It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which one would you choose?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I live in central West Virginia which is the only state 100% in the Appalachian Range. I think it would a a great place to survive. There is abundant game fish and wild edibles. And atleast in Wv there arent that many people. The county I live in for the 2000 census had 11,500 people. It is extremely easy to stay hidden here because I think its over 90% of the state is still densely wooded. One down side is that there are not as many natural caves because of the type and age of the mountains, but there are hundreds if not thousands of abandoned mines and quarries going back 200 years.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Actually out of the 2 options I would have to pick the third. Alaska. Have you considered that? It may be kind of hard to reach on short notice. But after years of planning on moving there and living off the grid I think that would have to be the best place in North America to go. Do a little research into it and see the different way that people survive there and enjoy themselves. There are several good documentaries on it. I would suggest that you try and stay bellow the permafrost line since that would make growing crops and surviving the frigid winter a little bit easier.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

I lived in Alaska for three years and went thru several survival courses when I was there. Depending on where you're at in Alaska, it can get rather brutal. Unless the earth's axis changed and it was more hospitable, I'm staying somewhere a little bit warmer.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join