It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth is a self-aware living creature

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Good Job for highlighting GOD's Creation. I do not believe in mother earth or gaia but I do believe GOD created a very unique eco-system and used his designs in both humans and nature. In my opinion the lungs and tree example is very good proof of a intelligent designer. I think you should be thanking God for our wonderful earth. And If you don't believe in him then how do you think earth came to be? After all a painting has a painter, and a building has a builder, same go's for earth it didn't just create itself. I also hope you don't buy into the global warming scam, or think that man can some how destroy the earth at its current rate. The Earth is Very robust and was designed that way.

WE the people being the "infection"

Oh dear... this is exact lie the globalists want you to believe. Prince Philip himself said he wanted to come back as a virus to kill humanity.

I suggest watching this video:

Note to Mods: this thread belongs in the religious forum due to the clear undertone of gaia worship the new pagan religion.
edit on 4-12-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Great post OP! S&F...I totally concur! Earth is definitely a being...a being that we cannot comprehend. Thank you for enlightening us.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by Sly1one

Good Job for highlighting GOD's Creation. I do not believe in mother earth or gaia but I do believe GOD created a very unique eco-system and used his designs in both humans and nature. In my opinion the lungs and tree example is very good proof of a intelligent designer. I think you should be thanking God for our wonderful earth. And If you don't believe in him then how do you think earth came to be? After all a painting has a painter, and a building has a builder, same go's for earth it didn't just create itself. I also hope you don't buy into the global warming scam, or think that man can some how destroy the earth at its current rate. The Earth is Very robust and was designed that way.

Oh dear... this is exact lie the globalists want you to believe. Prince Philip himself said he wanted to come back as a virus to kill humanity.

Note to Mods: this thread belongs in the religious forum due to the clear undertone of gaia worship the new pagan religion.

No it's not about Gaia worship and your views on Paganism have shown that you're willing to attack anything which isn't biblical. This is a thread about the potential consciousness of a giant organism. Stop trying to derail the thread.

TROLL ALERT! TROLL ALERT!

edit on 4-12-2011 by steveknows because: Add

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

duh, the word for the Earth that says that it's living is Logos. Our next step to the greater plan of living.

I'm excited for this because when one person dies, that person is judged then has 5 options:

1. become a Logos, then an Elder

2. Go back to Earth and retry the life

3. Get thrown into the trash heap.

4. Become a Logos servant

or

5. settle for a lesser planet that the being would be stuck with.

Me? I want number 1!

So each time I drive my car, I keep reminding myself to put a Joe Cell into it.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
There is no way to determine the truth to what you suggest, at least I will admit that 'I' don't have the abstract answer to whether the earth is sentient. We have all tossed the idea around at some time or other, and found it to be unanswerable. I propose that if the earth is sentient as you propose, it could also be offer'd for debate, 'is the internet sentient'? Personally....... I don't buy the notion that the earth is 'alive' as you would explain or show in comparison to the human body and it's organs. That's not to say I don't believe the earth 'has' life ON it..... A big difference. To me, an example would be the other heavenly bodies, the other planets, if there were a 'mean' of planitary 'life', but our observations show otherwise. Carl Sagan did a bit on this, showing the number of planets and stars that might harbor life in the universe. Yes the universe..... all that 'is'. His calculations came dispararingly grim, with only a handfull of the billions squared. As you look everywhere for answers but to God, you will find everything leads you back to a Creator, but in your search and itchy ears, it will never sate you. So what hope is there for you and your supposition? I fear none.
edit on 4-12-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

consciousness of a giant organism

What like the Avatar movie? That film was pure subliminal programming to be indoctrinated into Gaia worship. ATS is about denying ignorance the op is full of it (no offense to him) he made some good connections but got alot of things wrong in his assertions.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
To say that the earth is alive, is not a correct wording as such. Because our notion of life, is made by viewing ourselves. Life, is our consciousness ... not our bodies, in our sense. Which is why everyone of us, has the notion that we are some little creatures inside our brain, that are driving this body ...

Some people say it isn't, and ask why it doesn't replicate itself ... and the answer is simple. The Universe is full of planets ... how we define the Universe as a consciousness, or how we define the createion of planets and star systems, we are more and more coming to a certain area ...

The universe is made out of plasma ... the matter that we experience, is actually electromagnetism that is repulsing matter ... it is not matter as per say. There are planets and stars in all sizes in the Universe. And they grow ... the earth is growing ... we can argue how fast and how much. But it grows ... what it will become ... obviously it strives to become a Sun ... is it something that is conscious? But matter in the Universe, at some stage create a magnetic bubble ... and this magnetic bubble slowly grows ... and when it reaches the state of a planet, it grows to bigger planets ... and when it reaches the stage of gas planets it grows ... to gas giants ... and when it reaches the stage of a sun it grows ... to giants.

