It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS member fights for real change!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The city of New Orleans, Louisiana is being offered change, not the false wishy-washy change, I mean real change. A member of ATS (whose identity I have been asked to not reveal) has finally decided that enough is enough, he must take action! And so he has. This ATS member has launched a website for his run for Mayor of the ‘Big Easy’. He is young, intelligent, and a real glimmer of hope in this very dark political world of ours. But the corruption has not made him apathetic, no sir, instead it has inspired him to find hope in his fellow residents and attempt to make profound reforms that would make every New Orleanian and ATS member proud.

Ricky Twiggs, Jr. for Mayor

My name is Ricky Twiggs Jr. and I am a psychology student as Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Many have asked why I have chosen to put my name in the political ring, especially so early on (reelection is not for another two years). The answer is that I must. Unlike the other candidates, I do not have any strong supporters nor am I financially capable of starting any later than now. Because I am so young, it is also quite important to me to prove to the city that my intention to run is serious. If I were to wait until the year of mayor landrieu’s reelection, I would not be nearly enough to time for you to get to know me nor prove myself. My intention, like the other candidates, is to win…

If you are one of the residents of this great American city do your duty by researching this young man. Hopefully he can inspire other ATS members to not give up on our political system just yet and become active to create real change.

Congratulations to this member of ATS, he will surely make us all proud!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
We need more people to start doing what he's doing. He is the change our planet needs.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Pics or it didnt happen

Kidding, Great Job ATSer (I will find out who you are)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
This would be a great moment for modern history if someone like him changed the political climate of his country. I live in Britain so this wouldn't effect me but that doesn't mean I wouldn't support and believe that one underdog honourable politician could influence many more to try to be just that.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
The city of New Orleans, Louisiana is being offered change, not the false wishy-washy change, I mean real change. A member of ATS (whose identity I have been asked to not reveal) has finally decided that enough is enough, he must take action! And so he has. This ATS member has launched a website for his run for Mayor of the ‘Big Easy’. He is young, intelligent, and a real glimmer of hope in this very dark political world of ours. But the corruption has not made him apathetic, no sir, instead it has inspired him to find hope in his fellow residents and attempt to make profound reforms that would make every New Orleanian and ATS member proud.

Ricky Twiggs, Jr. for Mayor

My name is Ricky Twiggs Jr. and I am a psychology student as Our Lady of Holy Cross College. Many have asked why I have chosen to put my name in the political ring, especially so early on (reelection is not for another two years). The answer is that I must. Unlike the other candidates, I do not have any strong supporters nor am I financially capable of starting any later than now. Because I am so young, it is also quite important to me to prove to the city that my intention to run is serious. If I were to wait until the year of mayor landrieu’s reelection, I would not be nearly enough to time for you to get to know me nor prove myself. My intention, like the other candidates, is to win…

If you are one of the residents of this great American city do your duty by researching this young man. Hopefully he can inspire other ATS members to not give up on our political system just yet and become active to create real change.

Congratulations to this member of ATS, he will surely make us all proud!

Well where I come from, the higher up you are the more corrupt!
another corrupting official or they would not be on the scene?
WAKE UP!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Kidding, Great Job ATSer (I will find out who you are)

I know who he is and I won't say, simple because I was asked not to, but believe me.. he's genuinely one of the best and most intelligent posters this website has seen. And just an awfully great guy too!

Congrats and good luck to him in the future is what I say.

edit on 2-12-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I do have to say at twenty years old, this isnt a job where you can learn on the job IMO. He hasnt a chance. No one would take him seriously as nor would I at that age. Afterall, he is just one year removed from being a teenager.(You know, that period in life where you THINK you know everything?)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I came up with a great campaign slogan for this man-------Sticks and stones may break your bones,but Twiggs will never hurt you!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

At the age of 20, one does not have the required experience IMHO.
Is he 20 years old?
You really think thats old enough to hold this position?
Really?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but do you really think anything will change by running for mayor other than for the mayor, if he becomes mayor that is?

'The system' is controlled by people far further up the chain of command than a mayor. Start rocking the boat and you'll find yourself all over the front pages with some scandal or other.

The system cannot be changed from the inside. Sorry to be so pessimistic, but that is unfortunately the reality.

I do wish him all the luck in the world though, if nothing else the experience will be worth it...

edit on 12/2/2011 by ANOK because: grammar

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

In my opinion age is just a number.. but yeah, that's just my opinion which you asked for.

Like I said previously though, I know who this guy is and I can honestly say he's one of the most Intelligent posters I've ever seen on this website. Whether he has success now or further down the line is something that we'll only know when we see.. but success is something I'm sure he'll experience at some point still.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

I agree 100%. The system is what it is. You are nothing more than a puppet, all the way up to the potus.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Age has nothing to with it, most of the current politicians are old farts and the results are what we have.

