It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TSA owes this lady a free ticket and a public apology!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Vanessa Gibbs, 17, claims the Transportation Security Administration stopped her at the security gate because of the design of a gun on her handbag.

Gibbs said she had no problem going through security at Jacksonville International Airport, but rather, when she headed home from Virginia.

After agents figured out the gun was a fake, Gibbs said, TSA told her to check the bag or turn it over.

By the time security wrapped up the inspection, the pregnant teen missed her flight, and Southwest Airlines sent her to Orlando instead, worrying her mother, who was already waiting for her to arrive at JIA. "Oh, it's terrifying. I was so upset," said Tami Gibbs, the teen's mom. "I was on the phone all the way to Orlando trying to figure out what was going on with her. It was terrifying. I don't ever want to go through it again."
Original Article

Apparently, one need not actually have a weapon anymore. Just have an IMAGE of a gun or in this case, the image embroidered on the side of a purse. That is apparently enough to be temporarily detained, harassed and made to wish you just drove instead of flying in the first place. When the airlines cry about low profits, low travel numbers and troubles they need only look at stories like this. Insanity just isn't a strong enough word for some of these examples and this one defines that feeling.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
TSA stops teen for a gun design on her purse
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
TSA stops teen for a gun design on her purse
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Different forums entirely..but Okay, fair enough. I missed that entirely. Thanks for the heads up.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If she gets a free ticket and an apology I am so gonna fly a lot more! After all, people ask me all the time; Is that is a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"
Free air travel with a few delays ROCK ON!

I

edit on 2-12-2011 by SkyMuerte because: speeeeeeling

new topics

top topics

join