It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK! How about this? Does a persons mental state...either Joyful or Sad or etc. correlate to quantit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I stated in my introduction that i had had an alien? experience, with missing time. I was sittting in a lounge chair it was after midnight. A friend was sitting also. At a 90 degree angle to me. We were just talking when all of a sudden i felt something approach from outside in the air ( the sky ) the room began to spin and something came down into my head or my head was connected to whatever it was i felt was hovering over the house. I was telling my friend what was happening. I wasnt exactly panicked , but more concerned . That was the feeling. Then my friend went to get up and go to my aid .Straight away whatever was in control of my head made me tell my friend not to touch me. All of this happened very fast. Next thing i know im back , i turned to my friend and started to talk. Thats when i discovered that one and a half hours had passed. I wanted to know what happened, i asked my friend , who said, when you told me not to touch me i just sat back and waited. Now on reflection i felt whatever it was, it was looking for something , and i didnt have what it was looking for, or i could have been programmed or checked or multitude of other things. My mood was very good when it happened i was about 20 years old at the time. I dont know if it was aliens hence the question mark but it was an unusual experience and involved missing time . I hope i put this in the right spot and complied with the t&c

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

I find it curious that a friend would wait...THAT LONG...after another had told him what you said. Why would he not run for help?

I don't know about you but if I said that to a friend of mine....and only I was experiencing it.....and my friend was not.....they wouldn't wait more than 20 seconds before shaking me or pouring a BEER over my head! LOL!

Not saying your experience wasn't real....just looking at the logic of it. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Yes i wondered why he didnt approach me again ,but i was very assertive with the don't touch me bit and as it happened fast (the first bit ) i dont think he got it, or they put him in the fog? lol, thanks for your response, by the way its true about 3 people ive got three and they all get a turn and tests ive done and pysics (sorry bad spelling ) have said that im right left brain balanced cheers

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

I'm sorry i didn"t explain my first response properly ( it was 24 years ago yeah i"m 44 getting old lol ) I cant remember if i told him the room was spinning or not. But i do remember telling him not to touch me . I didn"t say THEY told me to tell you not to touch me , until later when i came back so to speak, as i said it happened quickly. As we were sharing a house and he was hoping for more than that.Then me coming across so assertive, he sat back, that could explain his lack of response?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Well...GOD LUCK to you and I hope you solve your problems. Being afraid is a terrible thing. I had a conversation a while back with a Farm Girl who said she was 18 and had nothing to look forward to in life.

And she didn't have the issues you are describing. My advice is...if it was me...I would trust my gut....and get checked out for a tag. But the most important thing I can tell you is....LIVE FOR NOW! Don't let a problem or Issue of the past or present ruin your PRESENT LIFE!

I was once a very happy chubby little kid who listened to my Mom and treated people as if I wanted to be treated. This era of my life was short lived as after being picked on the bus....and I was always a big kid....and unusually strong....I listened to my Dad who told me....Fighting is not a good thing.....but being a victim is worse.

He was Military and Mom was "CIVILIAN"....but I quickly lost my baby fat and woke up to the real world....and as I told this girl....just because someone says you are not good at something....while you are using their tried and true methods....don't be afraid to try what your GUT or INSTICT tells you to do...you may fail or fall...but get up...acess the valididty of their method...and never think that any one method is the only or best method for you!
I shoot with both eyes open...my.."TEACHERS" said I would never hit the target...i am a crack shot!
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I'm not sure I understand exactly what your position is here, OP......only got a vague idea of the gist.

I'm someone whose had "abduction type" experiences. I am aware that they could have been some sort of hallucination or otherwise created by my mind (or could be one of the other proposed explanations beyond simple abduction by physical ET's). I try to stay realistic about this.

Putting it this way can be misleading, making the listener think that they were foggy dream-like visions, or that they came to my awareness through hypnosis (which I never had done). It downplays the very real nature of the experiences for me.

If I choose to believe they were very realistic hallucinations, that brings into question every single memory I have in my life, because in terms of sensorial memory, they are of the same intensity as the cup of coffee I remember drinking five minutes ago. If those "abductions" were false, then my whole life and everything I think I've lived can also be false. I think you can appreciate how hard it is to accept that.

