It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK! How about this? Does a persons mental state...either Joyful or Sad or etc. correlate to quantit

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
My Good Mood post got moved. Ah...well....but here is something that I was trying to get at. Just as the kicker in the former post under great stress....stated to another...after missing....I saw a Flying Disc! How many other supposed UFO or E.T. encounters or abductions may be driven by a persons need to redirect some form of emotional or mental trauma or failure to preform a job or task under pressure?

I know E.T. to be a Reality. What I do NOT UNDERSTAND is this massive psychological EXPLOSION of statements by people that they have either been abducted or saw a UFO or think they are a Hybrid.

I also know abductions to be a reality....but the number is SO small....it is impossible for all these people to be telling the truth....so....did the MOOD....make them alter what REALLY HAPPENED in their minds?
Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Well its a very good point to ponder and the line between fantasy and what we call reality is very thin. I have no doubts that there will being plenty of people willing to catch someone else’s attention, with lies or fantasies. Take lady gaga she does and she gets paid for it and millions honour everything she says. But with respect to UFO and abductions, we may be simply looking in to alternative mental realities. If that is so, perhaps that would answer your questions as to the quantity of people. Take a child, maybe a mothers friend takes her to her home to look after her whilst her real mother attends some urgent matter. The child can take this as fun and entertaining or another new experience. Or can also interpret it as being abducted, away from the safe environment he or she prefers. So we have a have an unclear mixture. Also take your very name. split, what if each person is a split part of the whole that thinks they are not? Wouldn’t they be scared of those other parts and do their best to say they are just imaginations? If many others in society felt the same, the fear would be seen as healthy... just some ideas.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Oh! I definitley LIKE YOU! Someone who can think! There ARE a few other here who can do the same! As far as looking at it as an alternate interpretation based on a person or their logic or condition....I would concour with this...oh...by the way...I am a terrible speller. I can remember every musical note or lyric to THOUSANDS of songs or remember how to field strip a weapon....or weapons....I have not touched in years.....but don't ask me where I put my sun glasses.....or where did I put my keys?

As far as my name....you have touched on an issue which I have always had to battle.....TWO ME'S...I have always known this and in reality there are really THREE....as the SUBCONSCIENCE....is a force unto itself!

The difference between me and people who are like this also but are locked in a padded room...LOL!....is I know it....I understand it....and MOST IMPORTANTLY.....I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! So.....the THREE of us thank you for your reply. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

three the magic number, well the more a look the more a realize we are in the cuckoos nest. Just that nests grounds have always been a lot larger than we have been led to believe. thanks for sharing, and hope you enjoy the clip.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Oh! I definitley LIKE YOU! Someone who can think! There ARE a few other here who can do the same! As far as looking at it as an alternate interpretation based on a person or their logic or condition....I would concour with this...oh...by the way...I am a terrible speller. I can remember every musical note or lyric to THOUSANDS of songs or remember how to field strip a weapon....or weapons....I have not touched in years.....but don't ask me where I put my sun glasses.....or where did I put my keys?

As far as my name....you have touched on an issue which I have always had to battle.....TWO ME'S...I have always known this and in reality there are really THREE....as the SUBCONSCIENCE....is a force unto itself!

The difference between me and people who are like this also but are locked in a padded room...LOL!....is I know it....I understand it....and MOST IMPORTANTLY.....I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! So.....the THREE of us thank you for your reply. Split Infinity

Hey Split...what? There's three of you? Oh boy.....

But, you raise a good question... you know what, I don't really have an answer....The question might be to what extent they themselves know "deep down" that it wasn't real but they stick to their guns....and I don't mean that they deliberately try to mislead people, for them it is or was a real event. Question is why UFOs or abduction... why wouldn't they "make up" something else that's more readily believed by others... "I saw a flying saucer" for an excuse to have failed usually gets you into more trouble not less.... you're then either branded a jokester, who doesn't take his responsibilities seriously or a you're crazy... either way, you lose...

edit on 2-12-2011 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Ya! See...the problem with that guy...even though it is a movie....good one too!.....is he is letting it all in at the same time. And....he is thinking about all of it at the same time as well as all the interconnections. And....he can't handle the reality of it...that reality being....even though he is a smart guy....using the left side of your brain....to compute data coming from the right side of your brain....doesn't work well when one side is stronger than the other. But the other side is just strong enough to cause issues.

Balance is the key! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Ya! Ain't THAT a bitch! But there are three of you too. You just let each one have their time. It's when you start having interior ARGUEMENTS.....that a person will have ISSUES! Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Ya! Ain't THAT a bitch! But there are three of you too. You just let each one have their time. It's when you start having interior ARGUEMENTS.....that a person will have ISSUES! Split Infinity

I've added a little to my post above..scroll up...somehow it only posted the first line before...

and if I'm 3 people, the other 2 better start chipping in on the grocery bill... ;-)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I'm a normal guy, have a wife and daughter, a Master's Degree... like to cook... been abducted multiple times in my life...

