about their detention until the next president. However I would make it clear such people are a dire threat to this country and should be detained according to their own wishes which they decided should be indefinitely. Everyone else would get a trial within a reasonable time according to the constitution.

Actually as president, I could simply have an executive order declare that anyone voting for a bill that passed that opposes the constitution is a terrorist, then all terrorists could be rounded up and never heard from again. As much as I like the idea of throwing a lot of congress in jail indefinitely never to be heard from again, I think that is wrong. They are making it almost too easy from changing the US from a country with elected officials to one where a dictator could rule. The President doesn't even need this help to take over. He could just declare martial law and take away power from congress and have them detained. I guess if the senators do not like being detained, they could be labeled as threats and locked away without a trial. I think we have idiots in congress. I can hope that I haven't heard the full story and this is nothing to worry about.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It seems like everything is going to hit the fan pretty soon. All signs are pointing to it anyway.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join