It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienvideos
reply to post by Alexander_Supertramp

We are limited to our understanding of Awareness and we can only view this reality from a very limited perspective. Because we can't "talk" to the Earth does no mean it is not Alive. The Earth gives life to all organisms. Could a mother give birth to a child if it was not a conscious living being?

If you read any of my posts you would know that "talking" was not a condition I ever even mentioned as a tell-tale sign of awareness. I did say that action is pretty much the only thing we've got to go on, though, and that could include talking (but certainly not limited to it). I agree our understanding of awareness is limited, as is our understanding of everything, but you can't use that as an excuse. If anything, the fact that our understanding of awareness is limited gives us good reason to not believe Earth is aware. That is, if our understanding is so limited, how could we possibly know whether Earth was aware or not?

On your second point, that's a beautiful metaphor, but it's not grounded in any form of reality. The Earth didn't give birth to me, my parents did. Theirs before them, etc. And life is a term to describe a state of being, it is not some invisible "force" that is thrust upon objects by 'Mother Nature' or Earth. It's not like Earth could 'give life' to a rock.In fact, in no way has the Earth given birth to any form of life on it. Life resides here as does non-life, did Earth give birth to non-life too?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
yes it did.

everything is consciousness.

even rocks, water, trees etc.

scientists are making discoveries even now that are confirming this.

the australian aborigines have known it for a long time. which is why they treat nature and the earth with the greatest of RESPECT.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Actually, the first Pagan Creation story is the Akkadian Enuma Elish. The Enuma Elish is basically the same creation story as told in Genesis. en.wikipedia.org...ûma_Eliš

Did I say evolution was the FIRST pagan creation belief? No I didn't.

Most Pagan Creation stories have a 'father' and 'mother' dropped to earth by one or multiple gods to procreate on the earth. Most of the stories involve siblings who have rivalry and most of them also have a world deluge as part of the story.

Yeah its called GAIA worship.

I haven't seen yet a Pagan Creation story that encompasses an evolutionary process.

See above.

am, however, very confused as to why 'Christians' cannot reconcile evolution with creationism. After all, God IS the greatest scientist, having created everything from atoms, to chemicals, to molecules to planetary systems that all work and interrelate together scientifically and symbiotically.

I would disagree, GOD is not a scientist, the devil is. God doesn't need to be a scientist because by his word he can create things, he is far more intelligent then any human could ever comprehend. The reason I don't believe in evolution is simple, because there are several scriptures that say that's not what process God used. Some Christians in fact do believe in evolution though, and they are deceived. Evolution also tend's to lead to atheism.

My thought is that early man (whom the Bible was originally written for) could not grasp complex scientific principles and so a story was developed that allowed these early people to grasp the idea and easily re-tell the story. With the understanding that man would increase in intellect and scientific understanding with time and finally be able to grasp the REALY miraculous way the earth formed and evolved. The God I envision is fully capable of such complex a

Well you would be wrong in making assumptions about early humans intelligence. They were in fact far more intelligent than humans are today. The simple reason for this is because there DNA was more pure to the first ever human's Adam and eve. As time go's on the gene pool get's smaller and mutations occur. The further back in the generations you go the more pure there DNA is.

Evolution as an element of religious belief is MUCH more impressive and mind boggling than two humans being dropped fully formed onto the earth and encouraged to rut like dogs.

Well atleast you admit it is a religious belief, but you would be wrong in your account of creation. I suggest you read Genesis to see what really happened as its not what you say. Yes humans were made fully formed, just like every other animal in the beginning, but we weren't left like dogs until eve decided to sin and adam got the blame. From that point on the world became a fallen state. Where do you think thorns come from? They were not even around before the fall, the bible says.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Awesome thread.

