It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan installing anti-air missiles on the Afghan-Paki border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So next time, they gonna shoot down any NATO drone/aircraft/helicopter that tries to fire on them...

Pakistan to install air defence system at Pak-Afghan border

According to Dunya News, a comprehensive strategy has been devised to counter any future NATO attack from Afghanistan.

This is quite breaking... hopefully we'll get more info on that later.

Edit : according to Global Security, they have French MISTRALS and American STINGERS... which are quite deadly. Those are top of the line weapons... at low altitude...

They also have Chinese HQ-9s...

How long before they ask for China/Russia for more potent stuff?
edit on 2-12-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
That is interesting..... Russia is giving Syria the G-300 and Iran got the Patriotski system last year as I recall hearing.. So what will China peddle to Pakistan? It would seem everyone on the anti-US side wants to get a weapons system deployed for the coming fight. I guess the real world system demos that Iraq and Libya supplied left questions...so it's off to get another full range trial run so see where they're weak against U.S. attack systems. Neat.....

By the time we DO get to the main event with China, Russia or both...they will have effectively been testing their systems against ours for over a decade. We won't have any such experience in running our systems against theirs. It should be interesting when things really get rolling over there.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I bet it would be cheaper and more effective just to jam the radio control of the drones.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Yeah, I am pretty sure it would take nothing more than our first-year EW troops to defeat anything the Pakistanis are operating.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I don't think it would be wise for Pakistan to fire at any NATO aircraft, they might but they will regret it.

top topics

join