It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Changes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Looking at the reports of horrible storms from across the globe, Florida to China, to the upcoming Ivan, you can't help but wonder if the weather on our planet is changing. In North Carolina we had the coolest August ever (on record).

A major earthquake in Japan also occuring at the same time as major storms across the globe also makes me wonder. Are we in for something much bigger? Are these horrible disasters going to continue on such a global scale?

Is the earth starting to go through major changes in its climate?
Reading stories like this one make you wonder

www.pjstar.com...

PEORIA - There was no rain in the forecast for Saturday night. Nor was there any precipation on the radar screen, according to Peoria Speedway owner Sherrie Hamilton.

And yet, it came.

Cars left the track and fans exited the stands when the showers started about 8:15 p.m., just as the third heat of the Late Model Division was starting.

Even with a week of sunshine, the track was still wet from several inches of rain that wiped out the Aug. 27 races.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hope we aren't on the verge of something major, but the indicators all seem to be hinting that we are.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Blame it on El Nino, global warming... it all probably has an effect, but the earth goes through changes. Ice ages and warming, periods of great changes, then back again. It should be no surprise we have years and times like this with our weather. We're about ripe for another ice age - aren't they about every 10,000 years?

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Monsoon rains are definitely being affected as well. What used to be 5 months of light sprinkling has turned (often times) into 2 months of torrential rainfall and flooding.

Something is changing.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think the problem is the earth should be begaining a Ice age and it's not. Once the polar caps melt we will be in alot of trouble.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Some are too quick to pin the oddities on "Planet X" or a pole shift... whatever it is though... it is happening....

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas
I think the problem is the earth should be begaining a Ice age and it's not. Once the polar caps melt we will be in alot of trouble.

Contrary to what most think, the breaking up and melting of the Polar Ice Caps would actually induce a new ice age.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
For those of you that feel that we are "on the verge of change" how close to this verge do you feel we are? Months, years, decades?? A decade is a short time in the history of the world, but a fairly long time for a human being. So, just curious as to your guesstimate times and why you feel those times are correct.

top topics

join