It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has a new cold war started.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Thinking long and hard on the subject I have come to a point where the Idea of a US / China cold war could happen soon or is currently on the go.

The situation in China/NK v Taiwan/SK would be resolved quickly without the US siding with Taiwan/SK if we agree this then agents working for lets say the C/NK alliance would be working to destabilise the US in other areas to weaken its grip in Asia. Arms sales in the middle east, funding, etc could be ongoing as the more US resources deployed to other areas will weaken forces elsewhere. The current redeployment of US forces could be a counter measure to new (not just terror) threats.

Are the lines drawn like east/west berlin?
Are troops staring down gunsights at each other?
Is communism still got a part to play in world politics?

Anyway War on terror ongoing with coldwar just a step behind or am i just paranoid.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Munro_DreadGod
Thinking long and hard on the subject I have come to a point where the Idea of a US / China cold war could happen soon or is currently on the go.

- I think Bush and Co were all for it in the early days of this administration but realised China alone just wasn't in the same league as the old Soviet Union/WARPAC and wasn't going to convince anyone bar their own narrow zealot 'believe anything they say' support.

Certainly it had zero international support.....and for those who now utterly dismiss this that includes even from countries like the UK.

Now? Who knows?

Some will buy into all that paranoia, wrap it in the flag sufficiently, say 'God bless America' often enough and invoke 'the spirit and memory of 9/11' regularly enough and claim the threat 'we' all face is big enough and some folks can't get enough of it.

.....and the military suppliers laugh all the way to the bank.

Imagine a league table of military spending. I had thought the USA was number one and outspent the next 25 nations combined! Some guy here told me it was 35.

Be afraid, be very afraid. LMAO.

[edit on 6-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Guess its down to the dollar. China / US big bucks partnership

Made in china should be a catchphrase

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Imagine a league table of military spending. I had thought the USA was number one and outspent the next 25 nations combined! Some guy here told me it was 35.

it's not quite that big a gap (but still massive, roughly 10x more than the number 2 country) it is something like as much as the next 10-12 countries in the list.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If it is a cold war that is occuring, I see it warming up really fast.

posted on Sep, 16 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Could you elaborate a little - a little to cryptic for me.

new topics

top topics

join