It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voynich Manuscript cracked, says FOX News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Voynich Cracked

According to FOX News, the Voynich Manuscript was cracked by a businessman from Finland named Viekko Latvala, a self described "prophet of god," who says he has decoded the book and unlocked the secrets of the world's most mysterious manuscript.

Written in "alien" characters, illustrated with sketches, and dating back hundreds of years, the Voynich Manuscript has puzzled cryptographers, historians and bibliophiles for centuries. Read more: www.foxnews.com...?test=latestnews#ixzz1fRAo71Ta

There has been a lot of coverage on ATS about this ancient manuscript, perhaps this is the answer. Read the article.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
if this is true then its a great accomplishment

especially since i found markings in the Last Supper painting by Leonardo Da Vinci that look like the markings found in the manuscript

that way it would be easier to unlock those as well!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
of course mainstream scientists won't confirm his work, because he made them look stupid and small.

all their education and self importance was tossed out the window by a fin with no scientific background.

on top of that God helped him.

i like it when God humbles arrogant scientists.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

arrogant scientists don't need god to humble them...the truth does that just fine

and im my experience herbal wisdom comes in exactly as stated in the link thats how the first nations learned it..

so i say the op may have hit this one...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
What is truly amazing here, if true, is that the author had to invent his own language in order to document this manuscript about the beneficial uses of certain plants that he had kept records on:

"The sound syllables are a mixture of Spanish and Italian, also mixed with the language this man used to speak himself. His own language was a rare Babylonian dialect that was spoken in a small area in Asia." The author of the Voynich Manuscript did not know how to write in any extant language, Ketola said, so he had to create his own alphabet and vocabulary. "This man could not write any language so he had to invent a writing he can read / pronounce himself," Read more: www.foxnews.com...?test=latestnews#ixzz1fREVbIyK

If this holds water, there is alot of info coming down the pike that will be great for the "Natural Medicines" movements.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
He makes up a language and then says he cracked the code.

Oh please

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

By Author, I meant the author of the manuscript, not the author that cracked it.. Perhaps a misleading statement, sorry.

link   
how do we know this guy isint a crackpot, i can look at the document and make a translation. Its dosent take a prophet of god to solve something like this but an expert in world languages and translating maybe.

link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh please, Surely you read the article before you made this comment.....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

Must be a pretty free translation ... the excerpt published by Fox News includes the word "antibiotic." I don't think they knew about antibiotics in the 15th century. Or the microorganisms killed by antibiotics, for that matter. How would someone in the 15th century know their medicine was antibiotic and not, say, humoral, or blessed by God?

(I know, I know. Aliens.)
edit on 2-12-2011 by FurvusRexCaeli because: i are good at reading

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

posted and holes poked into it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/2/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: ANYHTING GIVEN BY FOX "NEWS" SHOULD BE TAKEN WITH A GRAIN OF SALT (SHEET OF TOILET PAPER) and

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Damn, I did use the search, and found only stuff from last month. Yes, should have read ALL of the posts....
Any way this can be appended to the earlier post and killed? Dups are not good.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Yea, I had trouble with "antibiotic" also,
Wonder if it was a literal translation to modern terms from another 'word' that implied healing but had no connections to understanding the nature of bacteria...

link   
Great Find !
I hope it does come to fruition, but it's gonna freak some people out,
this translating through a channeler. I know it's freaking me out.
And that fox broke a story. That is also freaking me out.

link   
reply to post by charlyv

Long story short...

what he/she said was wrong...
they were admittedly drunk.

No proof. That's the point .

What he/she said was completely wrong.

btw:
To prove it...
go below my avbatar.

Click on "profile"
Then click posts...
you will see it was a drunken mistake by him/her, or a lie.
edit on 12/2/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
of course mainstream scientists won't confirm his work, because he made them look stupid and small.

all their education and self importance was tossed out the window by a fin with no scientific background.

on top of that God helped him.

i like it when God humbles arrogant scientists.

They more then likely won't confirm it because they know since they have some sort of education that self-proclaimed prophets and more then likely making it up.

It's funny how people of your caliber bash science on an INTERNET forum using a COMPUTER.
you're just as arrogant as these scientists you speak of.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

There will be fallout from this for sure, will stay tuned but initially, it looks dubious at best.
This story will be continuing, and I want to see what the cryptographers have to say officially.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Yea, I had trouble with "antibiotic" also,
Wonder if it was a literal translation to modern terms from another 'word' that implied healing but had no connections to understanding the nature of bacteria...

That would be a painfully free rendering, especially when we have a much better word to translate the idea of 'healing' -- healing. Or medicinal, or salutary. Antibiotic is such a specific word, I can only think the word was chosen intentionally, by someone who didn't understand the history of science or didn't care.

anti- bioticus
against life
Doesn't make any sense as a medicine in a pre-germ theory culture. Maybe a poison?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

'Prophet of God' Claims To Have Cracked the Code of The Voynich Manuscript

new topics

top topics

join