It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists Should Listen to This - Bond-Servants and the Enslaved Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
For a person to be free, the must be entirely free to choose any outcome. Any well-reasoned notion of freedom on Earth is entirely false and an illusion.

Since we are restricted by the laws that govern nature and the laws that regulate our abilities, we are restricted by a force. We are also accountable to this force. All actions that a man can take in this reality have equal and opposite reactions. If we jump off a building, we fall to our deaths or suffer injury. If we smoke we get cancer. If we work hard, we receive reward that can be spent. Life is a balance of giving and taking to survive in bondage.

There are only three forms of slavery. The first form of bondage is to law. The second form of bondage is in payment of debt. The third form of bondage is forced. We will all experience these three forms while on earth. Is there another alternative?

Is God Free?

Ultimately, even God is bound by law or He could not be righteous. God is also free by the truth of love. How is this possible? Freedom from the law is a complete observance of the law. God is righteous and expresses this in an ultimate form of love. Love covers sins and pays debts. One part of this love is ensuring the protection of those who also honor the law. This is justice and the enforcement of the law. Part of law is ensuring justice is served. Freedom only comes when conscious beings live in harmony with the law. Justice ensures debts are paid. Knowing this truth sets the slave free form bondage if love is the aim. God is not bound, yet must follow His law with the fulfillment of the law--love.

Are we ever free?

No. We are bound, just as God is, to the law of His Kingdom. Sin creates a debt and enslaves us. This debt must be paid.

Is the Son of God free?

No. He is bound to God and one with God. Since He is righteous, the law is fulfilled and His freedom comes from the Love He expresses. Sin is not found in Him so there is no debt to be paid. How can this help us? The Jubilee Laws give us the answer, but these laws require kinship. Only a kinsman can redeem a bonded slave. Payment is required. Jesus needed to live as a man, free from sin, to have the ability to redeem the slave. Only a master can redeem a slave. God is the first master that grants freedom by law. The next master is the one we choose.

Is the redeemed bondservant free?

No, once we claim this redemption through Jesus, we are bondservants to Christ. We are now enslaved to the covenant set by Jesus on man. He is now our master. His only law is love for others. The Bible says we are free in Christ and bound only to His covenant of loving others. We have access to God by being bonded to Christ. Our debts to God are paid through our bonding to a new master who is abundant in riches. As such, we are still able to be obedient or disobedient, but bound to a master who is kind and able to pay our debt. The difference is, we are not bound to the final judgment ending in Hell. We are under a new order.

Is the Atheist free?

An Atheist, or anyone who is not bonded to Christ, is enslaved to Satan in sin. Christians were formally enslaved as well. Enslavement is forced. As I said above, there are three forms of bonding. We are bound by the law. None escapes this bondage. We are bound to our debts. Debts must be paid. We are also bound to our master. If Sin is the master, then Satan is the bonding agent. If love is the master, Christ is the one we are bound to.

How do we attain freedom?

Jubilee Laws and Land Ownership found in Leviticus:

8 You are also to count off seven Sabbaths of years for yourself, seven
times seven years, so that you have the time of the seven Sabbaths of
years, namely, forty-nine years.
9 You shall then sound a ram's horn
abroad on the tenth day of the seventh month; on the Day of Atonement
you shall sound a horn all through your land.
10 You shall thus consecrate
the fiftieth year and proclaim a release through the land to all its
inhabitants. It shall be a Jubilee for you, and each of you shall return to
his own property, and each of you shall return to his family.

The loophole is this: The land cannot be sold permanently. It belongs to God. When the year of jubilee comes, the land can be bought at a price. This is the ultimate problem for the current land owner. When the lease is up on the earth, Satan is banished with no ability to pay. Satan and all his slaves will be removed from the land. As calculations go, a Jubilee for the earth happens soon.

For more, see this PDF. LINK

edit on 2-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Why is God trying to make me his slave?!~!~!~ Why MUST I believe in him? He clearly hates free thought.

What a tyrant.

edit on 12/2/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Why is God trying to make me his slave?!~!~!~ Why MUST I believe in him? He clearly hates free thought.

What a tyrant.

edit on 12/2/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

The one thing I have recognized in my own life is that mastery of anything requires work and diligence toward keeping it from mastering me. Freedom comes from conquering the requirement of the thing mastering me.

As an example, I have trouble playing some passages of music in certain keys. Until I master the scale, the music masters me. This is because a scale adheres to a law that is required for the harmony it provides. Mastery allows freedom for the musician and good listening for others. The laws of God are a master until we learn to master it. Until then, the law that masters me is my guardian. It is relentless until I decided to master it.

The only free thought is the thought that abides in the law of love, allowing me to master my own soul. Otherwise, my thoughts enslave others to my poor choices. Disunity and dissonance is all that comes from breaking laws that are meant for more than my selfish desires. Others matter. Other musicians depend on my performance.

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Have you guys got any evidence yet or are you still just following fiction books?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I do not wish to argue. Only to make what I believe to be a valid point.
Quoting from the bible, to a group of people who don't believe the bible is a viable source of information,
only seems to serve to void your point invalid. While I myself am agnostic- ( www.merriam-webster.com... ), I understand the reasoning behind both your beliefs, and those of atheists.

