It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Experiences With The Paranormal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I honestly don't know where to even start, but ever since I was a kid I have been experiencing various paranormal phenomenon. Although some were very minor and some didn't just make any sense. I will list them as they come to mind and I would appreciate any comments on similar experiences and/or answers.

1- When I was a kid I used to have dreams in which I was either being chased by a monster or someone and I did sometime realise that it was a dream. When I did know I was dreaming I would kill myself somehow in the dream to wake up. It worked 100% of the time.

2- This one is just silly, but important none the less. Also as a kid I used to just have a random thought of a scene in a movie or a certain TV show episode and withing the day or 2 that show or movie would be on TV. I did not see any adverts for it or anything. This happened many times as a kid but have stopped.

3- As a kid I used to wake up and have weird scars or scabs that weren't there when I went to sleep. It might be a possibility that I cut myself while sleeping, but I don't think it would heal so fast.

4- Now on to more recent events. About 2 years ago I lived in a house that I believed was filled with spirits. I did hear a few things and I would just think it would be the neighbors since I lived in a condo. The condo had an upper level and I did hear an occasional noise while I was downstairs. I also heard a few noises from the basement. I did know that a few elderly women who lived there before me died of natural causes in the house. I felt a strange presence some times and some felt like bad spirits and some felt like good ones. My girlfriend who also lived there with me had very bad experiences with these "spirits", they seemed to bother her and make noises to scare her. They seemed to dislike my GF, but they did not feel that way with me. I think they thought that I was someone else or a grandson or they just treated me like one. One night it was a bit cold and my blanket was slightly off of me and then I felt something move the blanket and cover me up. I thought it was a dream, but it seemed to real to be one. I did not see an actual face or figure, but on one occasion I did see a sort of misty entity walk up the stairs. It wasn't very clear, but you could see how it sort of distorted the background. After that I decided it was time to move, hehe.

5- I do believe to be slightly empathic. I did search a few things up on the net and I found a few signs that you might be empathic. Some really didn't make any sense, but it described me. One of the main things being that I can sometime sense how people feel and at one time at work I did feel a presence and it just made me cry for no reason at all. It didn't seem to be my feelings, but rather the entity's. I also have a strong sense of smell and a sensitivity to light, which is very ironic being from the state of Florida, lol.

6- My most recent experience is seeing these shadows everywhere I go. I used to be afraid, but now I am somewhat comfortable with them. What are they? Could they be evil spirits or my family on the other side. Are they my guardians. I don't know, but I do see the, pretty much everywhere.

I have tried to increase my psychic sensitivity, but have been unsuccesful. I know I am not in the best health and my aura is probably very weak. I am trying to excercise and eat right, but it is hard, hehe. Anyway as stated previously, any comments and/or answers are very appreciated. I have had many more experiences, but most were very minor and I don't count them. Thanks for looking and I hope to hear from someone soon.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   

1- When I was a kid I used to have dreams in which I was either being chased by a monster or someone and I did sometime realise that it was a dream. When I did know I was dreaming I would kill myself somehow in the dream to wake up. It worked 100% of the time.

That is interesting ... I heard that if you died in your dream you died in real life. Did you actually kill yourself or did you just stop running from the monster and give up which in your mind meant killing yourself, but in the dream you didn't actually finish it out to the point where you were dead?

I used to have a terrible recurring nightmare about a giant purple cow chasing me. I would try to run away but I would either be unable to move or I would run as if in slow motion. This dream always ended in one of two ways:
Either I would realize it was a dream and make the choice to fly away
or
I would 'give up' and stop trying to run, which would immediately wake me up so I could not see what ended up happening.

I had this same recurring nightmare between the ages of 6 and 10. They finally stopped when I told my Mom about them. Ever since then, if I started having scary recurring dreams I talk about them and then I'm not bothered with them again

Jemison

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Jemison,

I believed it was a lucid dream because while being chased I used to change the surrounding environment to something like a really tall building and I just used to jump off and I woke up almost right away. Another example was when I was being chased by something in what seemed to be a steel mill(don't know where I got the idea when I was a kid) and I just jumped into the melted steel. I did not have fear becuase I knew it was just a dream and I would get hurt. I did fly one time in my dream, but I kinda didn't know it was a dream so I never took total control. Right now the most recent dream like that happened a few months ago, although it wasn't lucid. I dreamed that I was telekinetic and that I was fighting spirits and zombies.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by Araelius]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i had a dream when i was 6 about me in my grandparents kitchen/bar and being attacked by wolves in the left knee. i woke up and had a scar on my left knee. i hadnt done anything for that to happen and its partially still there to this day. this would freak some people out but i think its awesome!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Oh man, I have the second thing mentioned (episodes of shows or movies coming on within a day after I think of a certain scene) happen to me ALL the time. I will think "Boy I haven't seen [insert film or episode of show here] in a while" and then the next day the episode or film will be on. I swear the cable network can see my thoughts and they put it on just to mess with me.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by BangorangRufio]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

That is interesting ... I heard that if you died in your dream you died in real life. Did you actually kill yourself or did you just stop running from the monster and give up which in your mind meant killing yourself, but in the dream you didn't actually finish it out to the point where you were dead?

Jemison

That is Completely untrue... the topic has already been covered in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... CHeck it out and let me know your opinions..

top topics

join