RT is a great person armed with a genuine heart, a sharp intellect, incredible attention to detail, followthrough, and virtuous intentions ... that alone would get him my vote if I resided where he is running for office.

I wish him well and highly respect his courage to participate.

Good luck RT.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
No reflection upon Mr. Twiggs--good luck, in the most sincere sense. However, wish we could come up with a new term for what he proposes, for just in the phonetic sense, like so much in ths world that seems to have a double entendre and in these times means the opposite of what it says....change always makes me think of a chain of ge.......whatever that may mean, but certainly the opposite of not what we are now experiencing....
Anyhow, good so see someone so young willing to make such a charge and foray into what is a difficult and, at best, murky situation.
edit on 2-12-2011 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If he gets elected,he will have to pass on the champagne drinking inauguration,he is not of legal age to partake.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Well said. Ok I agree one day he will probably have a great career in politics. And yes, age is just a number, however experience is what matters. Thats like saying a six year old could do it because age is just a number IMO. I wish him nothing but luck though for sure

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
If he gets elected,he will have to pass on the champagne drinking inauguration,he is not of legal age to partake.

Or like every other politician he will be ABOVE the law

Second.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
best of luck to the guy, but being 20 yrs old and running for mayor of a sizable US city seem's very naive.
also i think we all know how people in positions of power get there.

i think our friend Mr Twiggs will have to make some adjustment's to his moral compass if he want's to get anywhere with this.
but good luck anyway.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This doesn't actually sound that great to me. Unlike the people who will blindly support someone just because of this persuasive sneaky approach, I will not.

First of all, he's not actually putting forward a working plan, he's just adopting the same methods of the other politicians by saying things like, and I quote "We need a chance, we need a new idea, we need a new foundation, and we need action." This sounds great and all but it's incredibly vague and could be twisted into anything. It's not a plan, it's a psychological trick to win support illegitimately.

The ground on which this cities issues and problems lay upon must be tore up and restructured, it needs to be constructed slowly and carefully; measured by the rule and the square.

What? Isn't that what they wanted to do after Katrina? Bulldoze everything and rebuild N.O. into a "new city"? The people there were trying to get the law to protect them from the government coming in to bulldoze over 10,000 homes in the 9th Ward and 'steal their land' according to a quick Google search. Sure you could say he is just being metaphorical but is he? This guy is a psychology major at a Roman Catholic "liberal arts" college, which is extremely suspicious within itself.

Also I am pretty sure the 'square' is a 'ruler', and what he really meant was the compass and the square.

Check out his facebook page under his name: his favorite books are all teaching manipulation tactics and how to be persuasive.
"How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie??
"Tricks of the Mind" ?
"Body Language"?
"Influence the Psychology of Persuasion"?

This is looking very bad for him already. It's almost as if he has been studying how to persuade and manipulate people's perception. Very suspicious.

I will not be fooled by this silliness. All he posts are mostly quotes from people who he knows we agree with, in hopes to convince us to agree with him? No thanks. I prefer candidates that have strong positions and outlined plans to solve problems and who can also come up with their own original ideas without having to rely entirely on quotes.

He's still in school according to this stuff? And you want to put this naive kid in control of a city of how many people so he can 'rebuild' everything?

He didn't even major in political science, civics, history, or anything important to good governance, he picked Psychology! Has he been sitting in on city council meetings every month? Does he even have a clue how the city works? Does he know the budget concerns? What about the water supply and power grid infrastructure issues? How would he handle the law enforcement agencies?

I don't like the sounds of any of this at all.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Age has nothing to with it, most of the current politicians are old farts and the results are what we have.

RT is a great person armed with a genuine heart, a sharp intellect, incredible attention to detail, followthrough, and virtuous intentions ... that alone would get him my vote if I resided where he is running for office.

I wish him well and highly respect his courage to participate.

Good luck RT.

I guess his study of psychology has gained him the ability to persuade folks without much effort.

He doesn't seem genuine, where are his ideas and plans? Let me review his original statements please.

His intellect doesn't seem very sharp, nor does he pay very much attention to detail:

The ground on which this cities issues and problems lay upon must be tore up and restructured, it needs to be constructed slowly and carefully; measured by the rule and the square.

Cities? He meant "city's", possessive not cities plural.
And it's the square and compass, because the square is a ruler.

Follow through with what? Examples?
Virtuous intentions? A psychology major who wants to be mayor with virtuous intentions?

I have had enough manipulation honestly, we need actual practical problem solvers not fancy talking persuasion experts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join