My first abduction was at age 10... I have almost NO memory of the next two years of my life (don't even remember my third or fourth grade teachers). I was a happy, hard working kid, who after being abducted developed nervous ticks, inability to focus, extreme introversion. It completely changed my life for many years,

There were no other stressful events that I recall (no divorce, no changing cities or schools). I CLEARLY remember floating out my second story window seeing the craft floating about the telephone pole, and being pulled up by a green-light beam of some kind. I remember being inside the craft and the beings I interacted with.

Just my 2 cents.

ETA:
I think the MOST difficult aspect of all of it was that when I told my Dad he said, "ok, just do not ever tell anyone and I don't ever want to hear you mention it again." My whole family didn't know until I was in my late 20s. I'm now very open to the whole phenomena and conduct classes on ET research and lead counseling groups for abductees.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: added a part

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein

I'm a normal guy, have a wife and daughter, a Master's Degree... like to cook... been abducted multiple times in my life...

My first abduction was at age 10... I have almost NO memory of the next two years of my life (don't even remember my third or fourth grade teachers). I was a happy, hard working kid, who after being abducted developed nervous ticks, inability to focus, extreme introversion. It completely changed my life for many years,

There were no other stressful events that I recall (no divorce, no changing cities or schools). I CLEARLY remember floating out my second story window seeing the craft floating about the telephone pole, and being pulled up by a green-light beam of some kind. I remember being inside the craft and the beings I interacted with.

Just my 2 cents.

Thermo.... from your perspective... as having experienced it... do you think that the large number of abduction reports can be real? Do you have contact to other abductees and if so, do you have similar experiences? Do you have an explanation for the abduction, especially multiple ones?

I know that's all a little personal, so please answer to whatever extent you feel comfy with...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I'd say a lack of sleep and a vivid imagination.

Or maybe I haven't experienced an alien encounter as I've had before because the aliens know I no longer fear them. Thus no more contact. The aliens know I am waiting for them.

But if only a small percentage of people have had an encounter/abduction then why ask us?

Maybe you are talking about UFO sightings, do you think they are traveling in a realm similar to emotions?

Or do you think a dimension of emotion exists?

Kind of like what emotional state you are in, you observe time differently?

Are you talking about military encounters or civilian encounters? Or both? Do you think a UFO sighting at a military base is different than a ufo sighting out in the country side? Or are both encounters triggered in the same way?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

That is an amazing story and I had an ET encounter 3 years ago but nothing like you described but it was definitely very real, but since I hear most abduction cases have multiple abductions, I feel skeptical of mine, since they haven't come back.

But maybe I haven't been realizing all my life, I've been getting abducted.

Point being, if I knew of alien abduction groups in my area I would check it out. I've never heard of groups like that before.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Thermo....listen....I know E.T. and abductions to be a reality. I just don't know if a person who is on a board like this is telling the truth. I am not say you are lying...it is just a matter for a person to undergo an MRI and perhaps also a CT.....for another to know for certain they are being abducted.

I will take your word for it for the sake of this post. There is ALWAYS a reason why a person or family line of people become abductees. And I would not want to wish this on anyone! But real abductions are so rare that the odds dictate ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE LYING! So....I will ask this....have you been checked to see if you have been tagged? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

4711....the fact that there are THOUSANDS of people claiming to have been abducted by ALIENS.....is like a very big wrapped box undera tree on DEC. 25th. The Agency just LOVES THIS STUFF! People are doing their work for them!

I talked to one guy on another board who....HONESTLY BELIEVED....he was dating two girls from the PLEIADES CLUSTER.....and....yes....I HAD to google the spelling of the clusters name....even though I know the names of the SEVEN SISTERS....and if I can rememer....one is a double star so it is really EIGHT!.....this guy when confronted with some very easy and logical questions....FREEKED OUT!

From then on...I WAS WORKING FOR.....THEM....THEY....THE MAN!

So....I have a hard time with some stories. Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

4711....the fact that there are THOUSANDS of people claiming to have been abducted by ALIENS.....is like a very big wrapped box undera tree on DEC. 25th. The Agency just LOVES THIS STUFF! People are doing their work for them!

I talked to one guy on another board who....HONESTLY BELIEVED....he was dating two girls from the PLEIADES CLUSTER.....and....yes....I HAD to google the spelling of the clusters name....even though I know the names of the SEVEN SISTERS....and if I can rememer....one is a double star so it is really EIGHT!.....this guy when confronted with some very easy and logical questions....FREEKED OUT!

From then on...I WAS WORKING FOR.....THEM....THEY....THE MAN!