If I choose to believe they were real experiences with beings that have some sort of separate existance of their own (not figments of my imagination), then I can sort of integrate them into my other foundations of perception of reality as a an addition- the world and everyone in it exists as the collective believes it does- these aliens are just another added aspect that we didn't know about before. I can get on with life and feel comfortable with the rest of it. Something was added, but the floor wasn't swept away beneath me, if you will.

I didn't make up any stories.....I am not lying. But I may have had a hallucination, in which perhaps my subconscious created it, but consciously, I didn't choose to do so. To me that is a very important point when considering people who say they were abducted, but maybe they weren't. It could be a case of the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is up to".

In my case, I WAS in a state of emotional distress at the time, which gives some points in favor of hallucination.
I had moved to another country, I could not speak a word of the language, and it was a difficult experience in a new culture. I was in the rural countryside, where no one spoke english and there was nothing to strike tones of familiarity in me (no McDonalds, no signs in english, no Starbucks..) . I could have suffered something like the Paris Syndrome,
(wikipedia)

Paris Syndrome is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, etc.
In fact, the observed clinical picture is quite variable, but it has the characteristic of occurring during trips which confront travellers with things they have not previously experienced and had not anticipated. Principal to the diagnosis is that the experienced symptoms did not exist before the trip and disappear following a return to the sufferer's familiar surroundings. This differs from a 'pathological voyage', in which psychiatric disorders are pre-existing.

The evidence for that possibility is pretty damned strong, and frankly at first I assumed it HAD to be something of that sort!
Where it got sticky and the explanation was less strong was when my other family members were experiencing these too. My husband and children having the same memories of the same events and some added ones of their own. If it was my hallucination, how could they have been sharing it? (I had not exposed this to my children at all, as I thought it was a hallucination).

So in an attempt to relieve that cognitive dissonance, I came up with the possibility of a Jungian- type collective subconscious, in which there are archetypes and images that have almost a life of their own, an existance of their own, that move in the depths of us all, and in times of stress, or when the ego has it’s barriers break, they flood in. Like fairies and gnomes in times past, perhaps the same energies have taken on the form of aliens today. They stand for something in our psyche. We are not necessarily within power to control them, and yet are not completely separate as beings.
It’s a theory, amongst many. But I just wanted to make clear the very difficult choice someone has to grapple with when they’ve had such experiences.

edit on 3-12-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Hi SplitInfinity if your last post was directed at me( My1percent) then i dont see my experiences as problems just experiences that i am interested in disscusing with others . Are you in the military or did you learn weapons stuff from your dad as well as the other stuff like standing up for yourself . I am married to a vietnam vet and hes very angry and a very interesting person he allso teachers our daughter to stand up for herself in that same military manner its all in the mind

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

hi do you think i could have been tagged ? what do you mean do you have any examples and how do you get it checked out . That experience happened at 20 years old, at 28 i had a brain hemmorrage and crainiotomy and so on if there was something there they would have found it yeah?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
My Good Mood post got moved. Ah...well....but here is something that I was trying to get at. Just as the kicker in the former post under great stress....stated to another...after missing....I saw a Flying Disc! How many other supposed UFO or E.T. encounters or abductions may be driven by a persons need to redirect some form of emotional or mental trauma or failure to preform a job or task under pressure?

I know E.T. to be a Reality. What I do NOT UNDERSTAND is this massive psychological EXPLOSION of statements by people that they have either been abducted or saw a UFO or think they are a Hybrid.

I also know abductions to be a reality....but the number is SO small....it is impossible for all these people to be telling the truth....so....did the MOOD....make them alter what REALLY HAPPENED in their minds?
Split Infinity

The internet & other media (i.e., unprecedented exposure to information and affirming normalization among victims) would explain why the sighting & abduction phenomena are known. An anonymous populace is the reason that these occurrences appear increasingly prevalent, despite the conflict with social norms.

Without knowing the specific schema of every individual, it is impossible to make global statements relating to any person’s psychological state.

The potential for groupthink is ever-present with those needing to fit-in; typically, an underdog or discriminated group is attractive to those needing to belong, but view themselves as inadequate.

Somatic explanations of a deluded nature are easily addressed by qualified clinicians, as are, psychological disorders (PTSD, delirium, social anxiety disorder, major depressive disorder, etc.).

As another poster previously alluded, cerebral damage corresponding to delusion or hallucination is typically evident through brain imaging.