There was a wise man that I once spoke to. He offered a theory, or a suspicion, that the planets are more than meets the eye. That each volcano is a portal, an access point. That on another level of frequency, the Sun oscillates with more than just a vast array of woven plasmas, hydrogen and helium, that if we could see this frequency we could possibly see life on the Sun, or perhaps, one strong entity. With that he explained that he was always interested in other dimensions, not just of the physical, but of the mental too. If we could fixate on this frequency, the planet's would come to life, but alas, we cannot, and remain our guardians.

Perhaps alignments mean much more he would often say. If you were to use a tool like Solar System Scope we see that alignments mean much more than they simply sound. If you take Pluto with your mouse, (on the above site), and you spin it once around the solar system, you'd end up more than 200 years into the past or future depending on whether you spin it along it's path CW or CCW. The further inward you go, the time is different for each celestial body, which goes to show simply, that certain alignments are in the making several of years. Are these alignments meaningless? We don't know.

Repeatedly throughout history, many ancient cultures would make continuous references to the heavenly bodies, as a comparison for strong humans that they sought similar to each heavenly giant. We hear the word, the "son" a lot. Many cultures would give the planets almost a lively title or personality.

In Greek/Roman, the names would translate as so, a difference from our current portrayal:

The Sun - Helios

Helios was the personification of the Sun in Greek mythology. Imagined as a handsome god crowned with the shining aureole of the Sun, who drove the chariot of the sun across the sky each day to earth-circling Oceanus and through the world-ocean returned to the East at night.

Saturn - Cronus

Saturn represents the father of Zeus, Cronus. 8 moons surrounding Saturn are named after various Titans, Gods, Goddesses, and other important figures in Greek mythology. They are: Atlas, Calypso, Dione, Enceladus, Epimetheus, Helene, Hyperion, Iapetus, Janus, Mimas, Pan, Pandora, Phoebe, Prometheus, Rhea, Telesto, Tethys, and Titan.

Said to the God of Agriculture, the title would fit seeing the ring of rocks surrounding it's gaseous sphere. A crucial piece to the workshop of our solar system, so to speak.

Uranus - Ouranos

Uranus was the primal Greek god personifying the sky. His equivalent in Roman mythology was Caelus. In Ancient Greek literature, according to Hesiod in his Theogony, Uranus or Father Sky was the son and husband of Gaia, Mother Earth. Uranus and Gaia were ancestors of most of the Greek gods

Said to be Father Sky, the colours paint a beautiful pale blue sky at a glance.

Neptune - Poseidon

Neptune the god of the sea, and, as "Earth-Shaker", of the earthquakes in Greek mythology. The name of the sea-god Nethuns in Etruscan was adopted in Latin for Neptune in Roman mythology

Being as blue as the sea, the title sure fits.

Jupiter - Zeus

Jupiter represents the ruler of the gods, Zeus. The planet is the largest and most magnificent which is representative of the great Zeus. Jupiter has 16 moons. The 4 largest are named after some of Zeus' affairs, Io, Europa, Ganymede, and Callisto. The other 12 moons represent more of Zeus' lovers.

Mercury - Hermes

Mercury is the great messenger of the gods in Greek mythology and a guide to the Underworld. He is also the patron of boundaries and of the travelers who cross them, of shepherds and cowherds, of the cunning of thieves

The title fits, as we see Mercury, as quick-paced as Hermes is, like a thief in the night, making his swift course around the Sun.

Venus - Aphrodite

Aphrodite is the Greek goddess of love, beauty, pleasure, and procreation. Venus is known as the most beautiful planet in the solar system, thus it's named after the goddess of beauty. Daughter of Zeus, at a glance of colour, Venus appears as a smaller Jupiter.

Mars - Ares

Mars is the Greek god of war. He is one of the Twelve Olympians, and the son of Zeus and Hera. In Greek literature, he often represents the physical or violent aspect of war.

Being the god of war, the array of violent destruction shown by it's vast craters and 'chaos' regions certainly fits such a title.

