It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire United States is now a war zone: S.1867 passes the Senate with massive support

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

They are the ones that have declared war on us, not the other way around. It is time for us to step up to the plate and defend ourselves! I, and people like me have been saying that this was going to happen eventually. I don't sound like such a quack anymore, now do I? 93 to 7? Sickening. These men have just showed us who our true enemy is, and Radical Islamic Extremists, pale in comparison to the evil of the men who would stomp our necks with the bootheel of despotism!
I wonder if I will be thrown into prison indefinitely, without a trial, just for saying that...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

....if you break the law, you will be hunted down and captured and detained. Now if you threaten national security I hope they would step it up a bit. Wouldn't want my kids school to get bombed because some tard is thinking, 'Now hold on guys, he's an American and is entitled to rights. Lets go and get a warrant and come back. I know it'll take 30 mins, but I'm sure he won't do anything by then.'

If you obey the law, then you have nothing to worry about. If you have something to hide, you might need to worry. Now if you obey the law and pay your taxes and think the govt is out to get you for no reason...then you are a nut.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I guess im going to learn what its like to live in germany in 1938.

I like the idea of having a French Resistance then..... Anyone up for La Resis-tonce

2nd
edit on 2/12/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
www.govtrack.us... this will help keep track of the bill, just the Senate has passe it, lets hope it dies the death it deserves for it has to many open to interpretation items, 1031 and 1032 are the ones i am looking into

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

no not indefinitely just until , and when they, the GOV decides, hostilities have ended, but yea off to Git MO you go using belligerent language, sham on you, bad bad person, just saying that to make a point, your not bad at all, your just saying it as it is.

edit on 3-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Okay, other things I am reading say Rand Paul got the amendment most concerning about the arrest and detention of citizens taken out. Does anyone know anything on this? Is the bill sitting with what we all hate the most about it or isn't it? I'm getting lost trying to keep track of seemingly contradictory reports about it?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

With the Feinstein Amendment Section 1032 now has this as a clause:

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

In other words -- United States Citizens are excluded from the language of 1031 and 1032.

Post Script
Though I have a feeling it won't matter to many here because they are still deriving their information from third-party sources that are fanning the flames. Though if you are associated with Al Qaeda then that is a different story.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

the only amendment that was taken out besides [Udall clear up the terms or meaning of] , was how long one could or would be detained, that is until the Gov says hostility's have ended. it is no longer indefinitely.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I appreciate the information on that. That amendment would seem to address the primary issue I personally carried about this. I never had any issue with military detention or detention for the duration of the war if someone comes here from outside the United States to make war against us. Screw 'em. They took their chances when they made that final decision to cross a U.S. border with that intent.

It would appear American citizens are then covered by the rights we always have been and that is as it should be. Unless someone can cite something equally specific to contradict your citation there, I suppose I'll feel better about this now. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
who ever voted in favor of this needs to be hunted down and shot immediately.

I would not say that if I was you and I live in the US with this bill passing. It sucks but it looks like at the very least you will end up on a list...

Wow... I agree with purplemer... You really shouldn't make public statements that involve threatening protected persons. Seriously. I saw a fella get a one month forensic assessment in prison for making a comment like that about Bush junior before his trip to Halifax Nova Scotia. In Canada! For a threat to an American. You potential threatened 93 protected people in the U.S. as an American citizen. I'd write a retraction post if I were you for as much as it would be worth. Hope your secrets are well kept because big brother is watching you. Tape the laptop cam and disconnect your Xbox kinnect.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake

Yup seen that...
Pretty sickening how 93 of them are for it. In my region only OR was against it...wow.

Yea I saw that. I am very thoroughly disgusted about it. I can not stand these professional thoroughbred whores any longer.

As a country, we need to start prosecuting for treason again. Just imagine how the winds would change, with the public hanging of an elected official convicted of treason. (yes it is legal to hang someone for treason.) Our elected officials would be much more wary of the nefarious things they do to benefit themselves and the corporate whore lobbyists that 'donate' exorbitant amounts of money to them.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
At first i was like yay, they DIDN"T pass it.
Then I read on and yup, 93 votes in to pass it in the Senate.

What is WRONG with people??????? I'm truly terrified now. Truly.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
ok. so it's official then? we US citizens are not included in this bill? i mean...there sure was an awful lot of hooplah over this (and i got caught up in it myself). it is very relieving to find out that they are not planning on waterboarding me for my obviously terroristic supply of food in case of a natural disaster.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
newsvoice.se...

"This bill, passed late last night in a 93-7 vote, declares the entire USA to be a ”battleground” upon which U.S. military forces can operate with impunity, overriding Posse Comitatus and granting the military the unchecked power to arrest, detain, interrogate and even assassinate U.S. citizens with impunity." - NewsVoice

www.opencongress.org...

