It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS member fights for real change!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Change has to start somewhere. Mayor of a large southern city would seem to be a good place. If we sit and do nothing, nothing is accomplished. Trying to change things, is at the very least, better than sitting behind one's computer saying "we can't change anything".

You go, whoever you are. Kick some, and take names.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Do you have any idea how careless that was? First you say you're not gonna identify the individual and then you post a news article with his name as a title. (!!!) Gotta love the american education system lol.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
i stopped reading after "Our Lady of Holy Cross College". Isn't it a sin to believe in conspiracy theories??

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Good luck Ricky Twiggs JR. You are certainly going to need lots of it. I commend you for putting your neck out there, if nothing else I think you will learn a lot through this experience and probably meet some wonderful people, as well as some not so wonderful people.

I sincerely hope you don't have a realization that it is impossible for you to win on merit alone, and that in order to win any political office you have to make concessions on things you swore you never would, and all that happens before you even get your name on a ballot. Then imagine how much more you have to concede once you got in office.

I hope something different happens for you, and I really hope that either way you will keep your head up afterwards.

Also I hope you are being honest with yourself, and not thinking in your own mind that you are going to actually change anything. What I mean is, be humble my man. Roll with the punches and stick to your guns. That advice won't get you anywhere in politics but it will help you sleep at night.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

I was asked not to reveal his ATS member name. Why would he have me post a thread with his name on that link and in my OP then at the same time ask me to conceal his personal identity? Use common sense.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am obviously the only one using common sense here. Go back to school man.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Indeed...but I'm sure many of us actually do know who he is
(Well facebook friends
)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm not a facebook friend of his and I don't think I've ever talked to him on ATS either. I just used intuitive deduction.

Correction: Actually, it's possible that I may have seen him in the old mutter thing (is that what it was called?) or in the chatroom perhaps. I can't recall any specific interactions tho.
edit on 12/6/2011 by eMachine because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I would very much like to know more about your positions on as many subjects as possible. I'm interested in everything, from any ideology you have, to solid solutions to current urban problems. While I live almost to the extreme north of New Orleans (Minnesota) many urban and other problems that government has to, or is expected to deal with translate well between States w/out an interpreter. So let loose on your ideas, objectives, and how you would address the current major problems of New Orleans today. If I like what you say, or even if I disagree with you on this or that I value smarts, let us all know. Perhaps I can help. Good Luck.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well I for one am going to help in anyway I can.
He stated his plan, did anyone read it?
I don't live in New Orleans but I can help.
I bet a lot of us could .
Think about it, Mayoral elections rarely have
any sizeable turn out. He's got two years to
get known. He's anti-corruption, (for real)
isn't that enough?
People are becoming more and more creative
with the way they reach the masses, especially
young people. I have faith.
I don't know him or care to know who he is on ATS. Thats apples and oranges.
I like what he says about changing the course of New Orleans.
So sign up for his email list.

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well, I finally had the chance to stop by. The member that is running for Mayor is myself. I have been busy with some serious issues that I have had to adjust and fix. I have not posted much on the blog and I think I will focus more on the Facebook end, but we will have see when things start to gear up this year. It should be a good and interesting year. It has been fun to read the comments and I hope that the support continues. It is honor to run for mayor of a city. I gave my friend Misoir permission to post this here, because it is a community of people who's company I enjoy. While I may disagree with most things I see on this site, I personally, think it is fun to hear different opinions and takes on things. Something that has helped me dramatically when in dialogue with people. I appreciate the support and I love the opposition. Thank you for the thread Misoir. It is an honor to have one of ATS's best write a thread about this. Sit back and enjoy the show everyone. I think it is going to be a very interesting and fun year.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Change has to start somewhere. Mayor of a large southern city would seem to be a good place. If we sit and do nothing, nothing is accomplished. Trying to change things, is at the very least, better than sitting behind one's computer saying "we can't change anything".

You go, whoever you are. Kick some, and take names.

I never suggested sitting around doing nothing. Millions of people over decades have gone into politics with the thinking they can change things, well we're still waiting. The only thing that changes is the politician, as they end up having to balance their career with their ideals. Their career generally wins.

Real positive change comes from community pressure through grassroots politics.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

I wish you all the best. Please don't take my comments personally. There are a lot of good people working in politics but I don't think it can be changed from the inside. The people with the money have all the control.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Agreed.

All politics are local.

In a complete aside: This may be the longest gap between a post and reply that I've ever had.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
20 years old is old enough to vote and fight in war, become a cop, firefighter, paramedic, then 20 years old is old enough to run for Mayor

good luck and I wish you the best in your campaign

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
In a complete aside: This may be the longest gap between a post and reply that I've ever had.

LOL I actually didn't notice the date till you pointed it out. Sorry I missed it before, luckily the Mayor posted a new reply putting it back on my subscribed thread list.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I never take any comments personally. Thank you so much for your comments though. It shows that people are thinking and want change, but do not know how it will come about. I share your same dilemma, but think that I can bring something a little different into the mix.

reply to post by HomerinNC

Thank you my good sir. I will absolutely try to win. I probably will not, but how many people can look back on their lives and say, "I ran for mayor, of a large city."

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
...but think that I can bring something a little different into the mix.

I hope you can, I really do. We need BIG changes though, so think big man.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Best of luck to you, sir. Knock 'em dead.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

This was the last post you made, even though you lost the election. Your threads here are very good, and contain information which extend the knowledge of the reader as well as of the subject. I'd hope you decide to come back someday and put up a few more threads of the same or even better (with age comes wisdom) quality. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join