Essentially, as more abductees have come forward to share their experiences, we’re hearing about them with greater frequency. While it’s extremely troubling to think of these things happening, it shines a bright light on social acceptance as a whole.

Btw, how do you know the number of abductees is small?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
First I would like to know what the OP means by 'correlate to quantit'.
I've got a university degree but this one has me beat

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10
First I would like to know what the OP means by 'correlate to quantit'.
I've got a university degree but this one has me beat

HA! Yeah, I too did a little cognitive filling-in on this thread, but assumed it to be 'correlate to quantity of reported sightings and abductions'--sheesh, I hope that was what this was about(?)...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I think that you may find that a lot of people searching for answers are drawn to this website.
But there are quite a few people who make stuff up. I met one a couple days ago and I shared.
I regret it now.
Just be careful who you share things with on this site or any website for that matter.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I have also seen a ufo on sep 20, 2011. It looked like a comet falling from halfway through the atmosphere. It fell really fast and slowed almost to a halt as it reached the tree line. and the light dissipated into the object. It came down less than a mile from me and i remember seeing large black oval in the sky surrounded by a light that resembled the same substance as clouds.The light showed through the oval until it got to the tree line where it better resembled a solid black object. The 3 most peculiar things; there was no sound although the object had a large tail of light so i assumed it was moving FAST, as i was watching the object i felt an overwhelming pull from my solar plexus to follow the object and even tried to film it with my phone which was dead at the time,and the final thing that i couldn't accept was it felt like my mind had been wiped of the memory of seeing the object once it stabilized into a solid form. I absolutely refused to accept that my eyes couldn't make out every dimension of an object that was less that a mile away from me. I read more on this and shock seemed to be the most likely reason for a person to only accept the truth in small amounts. I was shocked, amazed even but i wouldn't forget a detail of that experience if i could help it so i believe it was from in outside force. I felt like they felt me the same way i felt the tug of urgency to pay attention. If that is the case it would explain how the shock alone could cause someone the waiver details, but in instances like those depicted in movies as " close encounters" and " the fourth kind" there is undeniable evidence that the idea of abduction is not only plausible, but made apparent as facts. If the ufo phenomena also brings lapses of memory loss, i believe it is save to assume that the ufo sightings were all by choice, and we are now reaching a new area were they feel their visibility is no longer an issue of political defense, and the choice to conceal their technology from human eye was simply for our own good at the time.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Demure897

You brought up some great points and, despite potential ridicule, it’s people like yourself that prevent the head-in-sanders from burrowing too deeply.

In my reply to the OP, I neglected to mention repressed memories. It’s extremely likely that others may have attributed their abduction to recurrent dreams/nightmares; as we have but a limited scope with which to attach such events.

An abductee, describing an exact or similar experience, is capable of triggering previously repressed details in another victim. This type of ‘1 person tells 10’ theory could also explain the perceived exponential reporting of sightings and abductions.

On a personal slant, I find incidents of ‘lost time’ to be extremely more frequent and a potential window into the abduction phenomena that ties in with your post of conspicuous sightings: while it may be possible that some of us are ‘wired’, so as not to encode an abduction event; therefore, triggered recall is empty, ETs may have been more vigilant in using countermeasures on some than others.

edit on 3-12-2011 by OlafMiacov because: clarity

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

In previous threads you’ve expressed a breadth in physics. I enjoy theoretical physics and was reading this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

…when a sub-link within a posted link tangentially landed me here: www.lifeslittlemysteries.com...

For what it’s worth, maybe this will provide additional answers to your ‘psychological state’ question(s).

Already gave you an S&F, as I think that your thread poses interesting questions.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by my1percent

hi do you think i could have been tagged ? what do you mean do you have any examples and how do you get it checked out . That experience happened at 20 years old, at 28 i had a brain hemmorrage and crainiotomy and so on if there was something there they would have found it yeah?

1%....This is a reply to this post and the post above....I hope it helps you. I have many friends....and family....that have either fought in Nam....or died there. My cousin was one of these people who died. I remember the shock and especially his Grandmas reaction to his death....Horrible....she is actually STILL ALIVE and lives in Western Mass.

If your Husband was there....and I don't know what he might have gone through....as even though I saw the trauma of my family...I was just a bit too young to go to Vietnam....I have this one piece of advice for I have seen it's effect if not treated......DO NOT ALLOW HIM OR YOU OR YOUR DAUGHTER....to suffer from any actions by him that he cannot control. He may be fine....and this advice may not apply to you but if it does...get him help...as well as help for your family.

