It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If s1876 passed would soldiers stand by the constitution?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Danbones

. Even if this bill passes the Senate the president will not, if for no other reason than he can't stand McCain.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Grimpachi because: correction

I heard that Obama will not sign it but I find that hard to believe it just seem like it would be to juicy to pass up a bill
that enables such a power grab.
Especially for him.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

. Most soldiers are young and they do not know what is in the Constitution but they would not willfully violate it. They follow what is called the UCMJ the Uniformed Code Of Military Justice. There are lawful orders and unlawful orders and if it is a unlawful order a soldier can refuse. I have refused a unlawful order before. I was brought up on charges but they were thrown out and the commander who issued those orders ruined his career.

I have never met a soldier that did not take his oath serious. The commander who tryed to get my squad to do something that was wrong beleived that he was in the right. It wasn't a matter of him knowingly issuing unlawful orders it was because he was an idiot.

Most NCOs will stand up to any unlawful order and risk their career. As a NCO I would never let my soldiers blindly violate the Constitution or UCMJ. As a NCO it was also my responsibility to judge what was lawful and unlawful because as I said before most young soldiers do not know.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

amen to that

its the idiots that are the one bad apples that spoil the bunch and there is the rub...
they don't know they are sacrificial too

as kissassinger the globalist said
OOR DUMB ANIMALS

tragic when the waste is GOOD MEN but the idiots HATE and FEAR good men so they waste them
It will be the good men that have to go against the good civies while the idiots laugh...
till the uber class cuts down the useless idiots afterwards..

the 1918 flu that killed so many returning vets in WW1 started on an army base from injected "Vaccines"

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
I'm just wondering if something like this might backfire for the people proposing it.
For example if soldiers were told to arrest civilians that they might turn around and arrest the officials in government.
I wonder about this since apparently support for Ron Paul among service men and women is very high and I suspect a great deal of them are a bit pissed that they have been used to further the agenda of nation building and globalization.
I'm just wondering if this will be the straw that breaks the camels back and the armed forces will side with the people.

The example you just gave is a very possible scenario. About 12 years ago myself and some other NCOs were talking about something along those lines when they were trying to pass a piece of legislation that we knew was wrong and every single one of agreed we would side with the citizens. Try to remember soldiers are citizens to, most are not planning to make a career out of the military. We would never turn on our own people as some believe.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Yes I have heard rumors about this that there are factions with in armed forces that are loyal to the citizens and it would be good news to hear this because the governments criminal corruption and ties to corporations seem to be reaching all time lows.
It would be nice to think if the SHTF that we the people might have somebody on our side with training and experience.

edit on 2-12-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

. It isn't so much there are factions within the service but I would say it's 99% of them. I would say 99.99% of the enlisted side. We're talking about the commissioned officers side of the military there are probably a few I would not trust. The reason for that is and some of the high-ranking positions they seem to be more politician than soldier.

For example I have read reports on how equipment like Dragon skin armor has been denied our troops when it is clearly superior than pinnacle armor. Tests were falsified or unfairly done to determine who was awarded the contract. I believe it was a colonel that signed off on this. You should have been court-martialed but instead I believe he retired and then went to work with pinnacle armor.

Those that are in high-ranking positions working with the defense industry that I do not trust. It seems some of these soldiers (officers) have forgotten their oath and are not really worthy of the uniform they wear.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
as much as many would like to believe otherwise..

the answer is shown throughout the world and history...

they will follow orders and enforce the will of the state.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Grim! Whats up broski! As always you speaking truth and honesty. And, again i re-enforce everything you stated about the nco scope of responsibility. People just dont know or understand the small everyday battles we fight. Always protecting against idiots via moral judgement. Also persueing punishment of those who violate the oath, the values, the creed , nco creed, and charge. It just blows my mind as to how many stumble and fight the decision of "the hard right and easy wrong"!

Take it easy bro.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join