It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smart Phones are spying on us....here is the LAWSUIT

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Well.. It started here:

Smart Phones are spying on us....here is the proof!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

which covered...
Your Smartphone Is Spying on You
news.yahoo.com...

and now, we're here:

Carrier IQ, HTC, Samsung hit with class-action lawsuits
www.computerworld.com...

CARRIER iQ, Inc. Sued in Class Action for Violation of Federal and State Privacy Statutes and Consumer Protection Laws by Horwitz, Horwitz & Paradis, Attorneys at Law and Kiesel Boucher & Larson LLP
www.globenewswire.com...

There's not all that much I wish to say about the topic except for this:

Thought ATS would like to see some justice every once in a while. Well, it may be too soon to call it that, but...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
i also noticed more carriers are offering only smart phones. regular cell phones are coming harder to come by.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Amen s/f op I just bought a smartphone and it is unreal, The personal info you have on your phone, phonebook, calls, messages, even storage settings have to be allowed for modification by 98% of the apps or else they want install or work. I have a compass on the phone that wont work unless I give it permission to read my contacts and messages etc..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Apple patent embeds thousands of cameras among LCD pixels

April 26th 2006

Oh Barry Fox, does a week ever go by when you don't find a great patent or two? Today the intrepid Mr. Fox manages to dig up an application by consumer-darling Apple for an LCD display embedded with thousands of microscopic image sensors that would allow users to video-conference while looking straight into the "camera." Data accumulated by the individual sensors would be stitched into actual images using special software, which will probably be bundled into future versions of iLife. Since the patent specifies almost as many sensors per screen as there are pixels, some of those sensors could have different focal lengths, with a defacto zoom lens created by switching between them. Apple goes on to suggest portable uses for the technology, such as employing the displays in cellphones and PDAs, so you can add another item to the list of features we'll be expecting from the iPhone and Newton 2.0 when they finally hit stores.

Apple's all-seeing screen

26 April 2006

We could soon see a new kind of display screen from computer maker Apple - one that simultaneously takes pictures while showing images.

The clever idea is to insert thousands of microscopic image sensors in-between the liquid crystal display cells in the screen. Each sensor captures its own small image, but software stitches these together to create a single, larger picture.

A large LCD screen filled with image sensors would be ideal for videoconferencing, Apple suggests, as participants would always appear to look straight into the "camera". The technique could also add a camera function to a cellphone or PDA without wasting space, and light from the screen should help illuminate a subject.

The more sensors there are, the wider and clearer the image. Sketches accompanying the company's patent show as many sensors as liquid crystal cells in a screen. If some of the sensors have different focal lengths, switching between them would make the screen behave like a zoom lens.

Read the full patent, here.

that patent;
appft1.uspto.gov... 2.PGNR.&OS=DN/20060007222&RS=DN/20060007222

Integrated sensing display

Abstract

An integrated sensing display is disclosed. The sensing display includes display elements integrated with image sensing elements. As a result, the integrated sensing device can not only output images (e.g., as a display) but also input images (e.g., as a camera).

1. A device comprising: a display area; an array of display elements located within the display area, each display element capable of displaying a pixel of information, either alone or in combination with other display elements; and an array of image elements located within the display area, each image element being capable of capturing visual information from a source in front of the display area; wherein each image element has a lens that does not interfere with any display elements.

2. The device of claim 1, wherein the image elements are located in a housing that isolates the image elements from the display elements.

3. The device of claim 2, wherein each image element is in its own housing.

4. The device of claim 3, wherein a row of image elements share a housing.

5. The device of claim 4, wherein the array of display elements is a formed in a deep encased cell structure.

6. The device of claim 1, wherein the array of display elements is a formed in a deep encased cell structure.

7. The device of claim 1, wherein the array of image elements is a formed in a plurality of deep wells or channels.

8. The device of claim 1 further comprising an image assembler that modifies the data that is received by the array of image elements.

9. The device of claim 1, wherein the image elements are dispersed within the display area such that they do not block any display elements.