Open Congress provides detailed information as well as the Bill itself for those who wish to analyze it.

With the majority vote of 93-7, I believe that it can not be veto'd. However, this Bill must survive 60 days without opposition before it becomes law. Many will argue that such laws have been enacted long ago, and that this is nothing new. However I personally feel that this is the frog in boiling water situation.
"It happened before." "It won't affect me." And other similar statements enable tyranny.
To all those who feel that this is a serious matter, and would like to do something about it, we must spread awareness and contact our Senators with petitions.

[For those curious what other sources are saying.]

CNN
www.cnn.com...

Fox News
video.foxnews.com...

Huffington Post
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yahoo News
news.yahoo.com...

NPR
www.npr.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
[In regard to the debate over whether or not S.1867 applies to U.S. Citizens]

Christopher Anders, senior legislative counsel of the ACLU, explains the problem.
“The exclusion on Section 1032 only applies to 1032. It doesn’t apply to 1031,” he says. “And that only makes it worse, because any judge is going to say, ‘Of course, members of Congress meant for American citizens to be detained because if they didn’t, they would have put in the exception they put in one section later.’ ”

Excerpt from a comment written by "Sig" in response to the News Voice article.
Sig's Source: www.commondreams.org...

"The legislation also would give the government the authority to have the military hold an individual suspected of terrorism indefinitely, without a trial." - Excerpt from the NPR article.

“I'm very, very, concerned about having U.S. citizens sent to Guantanamo Bay for indefinite detention.” - Sen. Rand Paul in response to S.1867
edit on 3-12-2011 by TheShovel because: I forgot the header.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster
You can see here at www.senate.gov that it has passed.

Final vote

93 Yea
7 Nay

The link also includes how the senators voted.

I am expecting the Christian Holocaust to begin to take place soon. All those FEMA coffins and Mobile Coroners, FEMA camps, and then this bill passing. The only thing left standing in the way of this Totalitarian government will be the christians because we will not obey these laws if they conflict with God's laws, so i expect they will be rounding us up post haste and then begin destroying whats left of any religious resistance thats left barring the way to absolute power. That being said they've just about achieved absolute power and this bill is one of the last nails in the coffin. The very last nail in the coffin will be when they implement martial law, which will be the next step.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I think we now know what the FEMA camps are for.

Looks like we will be able to single out the "traitors to the people" who vote for these measures.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If S1867 is primarily a defence spending bill,

why is it that we see unrelated and semi-related items inside?

can someone explain the reasons they do this?

why not seperate bills for the side issues?

it must be to keep people confused and unaware of hidden agendas.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
If S1867 is primarily a defence spending bill,

why is it that we see unrelated and semi-related items inside?

can someone explain the reasons they do this?

why not seperate bills for the side issues?

it must be to keep people confused and unaware of hidden agendas.

The practice of attaching non-defense items to a Defense Authorization bill is a long held practice. Pretty much any proposed bills that would disallow this practice either never make it out of committee or are easily defeated.

Basically it is the easiest bill to put pork and pet projects into because politically, no one wants to vote down paying for the troops -- at least that is the line given.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheShovel
[In regard to the debate over whether or not S.1867 applies to U.S. Citizens]

Christopher Anders, senior legislative counsel of the ACLU, explains the problem.
“The exclusion on Section 1032 only applies to 1032. It doesn’t apply to 1031,” he says. “And that only makes it worse, because any judge is going to say, ‘Of course, members of Congress meant for American citizens to be detained because if they didn’t, they would have put in the exception they put in one section later.’ ”

I disagree with Mr. Anders' here. Section 1031 is specific on applicability.

Section 1031(b) Covered Persons:

(b) COVERED PERSONS.—A covered person under this section is any person as follows:
(1) A person who planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored those responsible for those attacks.
(2) A person who was a part of or substantially supported al-Qaeda, the Taliban, or associated forces that are engaged in hostilities against the United States or its coalition partners, including any person who has committed a belligerent act or has directly supported such hostilities in aid of such enemy forces.

Now I know the Government can trump up charges -- but that is where Section 1031(e) would step in and you would be able to defend yourself in a civilian court against the charges that try to paint you as any of the above covered persons.

Section 1031(e):

(e) AUTHORITIES.—Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities, relating to
the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States.

That portion right there clearly states that nothing in section 1031 can be construed to "affect existing law or authorities". So why is the ACLU still fanning the flames with this?

“I'm very, very, concerned about having U.S. citizens sent to Guantanamo Bay for indefinite detention.” - Sen. Rand Paul in response to S.1867

I commend Sen Paul -- but can you tell me when that quotes you have used were said? Was it prior to or after the final bill that passed the Senate? If they are after, they are spinning it now for political points.
edit on 3-12-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join