So....I have a hard time with some stories. Split Infinity

Split... trust me, I'm with you here. You know my stance anyways...and one of the biggest reasons why I'm such a "disbeliever" is the sheer number of sightings and abductions. It just doesn't make any sense... there is more UFO traffic than cars on the I-15 from LA to Vegas on a Friday afternoon.... You know from our discussions that I listen to every remotely reasonable argument... but the moment that I bring up that the number of sightings is way too large to be true, all of a sudden I'm the "troll" and a "government shill"... not that I care but I don't get the mind set.... and on top it puts everybody who has UFO experience in a bad light...and as you say... they save the "agency" (if there is such a thing) a bundle, because they don't need to hire dis-info agents... the UFO community does a much better job than they ever could...

But the psychological reason... I don't know really.. I don't have a good explanation...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

Or maybe I haven't experienced an alien encounter as I've had before because the aliens know I no longer fear them. Thus no more contact. The aliens know I am waiting for them.

But if only a small percentage of people have had an encounter/abduction then why ask us?

Maybe you are talking about UFO sightings, do you think they are traveling in a realm similar to emotions?

Are you talking about military encounters or civilian encounters? Or both? Do you think a UFO sighting at a military base is different than a ufo sighting out in the country side? Or are both encounters triggered in the same way?

All valid questions. But in this topic....I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue....that being....are people who are generally in a specific type of metal state or mood.....say...a person of little hope or resources and is sad.....or a person who is angry at say....the goverment or a company....as appossed to a basicly happy person who is carefree reguardless of conditions.....what are the percentages of these groups and others...that report being abducted?

If say a super high percentage is reported from a group of people who all watch UFO shows.....as appossed to a group of people who watch DRAMA and interpersonal relationship shows?

What are the percentages? Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
To OP reply: My parents brought me to get a "brain scan", after the ticks began affecting my life, and the Doctor was amazed that I had "a peak he'd never seen before". All I know is my Mom's report of the visit so that's about it. I do have Synethesia so it could account for the abnormality.

In general:
I believe there are two types of abductions - "Astral" and physical.
People who's bodies are taken up into ships (and returned alive) are very rare but we've seen a few cases over the years.
The other way is when some portion of the self is interacted with. This is how I experienced it I believe - it's not easy for people to know the difference. It's also difficult to prove because it's sort of like saying ok... I had a dream but it was REALLY real. People often think I was only dreaming. I'll explain how I know this is not the case, but right now I don't have the time. I'll check the thread tomorrow.

I have several threads on ATS about the subject and my personal experiences. Feel free to check out my threads on this account and on "NotReallyAlive" a previous account of mine.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Thermo Klein because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man

All valid questions. But in this topic....I am trying to get to the bottom of the issue....that being....are people who are generally in a specific type of metal state or mood.....say...a person of little hope or resources and is sad.....or a person who is angry at say....the goverment or a company....as appossed to a basicly happy person who is carefree reguardless of conditions.....what are the percentages of these groups and others...that report being abducted?

If say a super high percentage is reported from a group of people who all watch UFO shows.....as appossed to a group of people who watch DRAMA and interpersonal relationship shows?

What are the percentages? Split Infinity

Split... since you're trying to i.e. look at stats on "people in distress" vs. "carefree" (I think).. it would be interesting to see stats on

- do abduction reports go up when the economy is going down and down when the economy goes up
- what are the numbers economically stable vs. depressed regions
- have abductees had emotionally stressful experiences shortly before the abduction.. i.e. death of a family member, a divorce, job loss...

Not sure if such numbers exist....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well with that said, I would say certainly. I would also add 90-95% of UFO sightings can be explained by natural phenomenon, and I would say the same percentage of alien abductions.

However I think no one has been abducted by aliens...well let me rephrase that.

None of the abduction cases available on the internet are true...not saying someone couldn't be abducted...I'm saying show me a case.

I've had an alien encounter before or at least much different than a ghostly encounter, and I was alert and awake, however it was nothing like abductions I've read on the internet, mine was quite boring actually compared to being pulled onto a ship.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

And.....THERE IT IS....this person who is claiming to have been abducted....has a site for us to go to. THIS is when my training tells me something.

People who experience TRAUMA......whether it be physical or emotional....become VERY INTROVERTED! They do not tend to discuss it....unless their ABDUCTION EXPERIENCE is a tangible recalled MEMORY. I find that people who state that their abduction was on a PSYCHIC....DREAM STATE....or TELEPATHIC OR ASTRAL EXPERIENCE.....are either confused on a psychological or physically caused mental level....or....are in it for attention, money, feel important....or whatever.

The REAL ABDUCTE.....WITH A RELIABLE MEMORY....is like finding a four leaf clover....they are either abducted and learn of it through logical observations...such as ...LOST TIME....PHYSICAL TRAUMA....etc.

If they retain a viable memory....then they might talk...but not to the media! Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join