10. The device of claim 1, wherein the image elements are dispersed within the display area in such a way that they prevent some pixels of information from being displayed.

11. The device of claim 1, wherein the device is used in a portable communication device.

12. The device of claim 11, wherein the portable communication device is a telephone.

13. The device of claim 11, wherein the portable communication device is personal digital assistant.

14. The device of claim 1, wherein the device is used in a computer monitor or a television.

15. A device comprising: an illumination area that includes at least one light source that emits light; and an array of image elements dispersed throughout the illumination area, each image element being capable of capturing visual information from a source in front of the illumination area; wherein the image elements are dispersed such that space in-between at least some image elements is able to emit light from the at least one light source of the illumination area.

16. The device of claim 15, wherein the device is a medical device.

17. A device comprising: a display area; an array of display elements located within the display area, each display element capable of displaying a pixel of information, either alone or in combination with other display elements; and an array of image elements located within the display area, each image element being capable of capturing visual information from a source in front of the display area.

18. The device of claim 17, wherein the image elements are located in a housing that isolates the image elements from the display elements.

19. The device of claim 18, wherein each image element is in its own housing.

20. The device of claim 18, wherein a row of image elements share a housing.

"anything within the public eye, even the most advanced is anywhere between 10-100 generations behind the upper echelon of actualized usable resources and assets."
edit on 2-12-2011 by 1825114 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I agree.... Regular cell phones are almost impossible to find, unless you get them second hand, or something.
I currently use a Blackberry, and have long since resigned myself to the fact that I'm being tracked.
I've had unmarked police cars parked outside of my house for weeks on end...... However, That's likely because of my blog..... But, I am followed quite frequently by 'unmarked' cruisers.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 1825114

wow, that is so cool!

I can't help but think.... pixel-Atom, Quantum, and wave collapse from observance. Hmmm

lol

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
They watch us at night o.o

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Good thing i still have old cellphones

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You can always give up the cell phone.

Second line

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It is ALL spying on you. Your television, your smartphone, your frigging windshield in your car, for gods sakes. No one wants to tell you that--oh, and your television,too--but, it's true. The worst part is the in-betweens--such as, going a step further and no one really cares if you do this or that--but your phone is tracking your locations, supposed to say if you were here or there when this or that happened. But what is you weren't the "you" in possession of your phone right then? There are many such obfuscations involved with current tech and what it is supposed to solve and tell us, when it's only complicated an already murky field.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
Well.. It started here:

Smart Phones are spying on us....here is the proof!,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

They aren't called smart phones for 'nothin. That is a derogitory name for people who are stupid enough to buy them.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Nt to hijack your thread, but case in point, there's a thread about testing for sociopaths genetically. Now, the testing proposed has many different angles so as to cover all bases (brain scans, psych MMPI etc). However, as per genetics, we have solid evidence of eugenic manipulation. And, to add to that, let's just say here and now, someone gave you a bone marrow transplant, then your genetics aren't quite what they were, are they?
Just making my point. Carry on, as I said, do not want to hijack your thread.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by moondoggy2

Fun isn't it...

About 6 years ago, I had the same thing(lasted for about a month)... but probably for different reasons. I remember pulling out my driveway, purposely going the wrong way into a dead end. Then I parked and waited to see what would happen. Then the unmarked cruiser creeped up the street and I hit him with the high beams, me and my friends had a laugh. Then the car parked immediately, so we drove slowly passed him and he wouldn't even look at us lol. A week later, 3 friends houses get raided. The best part was, there were no tickets or anything that resulted from all their work... hahah silly wrabbits, tricks are for kids.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am from the generation that didn't have cell phones until we were in our late 30s. My kids are so addicted to their phones, they freak out if they don't have them on them at all times. I personally dislike them.

I was happy when I found out that our cell phones don't work out here in the boondocks. We had to get a landline, and in my mother-in-law's back closet, we found a phone circa 1970, complete with rotary dial. It's clunky, it's heavy, but the mechanics are very simple. For calls requiring touch tone, we have an old cordless. I have become a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to technology. If I could find one of those weird old phones from the 1920s, I would use it. Those things were cool-looking.