Now I like the fact that he teaches your Daughter how to stand up for herself! It is a GOOD THING! And you should be proud of your Husband as well as yoour Daughter and ENCOURAGE it! You might even join in as everyone should know a few basic skills that could save your life. I do not know to the level your Husband has been trained...nor do I know what his experiences there were....I know people who were NVC PRISONERS.....I know people who sat at a desk....typing MENUS for upper level staff! They never saw action....but if your Husband has been Decorated...then he must have been deep in it. So....Understanding....Love....Patience.....but ABOVE ALL....the Family Must Come First! He KNOWS this.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
1%...sorry I almost forgot! LOL! If you feel that you have been abducted.....and I will tellyou that the chances of this are REMOTE......Lottery odds remote! But if you have reasonable signs that this is a real tangible thing....such as time loss and real memory of abduction as well as cuts or bruises.....then go get an MRI....a CT scan for the brain if insurance or a doctor will not justify a full MRI.

I hope for your sake it is a fixable medical condition and not ABDUCTION. You have to understand that I have people telling me all the time that they have been abducted by Aliens.....and almost 100% of the time it is either a fabrication or a mental issue....and it is not in my public life but here on the board.

Apart from a very few....who I KNOW are watching....Hello...ED!....I have NEVER posted anything that has been of a CLASSIFIED NATURE and all that I have posted has either been theorized or posted or on a TV show before to a vast degree....with the possible exception of my own personal Theories on MULTIVERSAL DIVERGENT UNIVERSAL PHYSICS. I am a PATRIOT! But I am a "CIVILIAN PATRIOT"....thus I do not salute or jump or become some Generals BITCH just because they want something STUPID done!

I am a pain in their ass! But....they need me....and I started posting a few years back in a ways to keep my SANITY! But I would never post anything that has not been theorized or posted before! My Family is both Military and "CIVILIAN"....and I help run a few of their companies as wellas I am in the ENTERTAINMENT BUISNESS!

As to my knowledge of weapons....I used to teach Survival to both KIDS and MEN....Winter, Summer, Ocean....etc...and love nature, hunting, kids, my HUGE organic Garden....and BEER! Good Luck! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OlafMiacov

OLAF....Very Impressive intelligent statements and conclusions and questions. I am impressed! This TOPIC was started after I got back from the Studio in a very good mood and went off on a rant about it....and ATS...did the right thing and moved it to another FORUM...but what I got out of all my ramblings was an Idea.

I cannot tell you how I know....I know...LOL!....It sounds CHEZZY! LOL! But I do know that the number of actual abductions as well as this being preformed by VARIOUS races of E.T. although more so by one particular race than another as well as different cause and effect....dependent on race as well as TREATY!

This is not classified information....it was found in various files dug up in the old PAPER FILES of the DEPT. OF AGRICULTURE. You can check if you wish....although these bits of information are being systematicly erased as we speak so...FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT....GO TO IT! It is all legal!

My Idea...which is not any Agency or Company line of thought....is.....what is the state of condition of a persons mental mood and what are the percentages to classify, quantify and get an overall understanding of what are the conditions that dictate a mental state or mood for a person to declare they have been ABDUCTED BY E.T.

The current numbers of people claiming to have been abducted are REDICULOUS! And I have a serious worry that this could become systematic to the point that it becomes imbeded into the collective concious so deeply that when A REAL ABDUCTION OCCURS....which by the way are monitered in number, geography, documentation of statements as to determine which race was involved...as well as physical trauma.documentation as to determine what tests were being preformed. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Hi SplitInfinity thanks for responding to my1% . The reason i joined this site is to disscuss my strange experiences dreams ect and get some responses, surprise surprise who knows how poeple will respond, worth a try though, i hope. I have not posted anything confidential and never will as i dont know anything confidential. As far as thinking i have been abducted i have not drawn a solid conclusion and are keeping an open mind its like pics or it didnt happen lol . Another reason i joined this site is to disscuss the 1% concept which i feel you understand same as my husband thanks for your encrougement . peace and joy to you 1%

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

By your reference to 1% people who use this term as a statement of FREEDOM and they usually ride a bike....I know only too well what you refer to. Please confirm this first before I continue. Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join