What I don't understand, is why you must commit those who do not share your beliefs, to what would be an eternity of the most unpleasant non-existence unimaginable. It bothers me in a faith that promotes 'good will toward mankind', that goodwill is usually only observed to those whom are righteous in their own eyes. Is that not nearly by definition the height of hypocrisy. Which by my observation, comes in abundance whilst reading many religious texts.

Example: www.infidels.org...

I would be grateful if you were able to explain this to one without quoting from the very thing those you are preaching to are disputing. What, for instance, is your logical take on our existence and justification for the necessity for slavery?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Directing this post at atheists makes little sense. Dy definition they do not believe what you believe. The bulk of your reasoning is based on a book which they believe is complete fiction. In order to have an argument that would be acceptable you would need a logical argument drawn from a reliable and provable source and this is not the case.

Edit: sorry StripedMIB i should have read closer

edit on 12/3/2011 by GeistMelange because: post above mine

Edit 2 : I withdraw my comment
edit on 12/3/2011 by GeistMelange because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

And I like to have my own free thought and believe what I chose to. What is the issue here? You against freedom?

You and your God seems like wannabe despots. And when the people don't do or think as you say you torture them in hell....like many other tyrants in history.

edit on 12/3/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This Atheist as of this post - - is boycotting any future threads by god believers - - directed at Atheists.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
A link to Stephen E. Jones! Yay!! This man is one of the most astute Christian writers I have encountered. His book Secrets of Time is just amazing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And I like to have my own free thought and believe what I chose to. What is the issue here? You against freedom?

You and your God seems like wannabe despots. And when the people don't do or think as you say you torture them in hell....like many other tyrants in history.

edit on 12/3/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

You are as free as you choose to be. The law restricts all of us. Freedom only comes from obedience to law. God's laws have no benefit to Him. They are designed for the good of the many and to bring abundant life to those who choose to suffer the work for the reward. Anything that goes against the law of God is taking reward apart form the necessary suffering.

It's simple to see. If you smoke, you get cancer. This is taking reward that is not earned. It causes a debt. This one example then translates forward to all examples possible.

If a person works for a degree, they get a better job. If a person suffers a house payment, they receive a house when the work is finished to pay the debt. These examples then translate forward to all examples possible.

The law governs our debt or payment in the balance. Freedom comes from savings and earning true reward. The rewards we pay forward for our families outlive us. The rewards we take and the debts we create also outlive us and cause untold suffering to others. The law brings freedom from debt. Argue it all you like in your mind, but these simple truths are all that can set you free from bondage to sin.

God outlines this to us clearly in His Word. Jesus was the example of the suffering servant to pay our debt to sin. Redemption comes from faith in the one who fulfilled the law where we were unable.

edit on 3-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I prefer to live by my own laws, I don't need a thought police around. Not a wannabe Stalin like character.

Gulags = Hell

KGB/Secret Police = Demons

Free Political/physiological thought = Gulag or Murdered

Free will = follow the parties mandates or die or get sent to the gulag 10 years hard labor

Christian God = wannabe despot that throws rogue members of the party in a gulag (hell)

Seeing the connection yet?
edit on 12/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I prefer to live by my own laws, I don't need a thought police around. Not a wannabe Stalin like character.

Gulags = Hell

KGB/Secret Police = Demons

Free Political/physiological thought = Gulag or Murdered

Free will = follow the parties mandates or die or get sent to the gulag 10 years hard labor

Christian God = wannabe despot that throws rogue members of the party in a gulag (hell)

Seeing the connection yet?
edit on 12/4/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

Yes. I do see the connection. If you have ever sat and read Isaiah--better yet, have it read ONLINE--, then you get the same vibe from God that you are referring to. I get it and feel the same way. But...and there is a big but here...God is not us in any way. God demands our obedience, respect, reverence and sacrifice as children who are learning. A good father corrects His children in a manner that does not harm.

Does no harm? WHAT!!! This is what the average person reading the Bible will say if they lack the proper perspective. By our reasoning, there is fault in a person that demands obedience. We call this person a a tyrant. God is due the obedience. By our reasoning, there is fault in a person that reveals his anger with retribution to others. We call this person hot-tempered. God has the right to be angry. By our reasoning, there is fault in a person that takes life. We call this person a murderer. God is no murderer and the soul cannot die.

In all these cases, God is righteous. In all these cases, the harm is not to death, but to life and education by trials. We cannot die. God is long-suffering. We are learning the consequences of what our adult life can represent when we are no longer children of God, but have grown into loving and caring adults. Apart from the example in the non-reality, we can never see the victory over these problems in the next reality.

God loves us enough to show us by example, even when the example is what we least desire. The true reality awaits and the true life will be lived apart from any of this madness. The entire point of 'doing' here in this reality is to see the value of good and evil by perspective in the next. We only connect the dots looking back. God is good. His kingdom demands the education that precedes being free from bondage. All good stories end in this victory over sin and death.

By the way, a tyrant here in this world takes from us to give to himself. God takes our sin and shame and gives it back to us when we humble ourselves before him. The victory over sin comes when we serve God. When we do, we become rich and blessed, at perfect peace in His kingdom, under all circumstances. No tyrant will do this for anyone. A tyrant is selfish. God is abundant.

Matt. 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

edit on 4-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

top topics

join