The only time the phone is used is when we go somewhere, and we take it along only in case of emergency. It is a 4 year old Motorola Razr; simple, uncomplicated, but it works for its intended purpose.

Technology is the way TPTB are going to track the sheep. Our computers are home-built by my husband, so there are no tricks, traps, or anything else. Yes, I'm sure I'm tracked on the internet, but it's not a wireless system. Will I ever get a new phone with all those bells, whistles, and spyware? No. We have an extra Razr stored away.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So you have a smartphone. If you know how to use it then it can help, it might need to know something about you and your location of course otherwise it can't really help much.

They are your pc but in your pocket, what you didn't know that your home pc also knows a lot of your information?

All I read here is paranoia and lunacy. You do realise that your life is meaningless and that nobody, I repeat NOBODY gives a rats ass what you do, where you go, who you see or what you say. (well excluding your loved ones of course)

The only time you become of interest to the authorities is when you pose a high risk to others. Think about it, millions of people just going around doing their own thing and who has the time to look at all that data. Nobody, because nobody really cares if you went out and bought beer or sat in and cried.

Of course the second you need information, the second you are a victim in some way then of course you would demand that the authorities use all of their power to help you. Imagine if a family member was hurt by some terrorist incident, wouldn't you expect them to find the people responsible or would you prefer the event was stopped before it could happen by careful surveillance methods?

Some real idiots on here, idiots with double standards and idiots that believe their futile little lives actually add up to anything interesting to anyone else. If it was true then where are these millions upon millions of people that we would need to sift through the endless pile of data and who then checks the millions of people that check the data?

Enjoy wearing your tin foil hats.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ReeceIkyle

You are precisely right, in all your hatred and vitriole. That's the whole point, nobody cares---if I smoke something, and get raped or decapitated, you're absolutely RIGHT. Does that make you feel good. They are all watching us, watch you, and tell us how laxidaisical we all are, and the MACHINE is so much better, until it's your wife, girlfriend, father, brother......
Sorry you and your "discernment" are better left unsaid, but only by me....I don't think to speak for anyone else

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Nobody is watching you, I'm sorry to upset you. There simply are not enough people on the planet to watch everything everyone does. Nobody cares about your small insignificant life and nothing you say or do will change that.

Again, sorry to break it to you, you're just not that important.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Thank you so much, for you are precisely correct. Our "privacy" was long ago traded for all those who by cue and hypnotically cues picked our noses to relegate us to inconsequential so you could say that now, and no one would ever beieve what we had to say thereafter so you and yours could hijack humanity, enslave us and make us appear as deserving of that happening to us....
Congratulations to you who helped out the nobody cares philosophy, for you have saved us all....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

And no, see, I never thought I was. That's where you truly fail, trying to make anyone think I ever thought I was that important.....but see,,,, here's the thing....THEY are that important.....not me, not whatever was done to me, but how that was used to do the same to them, just to make you right, in controlling what naturally was fine before all the controls were instituted. So, you are precisely right, in this digression, it is OTHERS and the price they pay, that is far, far more important.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Reeceikyle is right. You guys are seriously being disturbingly extra paranoid.

Unless you're doing deals with Al-Qaeda, part of the Mexican cartels, or pushing kilos of dope - NO ONE CARES!

380 million people in this country. Why are some of you so egotistical to think that you're being watched? This is a conspiracy site and you are all on it. I see some of the most paranoid people posting crazy things on this site that they would think is heavy monitored by the authorities.

Smh. Seriously shaking my head. But if that's what you all want to do to yourselves and believe, then go for it.

Now don't get me wrong. Carrier IQ is messed up and I would like it off my phone too, but I'm not a terrorist so I have nothing to worry about.

Why are YOU ALL so worried? Seriously.

Paranoid schizophrenics.
edit on 12/2/2011 by impaired because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join