I don't think a living cell, that occupies our body ... has the capacity to fathom our conscious ... even if it had a brain ... as the cell only serves the purpose of channelling energy throughout the body. And WE, serve as means of channelling energy to the earth ... we create matter, from energy ... this is the symbios between plant and animal life on earth.

But as the earth grows ... so is our human stage threatened ... so, to those of human who are afraid of what will come, it is necessary as it was necessary in the past, to reduce plantlife to support human beings.

Whose bidding we are performing, and what is good or bad in the stage of the Universe, we have no way of fathoming. We can only fathom our own battle of our own survival ...

What is good, and what is bad ... is difficult to tell. We have no idea, what we will become ... since we cannot see beyond our leisure suits.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

I think you should be thanking God for our wonderful earth. And If you don't believe in him then how do you think earth came to be? After all a painting has a painter, and a building has a builder, same go's for earth it didn't just create itself. I also hope you don't buy into the global warming scam, or think that man can some how destroy the earth at its current rate. The Earth is Very robust and was designed that way.

Your voice of GOD is very much misplaced here. This isn't a religious thread, it's about notion and observation, not blind belief and hatred.

The view of GOD, can be criticized and has been throughout the centuries. What you preach and what you do, is not the same thing. Sell "redemption" for money ... as an example. Or, the most dispicable of it all ... the "killing of the lamb". I'll tell you what this symbolism is ... because this isn't a thread about religion ....

Jesus, is the lamb ... the innocent, and when you go to the Church to drink his blood (wine) and eat his flesh (bread) you are accepting his death, and that his death is your survival. He is the symbol of the innocent, and you accept that the innocent should die, so that YOU the selfish YOU, could live. This single notion, is so horrible, so terrifying ... that it describe the human conscious more than anything in the universe does. Claiming that God sent his son, so that he could die in your place ...

You don't even to be intelligent, to understand that what this represent is against anything that life represents. And when you are confirmed into the religion, you "accept" the doctrine ... "kill to survive" theology. And it applies to all religion, regardless. I don't want to be harsh against "Judaism" or "Islam" here, but I chose to dismantle christianity because I am babtised into that religion myself ... and consider it my right to dismantle it, from the knowledge I have. The other religions, I mentioned ... are just as bad, or worse ... depending on how you view it.

Wake up, and see the Universe for what it is ... because only through awareness are we human.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
BJ, you might say your thoughts or discription are your own understanding. You do not speak for all christians or who-ever's, You have your own particular banner to defend. The trend seems to be (not reffering yo you) to cast doubts by espousing their personal observations of verbal handed down thoughts or evidences. Thee are so many who come to the table of debate with nothing more than 'I heard' or 'They said' or 'I read', yet there usually has been zero work done to read through texts or to study relegions or anything more than pure gossip. Their arguments are often times blatantly false or missleading. I consider your ^ ^ comment to be in that arena.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reptilian Ph.D
I worked with the Cogi indians from the Sierra Nevadas de Santa Marta, Colombia. They are one of the last, nearly intact indigenous groups in the world. What's quite interesting however, is that they taught me exactly what the basis of your thread is. They said that certain powerful ecosystems, such as the Sierra Nevadas of Colombia, are the heart of mother earth--and the rivers and streams are her vasculature; they provide her ability to spread vital nutrients throughout her body. However they also say that the petroleum, fossil fuels, minerals (gold, uranium, etc), are her entrails--they allow her to function optimally. They also say certain landmarks around the world are her kidneys, liver, etc.

They say we are absolutely clueless about the impact we are having on the earth as a conscious, embracive motherly entity. By plundering her incessantly, then spilling her guts all over her (pollution, oil spills, etc), we are being sanctimonious towards her.

They believe that our relationship with mother earth should be reciprocal; that is, we should always thank her and make symbolic payments for nursing from her bosom. As humans, we have accumulated an incalculable pile of debt, both spiritual and physical. They say we are fleas on mother earth, and if we do not pay back by thanking her and conducting specific rituals whereby we symbolically acknowledge our relationship with her, she will eventually take back what we owe.

Without changing our ways, their prophecies dictate we will see increasing natural disasters--tsunamis, earthquakes, pestilence, disease, etc. The world is utterly out of balance, out of credit, and out of time. She will wipe us off her face like 'fleas' (their word), if we cannot love Gaia, or Love ourselves--since we sprung from her soil.

