It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ORGANIZATIONS: Chechen Separatists Say �Third Force� Behind Terrorist Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Akhmed Zakayev, an aide to Chechen seperatist leader has offered his perspective upon recent events.

www.mosnews.com
Akhmed Zakayev, a special envoy to Chechen separatist leader Aslan Maskhadov has said that �a third force that brought Russian President Vladimir Putin to power� is behind all the terrorist attacks committed in Russia over the past two weeks. London-based Zakayev said this in an exclusive interview with the Caucasus Times newspaper, printed in Prague, Czech Republic.

Zakayev believes that the twin aircraft crash last week, the blast near Rizhskaya metro station on 31 August and today�s events in North Ossetia are links in the same chain and that �the same power that wants to destabilize the situation in the North Caucasus region� is behind them.

A militant Muslim group called the Islambouli Brigades earlier claimed responsibility for downing two passenger plains and for the bomb blast in Moscow. The legitimacy of the group and the authenticity of such statements have not been verified.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yet again we are presented with a multitude of stories. It is getting harder and harder to decide what to believe!!

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I dont know what to think now,
I heard so many different stories in the last few days im confused. I feel sorry for the Russian people

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:28 AM
link   
When someone American commits crimes that are considered to be an atrocious behavior, it is Americans who investigate, pursue, arrest, try and sentence these individuals, according to the nature of the crimes committed, in a court of law.

If Russia needs our help in tracking these individuals down who are responsible in the planning and implementation of this horrific event that unfolded this past week, I will be gladly to give my support to her. I still can't fathom the thought that anyone is so despicable to involve the innocence of children in their demented pursuits of their so called "fight for Independence".

Chechnya doesn't deserve freedom. The entire region should be barricaded and the inhabitants forbidden to leave. The use of force should be used and required, if necessary.

Until their leaders commit to sincere peace efforts and bringing these crimininal individuals who are responsibe for this terrible event to justice, they should all be considered criminals.

[edit on 6/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
ugh, could they be implying about the NWO putting putin in office?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Intel,

I think they tried barricading them in etc....don't know if it had the desired effect!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
ugh, could they be implying about the NWO putting putin in office?

My guess is: russian mafia. They control drug trade, child slavery, human traficking world wide, high level crime (involvment of goverment officials etc, etc), murders, assasinations, various other criminal activities. If what he says is true, it is probably the mafia.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by KhieuSamphan
Intel,

I think they tried barricading them in etc....don't know if it had the desired effect!!!!

Force any aircraft or shoot them down if you have to. Fire upon any vehicles that tries to leave.

Use armed air patrols of the area and ask no questions to fire upon them, in the event that anyone tries to leave.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Thats gonna be one massive prison camp!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This sounds like nothing more than the Chechen Terrorists trying to salvage some kind of positive PR from an operation gone horribly wrong. The Chechens obviously had hoped that their siege of the school would either place immense pressure on the Russians to negotiate, or that the Russians would refuse to negotiate and then storm the building thus allowing the Chechens to claim that the Russian government's heavy handedness caused the death of the children. However, it appears that the terrorists screwed up and that one or more of their explosive devices detonated first, forcing the Russian spec ops to go in. The Chechens now realize that their cause has been horribly damaged by that mistake, and are trying to shift blame somewhere, anywhere else. Of course the die-hard NWO believers here on ATS will buy into it but the rest of the world won't. I think the Chechen separatist movement just shot itself in the head on this one.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
From what I read in yesterdays paper, (not always foolproof I know but) some eyewitnessess said the terrorists changed into civilian clothes, presumably to make escape easier, then lobbed a grenade into a crowd of hostages, that's when it all kicked off. That doesn't sound like militants trying to force the issue, that sounds like terrorists who were intending to slaughter all along. To try and stir up some conspiricy is facetious in the extreme, although it's a good indicator that the Chechen leaders are perhaps trying to distance themselves from such extreme actions, strange when you consider most terror organisations get off on the depths of their atrocities, all the better to spread fear, and are usually anxious to claim responsibility.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
It doesn't make sense for putin to be behind the attacks, especially after Alu Alkhanov, the Kremlin-backed candidate won the election and it looked as though Chechnya might finally have a chance to stabilize.

It's true the west had covertly supported and the war in Chechnya hoping for an independant state in order to gain a foot hold on the worlds largest untapped energy resource, the caspian sea basin, which at the time was exclusivly tapped by russia and iran. however, with the soon to be completed BTC (Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan) pipeline (2005) which taps the basin and runs through azerbaijan, georgia, and turkey, to tankers in the mediterranean sea, where the west is hoping to recieve 1 million barrels/day for the next 40 years, it leaves little reason for the west to support any Chechen uprising.

IMO the russian attacks could only have come from one source, the rebels inside Chechnya, no longer with support from the west, but possible support from a new source, OBL.

-raven

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Yesterday, there was a quote in this BBC article from a Russian Defense paper which basically said the same thing (so it's not just Chechens) and pointed to western involvement. The strange thing is I went to the link today to quote it here, and that particular quote has been removed. Hmm...

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally by paperclip

My guess is: russian mafia. They control drug trade, child slavery, human traficking world wide, high level crime (involvment of goverment officials etc, etc), murders, assasinations, various other criminal activities. If what he says is true, it is probably the mafia

I believe the Russian Mafia ARE Russia's biggest problem. They need to be eradicated one way or another.

I don't think boxing Chechens in will really solve anything , just look at Israel it hasn't stopped the attacks it'll more likely act as a catalyst for further attacks.

By doing that you're punishing all Chechens when it's only a minority who've committed these crimes. BTW not all Chechens are Muslims, some want independence others don't. It's only the extremist elements you need to box in, besides Russia isn't innocent of committing atrocities in Chechnya either.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Intelearthling:
I have decided that you don't deserve freedom. The police should surround your house to make sure that you don't go out and commit any terrorist activities. They should cut your power and means of communication so you can't engage in terrorist conspiracies. You should be forced to live like this until you see the error of your ways. If you try to resist, it will only prove the case against you. Of course I'm being sarcastic; but you have absolutely no right to decide that you deserve freedom while Chechens do not. Until Everyone is free, No One is free.

join