It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LAPD Officer Captured on Video Pointing Gun at Citizen Journalist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
When I first saw the title of this video I thought it was sensationalized but after watching the it a few more times this officer seemed way out of line and in my opinion the title is fitting since the officer points his gun at the protester.

You can tell he was embarrassed after the crowd started chanting at him and rightfully so. I'm sure some members will think this isn't a big deal but this was a peaceful protest not a violent riot.

Perhaps he was just pointing with the flashlight on his his gun. You be the judge.

I thought I would add this since it kind of fits with the theme. Here is the LAPD desecrating an American flag, they just hack it down like a rag.

A sign of things to come? I hope not.

I find this video to be symbolic in certain ways.

[
edit on 2-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Some people will defend the police officer, but riot police should only be used to stop riots, not intimidate protesters. Have some police on hand, fine, leave the freaking big guns.

Both the police and protesters are more friendly with each other when the police don't come in riot gear.
edit on 2-12-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
there is just way to many cops out there now a days that are on a power trip. They need to learn they are not above the laws

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I'm curious to hear the logic behind anyone trying to justify this officer's actions. I don't think the police should be pointing loaded rifles at unarmed protesters who are being peaceful.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by CREAM

I'm curious to hear the logic behind anyone trying to justify this officer's actions. I don't think the police should be pointing loaded rifles at unarmed protesters who are being peaceful.

you shouldent be pointing a gun at anyone unless there a threat to your life. I just dont see that here.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Perhaps he was just pointing with the flashlight on his his gun. You be the judge.

I think that is exactly what he was doing. The way and place he chose to do it shows the world that the LAPD is in some serious need of remedial training on weapons handling for some of it's officers. I swear I can see him look a little sheepish when he's first busted on using it as a super-long flashlight though in whatever he was scanning above and behind the camera.

I'd also note that was off color, even in the night vision. Looks like one of the green guns, which they have so many of out there. As I recall...Green in LA denotes rubber bullet ammo. Painful thing to have hit at THAT range.

Perhaps this officer needs some time exploring the exciting world of traffic control and parking enforcement until he has absorbed some lessons in basic muzzle discipline and weapon control we all would have assumed a Police Officer in one of the largest departments in the world would already know.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
He should be stripped of his riot gear, guns, Kevlar...everything. Then face the business end of a gun held by a complete stranger.

How does it feel little man? Bet you'll think twice next time...or not.

Peace

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Some people will defend the police officer, but riot police should only be used to stop riots, not intimidate protesters. Have some police on hand, fine, leave the freaking big guns.

Really? I have to say, that the video just begins with the officer raising both his gun and a flashlight at the same time. It's hard to say what went on before the video began, it's almost as if it was staged to begin that way. How do we know this wasn't edited to show what went on just before this happened?

Honestly, I hate these kinds of videos, because you know darn well as I do we don't see the whole story to the situation.

Both the police and protesters are more friendly with each other when the police don't come in riot gear.

But, was there a reason for it that we are not aware of?

This video raises way too much speculation, of which none of us are privy.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
YES you just be accustomed to this kind of behaviour, the sheeples won't resist, so what is there to stop em? You will get what you deserve.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

Originally posted by CREAM

Really? I have to say, that the video just begins with the officer raising both his gun and a flashlight at the same time. It's hard to say what went on before the video began, it's almost as if it was staged to begin that way. How do we know this wasn't edited to show what went on just before this happened?

Honestly, I hate these kinds of videos, because you know darn well as I do we don't see the whole story to the situation.

But, was there a reason for it that we are not aware of?

This video raises way too much speculation, of which none of us are privy.

First off, the flashlight is mounted onto the Rifle. It's purpose is to illuminate the area in which you are aiming your weapon. You can find several types of flashlight rifle mounts here. Rifle mounted Flashlights

Secondly.... it makes no difference WHY he did it. It is illegal and it is a threat. If you dont believe me, go out and aim a firearm at someone and see what happens. I will get your your bail money ready.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I agree with your description. He was aiming his gun not the flashlight. You can aim a flashlight without aiming down the scopes. You can tell he realized his mistake and tried to make it look like he was "illuminating" instead of aiming his weapon, at least that's my perception of it after watching a few times.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I added a video to my OP just in case any of you that have already posted missed it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Secondly.... it makes no difference WHY he did it. It is illegal and it is a threat. If you dont believe me, go out and aim a firearm at someone and see what happens. I will get your your bail money ready.

Once again, we are not aware of what happened before the video started.

Perhaps he had a reason to point both the weapon and flashlight attachment.

It still seemed staged to me, like he was responding to a threat from the crowd just before the cameras started rolling.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Same protest. Similar situation. Police assault a photographer and then arrest him and charge him with assaulting police officers.

edit on 2/12/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

He deserved that, we didn't see what happened before it was filmed

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

reply to post by PsykoOps

He deserved that, we didn't see what happened before it was filmed

How do we even know this was the same people, any of them from your original clip?

We don't.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

How do we even know this was the same people, any of them from your original clip? We don't.

Please show me where I said it was the same people.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

No, please tell me how it is relevant to your thread.

Are you losing so much steam here that you have to introduce crap that doesn't even apply?

Something to consider.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

edit on 2-12-2011 by Mikehawk because: wrong thread

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine

No, please tell me how it is relevant to your thread.

Are you losing so much steam here that you have to introduce crap that doesn't even apply?

Something to consider.

The quote of mine you posted is in reference to the video a member provided a couple posts above yours. I was responding to his video. So how did I introduce "crap" when the video you are referring to wasn't even mine

edit on 2-12-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join