It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe this will give some of you hope...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The truth is that slavery still exists even in the modern, civilized world. We are all slaves to a certain extent. Most of us are unhappy with our lives but we aren't doing anything about it because we simply don't know how to attack the issues. We wake up, take a shot of espresso just to find the motivation to get out of bed, then waste all of our energy doing something we would rather not be doing. We come home, watch TV, and fantasize about living a life that actually has meaning to us.

A lot of you can see how 9/11, whether a controlled demolition or not, was used by our own government to terrorize us into giving up certain freedoms and privileges in the name of "homeland security". Can the same tactic be in play with the current economic status? I see only cynicism when reading practically any article dealing with the economy. I, myself, have recently been pretty down about how #ty the outlook is but I'm done feeling helpless. I've come to the conclusion that there really ARE a handful of corporate elites who are deliberately holding the economy underwater. Their ultimate goal is to convince us that our days of actually having fun and not worrying about money are over. I am CONSTANTLY hearing stories about how people are being forced to take dreadful jobs because they can't decent employment and there's always a horde of people saying "Oh, just be happy that you have a job!".

That's the point. The corporate elite basically want more efficient little slaves to work for them for less pay, longer hours, and crappier conditions. I have no doubts in the abilities of a handful of ultra-rich elites essentially taking over the economy. It can be done- and it has been done. This is not very far-fetched at all.

Now, think about the last time you watched the news... probably sometime earlier today. Was there not a point where you were reading or listening about the economic state and felt an overwhelming sense of dread? This fear is how your "masters" of the 21st century are controlling you. They aren't standing behind you with whips and chains, but they can screw with your mind to persuade you to work harder and harder. Fear is control.

Personally, I don't think the economy is going to get much worse. Following my logic, these corporate elites want us to work. They have to keep providing us jobs. They want to keep us balanced on the edge of total collapse, but at the end of the day they're really just bluffing. They want the unemployment rates to stay just high enough so that people are tricked into thinking that they HAVE to work whatever job they get- no matter how crappy it is. The standard of living is only going to get worse and worse as the corporate elites start becoming more careless. Yet, Americans will continue being scared into working these jobs because they fear there is no other way to live.

How do we break these chains? Simple protests. All we ever really had to do was demonstrate to the tyrants of the world that we KNOW life could be much better and that we're not going to accept the current system anymore. Sure, they can shoot at us all they want, but they would inevitably fail. The fact is that depression and suicide rates are higher than they've ever been. This is evidence that something isn't right. Its proof that the quality of life used to be much better and therefore we can still get back to where we used to be. Right now its just a matter of putting a face to our enemies and hunting them down. All of these sudden protests that sprouted up around the world in the past couple years aren't worthless. There's a global awakening going on and people are starting to realize that we're getting a raw deal.

Don't just ignore what I'm saying because it sounds too good to be true. It is the truth.

That said, enjoy some epic music on this very subject:

edit on 12/2/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Agreed. Even in my family, with all the "real news" I tell them about they call me "nuts". I really don't watch the news anymore, its too depressing. Whats that you say? Herman Cain had an affair? I'm actually depressed people know more about Cain than all the Military movements and different things going on in the middle east. Its astounds me how people cannot wake up to relevant worthy news even if its bad!

I hope to see more people "wake up" during the next year and take control of their lives and get involved rather than just spectate. Just so I can say I told you I wasn't crazy lol.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
There is no hope, I gave that up long ago. Why? Because of "Willful Ignorance".

I swear, I'm on a mission to post this quote each time I see fit on a thread:

George Carlin:

But there’s a reason. There’s a reason. There’s a reason for this, there’s a reason education SUCKS, and it’s the same reason it will never, ever, EVER be fixed. It’s never going to get any better, don’t look for it, be happy with what you’ve got. Because the owners, the owners of this country don't want that. I'm talking about the real owners now, the BIG owners! The Wealthy… the REAL owners! The big wealthy business interests that control things and make all the important decisions. Forget the politicians. They are irrelevant. The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don't. You have no choice! You have OWNERS! They OWN YOU. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought, and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, the city halls, they got the judges in their back pockets and they own all the big media companies, so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear. They got you by the balls.

They spend billions of dollars every year lobbying, lobbying, to get what they want. Well, we know what they want. They want more for themselves and less for everybody else, but I'll tell you what they don’t want: They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. That's right. They don’t want people who are smart enough to sit around a kitchen table and think about how badly they’re getting f***ed by a system that threw them overboard 30 f***ing years ago. They don’t want that!

You know what they want? They want obedient workers. Obedient workers, people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork. And just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly s***ty jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime and vanishing pension that disappears the minute you go to collect it, and now they’re coming for your Social Security money. They want your retirement money. They want it back so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street, and you know something? They’ll get it. They’ll get it all from you sooner or later cause they own this f***ing place! Its a big club, and you ain’t in it! You, and I, are not in the big club.

By the way, its the same big club they use to beat you over the head with all day long when they tell you what to believe. All day long beating you over the head with their media telling you what to believe, what to think and what to buy. The table has tilted folks. The game is rigged and nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care! Good honest hard-working people; white collar, blue collar it doesn’t matter what color shirt you have on. Good honest hard-working people continue, these are people of modest means, continue to elect these rich cock suckers who don’t give a f*** about you… they don’t give a f*** about you… they don’t give a F*** about you. They don’t care about you at all… at all… AT ALL. And nobody seems to notice. Nobody seems to care. That's what the owners count on. The fact that Americans will probably remain willfully ignorant of the big red, white and blue dick that's being jammed up their assholes everyday, because the owners of this country know the truth. Its called the American Dream,because you have to be asleep to believe it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker84

I love George Carlin and I agree 100%. But if its really just a matter of inspiring people to do something, there is still hope. Now if I still sound overly optimistic, here's some cynicism for 'ya: people will revolt and the body count will rise. When the protesters decide to try a different approach, they will most likely be sold on the idea of completely changing the monetary system. They will accept microchips as a new form of money transfer because it will allow more transparency to keep track of where these big corporations are spending money; and it would theoretically persuade the greedy elite to behave. Now all these corporate elites have to do is claim that this new microchip system is the "mark of the beast" and society will be cast into a genocidal frenzy.

But... at least I know I'll have some kind of job until this happens.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The dream of a decent life in exchange for a decent days work is but a memory.

Nowadays many folks work multiple jobs just to barely get by with the BARE-BONES necessities of life.

Many folks have college degrees only to have nothing but DEBT to show for it.

Nearly every average person is living PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK and is simply unable to put any money away for savings.

Our expenses RISE in cost every time we turn around, while our paychecks remains the same year after year, after year, after year...

And then to kick you while you are down, we get to hear constantly about the wealthiest folks getting BONUSES in amounts greater than ANY of us common folks will make in their ENTIRE LIFETIME of hard labor. And in all honesty, the common folks work harder in one hour on their job than those bums work in a decade on their COZY job. WHO really deserves a BONUS???? I say the PEOPLE for a change deserve it.

The dream of a life is fading away. I feel REALLY bad for our children and grandchildren. THEY ARE SCREWED BIG TIME!!!!!

new topics

top topics

join