I've always wondered whether the oil we're so thoughtlessly pumping out of her and the gold, silver, uranium, coal, etc. that we're extracting might not be the life blood and minerals that keep Mother Earth healthy and functioning. Who knows, there may be more earthquakes now because the oil is some sort of lubricant for the tectonic plates, and we're depleting it as fast as we can, setting ourselves up for more and more (and more devastating) natural disasters.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Actually the only religious overtone I heard was from you post...there is no "gaia-worship" or "religious" side of my post as I don't subscribe to religions they decrease intellectual growth in my honest opinion. I’m simply acknowledging the parallels I see behind the form/function of the human body/earth and other living systems.

I said “humans are the infection” as an analogy/parallel as to how and why your own body gets and fights off an infection as to illustrate yet another parallel.

I don’t buy into the “global warming” is caused SOLELY by humans “scam” and if you look at my post history you will see this as consistently true. I am well aware of the intended carbon tax and addressed my disagreement with it several times in this very thread. You won't be enlightening me here.

Having said all that, stop trying to hijack what I am trying to illustrate here and turn it into some kind of religious/cult interpretation and move it to a forum in which I rarely if ever participate in.

This thread is exactly where it belongs, however you, your post, and your thoughts seem to need the relocation to religious forums.

edit on 4-12-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvie

there may be more earthquakes now because the oil is some sort of lubricant for the tectonic plates, and we're depleting it as fast as we can, setting ourselves up for more and more (and more devastating) natural disasters.

Uh huh. I've always thought that was a bit of a no-brainer.

...Failed a test once for mentioning it though. Back in Grade 5 or so.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

What like the Avatar movie? That film was pure subliminal programming to be indoctrinated into Gaia worship. ATS is about denying ignorance the op is full of it (no offense to him) he made some good connections but got alot of things wrong in his assertions.

how about you state what "i got wrong in my assertions" and we can wrestle over that instead of whatever it is you are doing now because I don't see it as worth while for anyone...

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

reply to post by Sly1one

Actually the only religious overtone I heard was from you post...there is no "gaia-worship" or "religious" side of my post as I don't subscribe to religions they decrease intellectual growth in my honest opinion. I’m simply acknowledging the parallels I see behind the form/function of the human body/earth and other living systems.

I said “humans are the infection” as an analogy/parallel as to how and why your own body gets and fights off an infection as to illustrate yet another parallel.

I don’t buy into the “global warming” is caused SOLELY by humans “scam” and if you look at my post history you will see this as consistently true. I am well aware of the intended carbon tax and addressed my disagreement with it several times in this very thread. You won't be enlightening me here.

Having said all that, stop trying to hijack what I am trying to illustrate here and turn it into some kind of religious/cult interpretation and move it to a forum in which I rarely if ever participate in.

This thread is exactly where it belongs, however you, your post, and your thoughts seem to need the relocation to religious forums.

Great response

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Yes, ATS is about denying ignorance. Just when you think you know it all....you find out you knew nothing at all! Knowledge is key....Wisdom is even better!

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Thanks for this post.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Not knocking your efforts or the topic, which I love, but it has been beaten to death on ATS in the past, as you can see if you use the search function on this site. Blessings to you.

I believe the similarities to us are because God created it all, and the Earth represents Man. The Moon represents Jesus, the Sun the Father, and the stars represent the Holy Spirit.

It's complicated.
edit on 12/4/2011 by Jim Scott because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I said this two years ago on ATS and got blasted.............you say it and get 120 + stars.

My how long it takes people to wake up.

And yes she is alive and getting really tired of the fleas biting and sucking her blood - the fleas called humanity.

Right now she is trying to shake us off.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i would like to start with stating that i don't blame you for what your thinking BUT id like to shine light on just a few overlooked points. Firstly, it seems to me that you came up with an idea, and went and researched on points defending your idea and completely ignoring facts that could potentially harm it. This is what i call pseudo science. Turning a blind eye to information that could potentially render your idea useless does not mean its not there it just means your betting on the chance of there being alot of lazy people looking for ANY answer no matter how nonsensical it may be to believe in. Luckily for you most of that population are members of this site. You have fallen in a trap of a new world religion which has been branded packaged and sold to you whether you believe it or not. AND trust me TPTB want you to believe just this, which is why they call it a new world "religion" ..you are not the first or the last to believe in a theory such as this. But im sorry to tell you, you have traded one form of bondage for another and there is no reason why anyone should take this seriously.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikkithegreat

I may well be reading your reply wrong, but are you suggesting that a belief that the Earth is a living being is a 'new world religion' being put forth by TPTB?

If so...interesting...given that its exceptionally close to what my own culture holds as *truth*...and we were holding that well before we encountered or were 'colonised, civilised and religion-ised' by any other cultures...

There are numerous other native cultures that hold similar...

Whoa. Maybe my culture IS the dreaded TPTB!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join