It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

This Samsung Galaxy S II Started Burning In a Man’s Pocket

page: 1
5

log in

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

It's not just iPhones that are blowing up these days, this Samsung Galaxy S II almost exploded in a man's pants. Seriously. Could you imagine if your phone caught fire and started burning everything in your nether regions? Ouchouchouch.


If you read the article you will see that it was originally from XDA Developers, which is a forum for hacking/modding/unlocking your cell phone. Now when do some of these things to your phone, it can and will change how some of the components work, including how hot your battery can run. So take this as a lesson, when doing something like this, there may be unforeseen consequences, and your warranty probably won't cover it.

That being said. I think every phone I own/have owned over the last 5 years has been modified in some way.

Source
edit on 3-12-2011 by Gemwolf because: Mod edit:Removed unsavoury part from title




posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
One would think that his nuts were already forfeit as it has been proved that wireless devices harm sperm count.

Nuts and breeding are way overrated anyway.....



posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
you headline made me chuckle

i thought roasted nuts was the thing at christmas?
edit on 2-12-2011 by majestic3 because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Probably had something to do with lithium reacting to oxygen. (causes combustive reaction)

That can happen if you have a faulty battery.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NoNameBrand
 

No offense to you because you just copied the title, but it's kind of a ridiculous title, since it didn't "almost blow up", it got hot. Perhaps they could have said "almost started a fire" and that might be closer to true but still a stretch. However it could easily get hot enough to burn skin.

So it's not just the iphone, I didn't think it was. Probably all these batteries have a risk.



posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
My Samsung Galaxy S2 is pretty hot!!




top topics



 
5

log in

join