It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The entire United States is now a war zone: S.1867 passes the Senate with massive support

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Just after a little clarification. I thought this bill was not passed and now I am reading it has been passed. Can someone over the pond explain this.... Is this article being misleading or it this the reality of the situation.

This is one of the most tragic events I have written about since establishing End the Lie over eight months ago: the horrendous bill that would turn all of America into a battlefield and subject American citizens to indefinite military detention without charge or trial has passed the Senate.

To make matters even worse, only seven of our so-called representatives voted against the bill, proving once and for all (if anyone had any doubt remaining) that our government does not work for us in any way, shape, or form. S.1867, or the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for the fiscal year of 2012, passed with a resounding 93-7 vote.

That’s right, 93 of our Senators voted to literally eviscerate what little rights were still protected after the PATRIOT Act was hastily pushed in the wake of the tragic events of September 11th, 2001

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It's not passed yet.

It needs to pass the house and Obama to sign it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

after a quick search, it's only mentioned in 2 mainstream sites so far.

National Defense Authorization Act: White House Renews Veto ...www.huffingtonpost.com/.../national-defense-authorization-act_n_11...

1 hour ago – The Senate voted 93-7 Thursday night for the legislation. ... Department, and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan in the fiscal year that began Oct. 1. .... StewSays The #Senate is now voting on final passage of S.1867, the National Defense ... ioerror The 2012 National Defense Authorization Act is #ed. ...
Get more results from the past 24 hours
White House accuses Senate of 'political micromanagement ...www.washingtonpost.com/...defense-bill.../gIQAit7xJO_story.html

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

So the article is misleading.. Thank you. Is it likely to go through now or is there a lot of resistance from the politicains and people. It looks like something out Nazi Germany to me..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
who ever voted in favor of this needs to be hunted down and shot immediately.

I would not say that if I was you and I live in the US with this bill passing. It sucks but it looks like at the very least you will end up on a list...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I guess im going to learn what its like to live in germany in 1938.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'm waiting until they try to outlaw guns. Heaven help us all when that day comes.
edit on 2-12-2011 by WienelPistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
It's times like these where I really do wish V from V for Vendetta was real, so these globalist tyrannical treasonist scum can be hunted down, and their temple of corruption can crumble on their evil heads.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I personally wish the Daemon books were real. I would die such a happy man.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You can see here at www.senate.gov that it has passed.

Final vote

93 Yea
7 Nay

The link also includes how the senators voted.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

This act has been enacted for the last 48 years outlining the budget and expenditures of the US defense department.

What's the problem with it?

Can you be more specific?

If you're talking about the indefinite detention of US citizens, which was an amendment proposed by senator Mark Udall, it was voted down:

LINK

edit on 2/12/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
who ever voted in favor of this needs to be hunted down and shot immediately.

I would not say that if I was you and I live in the US with this bill passing. It sucks but it looks like at the very least you will end up on a list...

I hate to tell you this, but we are all on the list. Guilty until proven innocent, oh, but you have to be useful to them as well. Some of us, probably most here are already "red-flagged," I know I am but then I did an FOIA request on myself. So don't bother hiding or stopping writing, it's already too late.

But I am optimistic! Cheer up, the worst is yet to come ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Does this really surprise you? America has always, and will always be a Police State. The difference now is: It's just been made into LAW!
I don't envy my American friends.

Give this a look: POLICE STATE - JUST PASSED INTO LAW!!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
If you would read deeper into the bill it states

SEC. 1032. REQUIREMENT FOR MILITARY CUSTODY.

(a) Custody Pending Disposition Under Law of War-

(1) IN GENERAL- Except as provided in paragraph (4), the Armed Forces of the United States shall hold a person described in paragraph (2) who is captured in the course of hostilities authorized by the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40) in military custody pending disposition under the law of war.

(2) COVERED PERSONS- The requirement in paragraph (1) shall apply to any person whose detention is authorized under section 1031 who is determined--

(A) to be a member of, or part of, al-Qaeda or an associated force that acts in coordination with or pursuant to the direction of al-Qaeda; and

(B) to have participated in the course of planning or carrying out an attack or attempted attack against the United States or its coalition partners.

(3) DISPOSITION UNDER LAW OF WAR- For purposes of this subsection, the disposition of a person under the law of war has the meaning given in section 1031(c), except that no transfer otherwise described in paragraph (4) of that section shall be made unless consistent with the requirements of section 1033.

(4) WAIVER FOR NATIONAL SECURITY- The Secretary of Defense may, in consultation with the Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence, waive the requirement of paragraph (1) if the Secretary submits to Congress a certification in writing that such a waiver is in the national security interests of the United States.

(b) Applicability to United States Citizens and Lawful Resident Aliens-

(1) UNITED STATES CITIZENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to citizens of the United States.

(2) LAWFUL RESIDENT ALIENS- The requirement to detain a person in military custody under this section does not extend to a lawful resident alien of the United States on the basis of conduct taking place within the United States, except to the extent permitted by the Constitution of the United States.

My source is: thomas.loc.gov...:1:./temp/~c112w8d2Rl:e464889:

If more people would research things for themselves and not freak out over misinterpretations, we'd all be better off (in my opinion)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Purple... It's a little weird over here at times. 1867 passed the House in their own version of it. Under this name/number it has now passed the Senate. All done? Not in America... LOL.... Now the house takes the version they passed...and the Senate takes the version THEY passed (which arent the SAME bill) and go into what they call a conference committee. There they wheel, deal and basically screw us even further AFTER the votes until the two bills are agreeable to both the House and Senate. Then...and only then... will the President get the final product to sign.

Kinda makes you wish for the basic process of General Assembly and the Phase system, huh?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
Does this really surprise you? America has always, and will always be a Police State. The difference now is: It's just been made into LAW!
I don't envy my American friends.

Give this a look: POLICE STATE - JUST PASSED INTO LAW!!

Your link is lying -- it wasn't passed into law. Do us a favor and learn the legislative process and drop sources such as these that pass on false information.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hello Wrabbit. Thank you for the explanation. I thought we had it bad over here. Looks like you guys have it just the same over there. Biggest difference being is that in the UK the Queen can stop any law being passed if she wants and she exercise that right too.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Great job, its amazing how people bite onto the littlest bit of something and blow it out of the water.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sporkmonster
You can see here at www.senate.gov that it has passed.

Final vote

93 Yea
7 Nay

The link also includes how the senators voted.

Yup seen that...
Pretty sickening how 93 of them are for it. In my region only OR was against it...wow.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join