It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would like to enjoy this site with everyone else so lets make peace shall we?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Since I started being a member here I have had a bad experience. I'm really into this website I think it's well set up and the topics are very interesting to me. I have made some rookie mistakes like making posts to short but I have read the rules now and would like to be given a second chance. If the ppl who are posting derogitory comments on my posts would please stop doing so I'd really appreciate it. In light of the comments posted I am fearful to share any more stories here. I would like an outlet for my experiences. I'm sorry to any one I have offended in any way. I know one of my threads " drinking blood does not make you a vampire" was shut down bc someone found it offensive. To whomever you are I wasn't meaning any offense by that. I know that there are ppl that consider themselves vampires in a sense bc they drink blood. I am refering to REAL vampires from the folklore not ppl that have vampiric esk lifestyles. Any way If the ppl here would be willing to open up their minds to a new comer it would be much appreciated. Thank You for your time. If you are going to make a comment please do so in a respectful way. If it is critisism please be constructive.
ASHES

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
well I know I lived a sheltered life but I forgive you, god bless , rest assured I am to blame.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Great points across the board on this. Given your statements, I went looking through your threads and posts to see what the trouble might have been for what has you out of sorts about things. You're right... You've had some bad experiences with people bombing your threads with comments meant to ridicule or belittle you in at least a couple cases..and apparently, nothing else at all for purpose to the post. ?? So much of this going on lately here and elsewhere.

Nothing you or I wish or ask will change that, I fear...but ignoring the goobers who take pleasure in making others feel bad is the best approach I have found. If they don't get bites when they go fishing for hate and discontent, I've found they are quite predictable about moving on to more promising fishing holes.

I figure there are 3 primary types on the net and blogs these days. 'Truth Seekers', 'The Genuinely Interested but Skepitcal' and the outright Trolls who honestly take pleasure when others have emotional distress. I figure all we can do is embrace the former, welcome the middle and outright shun and ignore the latter. What else is there, right?

For what it's worth...I sure didn't see anything in what you've posted that jumped out at me as bad or even out of line to the ATS norm. Just learn to blow off the Goobers and you'll fit right in, I'm certain of it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hi..I'm not sure how many replies you'll get, I have seen several threads like this..and I share your view that one wrong post and it's like your the scum of the earth or something..I don't recall posting in your thread..but in my mind everyone is welcome. Try not to take these comments to heart, you are entitled to your own thoughts and opinions..and anyone who doesn't want to read them..can move along..nothing to see here..I hope you stay around Cheers Coco

PS I'll try and find those threads for ya..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well welcome back and good luck..I haven't read about your post what so ever...People can be quite mean..I just thank them and move on..LOL

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you for all your support.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
We all have the right to disagree. It should be done with respect though. Alot of people dont like me either on here for whatever reason, but who cares? Were all the same, thats why were here. We are all entitled to have opinions or differnet views. Ive never seen ya till now, but welcome to the jungle baby

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Ashes1221

Here are a few of the posts I have seen..on Manners and Decorum by the site owner..and a few by members..I know I have seen many more than this..but these are all I have time to look for right now..have a good night friend Cheers Coco

posts by SkepticOverlord (site owner)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's getting hot in here...

Due to recent events and the ever increasing popularity of the AboveTopSecret.com (ATS) website, new memberships and post counts have elevated over the past five days. As with any growth, the positive is mitigated by the negative, and that negative is an upward trend in rude and discourteous posting. ATS has long prided itself on maintaining an atmosphere of civility and decorum, free of rancor and personal attacks against fellow members. This atmosphere has diminished in the preceding days, fueled by politically polarized rhetoric and the desire by some to use a tragic event to further certain agendas. While ATS has, and always will be a venue for spirited discussion and the exchange of opposing point of views, it will not become a mosh pit of vitriolic mudslinging where ignorance is embraced vice being denied.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

I luv ya..your one of my favorite peeps
Cheers Coco

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sometimes you just have to ignore certain posts and just keep going.
ATS teaches you to develop a thick skin.
Good luck!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by itscocobaby
reply to post by AllUrChips

I luv ya..your one of my favorite peeps
Cheers Coco

Aww Coco you are one of mine too!!!!
Luv ya too!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Ah comment like "...the REAL vampires from the folklore.."

So 'real' vampires or the 'story' ones from folklore. You're confusing me.

You are forgetting what ATS is. It's a site about denying ignorance, people trying to convince others about things they reckon others don't see...aliens, conspiracies, religious events, 'vampires' UFO's etc etc etc.

Do you really think that there would be others that would not think others are completely nuts, diagree with you or disagree with me? I mean there was a post the last fews days of someone proporting that none of us really exist. ATS is full of nutters and some with worse problems than that so I've come to have some fun.

You should too...fun I mean, not take it too seriously, because ATS is not a serious site with serious topics (most of the time). For example the world has ended 7 times since I joined according to ATS members... hey, maybe the guy that says we don't exist is right (lol)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Stop worrying about what others think and type.
Their comments didn't cause you to make this thread, your own insecurities did.
Toughen up and stop letting them get to you.
By making this thread you're giving them a pat on the back, hope you realize that.

Deny ignorance and never feed the trolls.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
wow ok then. I thought that talking about your feelings was the right way to go about it lol I'm standing up for myself since every time i post somthing i get reemed for it. btw as for " real vampires from the folklore" you knew what i ment by that so get over yourself.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I promise to make peace with all as long as they see things my way and no other.
As well as nobody posts any propaganda.
Now seeing is how, that ain't gonna happen.
There will be debate and arguments.
What do they say about the spice of life?
Anyway, it sure is entertaining here.
Enjoy it, good and bad.
Peas

top topics

join