Pluto - Hades

Hades was a name for the ruler of the underworld; the god was also known as Hades, a name for the underworld itself.

Being the furthest in cold darkenss, the title fits.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Very interesting thread.

This will make you angry but since I won't be posting again, I don't really care.Here goes :

It's = It IS , Its = something that BELONGS to 'it' (It's cold outside , Its outer layer)

There = not here, the place (There are 2 lions in the cage ) , Their = possessive form (their books etc) , They're = They are

Your = Something that belongs to you , You're = You ARE

AND please people....learn to use the apostrophe.....*sigh*....RocketS, RhinoS, ChairS etc
Tom'S arm, Cat'S eye, Earth'S orbit etc...

Peace and Love.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is excatly the kind of stuff I believe in, but I never thought in such ways as the OP did and now my eyes are opened to other possibilities.My first impression after skimming through what the OP read was that maybe God is the the world. God says he's always with us in the bible, and the only way that is possible is if he is everywhere around us and the only time he can be with everybody at the same time is if he is actually the earth itself. The Universe is what? 13 billion years old? I'm rubbish on the age but really, we really have no idea what's out there, our knowledge today is only 1% of what's actually out there. Who knows what deminsion God lives in. But yeah, God being the earth? I don't know, it was just something that shot at me after reading the OP thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

link   

link   

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Saw this pic in another thread thought I would post it here as an additional visual example of form/function parallel.

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

So you do believe in DNA. Then you believe in Genetics and evolutionary processes.
To claim you believe in DNA but not evolutionary processes is like claiming you believe in breathing- but don't believe in Oxygen.
And if you believe God made DNA then you admit that God understands molecular biochemistry and biophysics. And if so - then God is the greatest Scientist. And Philosopher and Sociologist and etc etc etc.

Also - Gaia worship is the worship of the Earth as a symbiotic system. Gaia worship has nothing to do with Creation stories. I was pointing out that Genesis is the Enuma Elish translated by the Hebrew scholars from the old Babylonian. Just because the Babylonians wrote the story first, doesn't make it 'bad'.

And why would you equate Science with the Devil? Do you really think that God would frown on mans attempts to understand His creation? Would you want your children to grow in understanding of the world or remain in darkness and ignorance?
I say people who are anti-science and anti-education are doing the Devils work because the Devil is ALL about darkness and ignorance.

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Here's what I say:

MAN UP ALREADY
edit on 21-1-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

Of course God made DNA, but he did not need to use evolutionary processes to create it. The language code in DNA proves evolution is a myth, it had to have a higher intelligence you can see the design.

And why would you equate Science with the Devil?

I don't... I equate pseudoscience (evolution) with deception.

Would you want your children to grow in understanding of the world or remain in darkness and ignorance?

No that's why I would let them read the bible and not expose them to the deception on evolution.

People who claim to believe in evolution are anti-science or just plain deceived.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
has anybody seen this? It really helps to back up the poster's view on a more molecular level. Interesting article nontheless and helps add some more scientific insight into what the poster is trying to get at :-D. By the way, I do agree that the earth is 'alive' in some way we humans don't understand.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Cool thread tagging for quick access.

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

From her own scorched crust, Earth can create life.

That is enough evidence for me to be convinced that Earth is a living being.

I just wish that human beings took better care of her.

Fantastic thread and a S&F for you

edit on 13-11-2013 by Quyll because: addition

posted on Nov, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Quyll

From her own scorched crust, Earth can create life.

That is enough evidence for me to be convinced that Earth is a living being.

The thing is, there is no evidence that life was created on Earth. If Panspermia is correct, than the Earth created nothing, and life on this planet originated from somewhere else. This is only my view, but the Earth is just a rock, it has no feelings, no awareness, none of that. If I'm wrong, and the Earth is somehow alive, than I think it's safe to say our "scientific" view of the universe is not even close to the real picture. At this point though I don't believe there is any reason to think the Earth is aware.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join