It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Click here, sit back and watch.. maybe it will change your view of the world..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Did a search and was suprised this hasn't been posted before..

Its a documentary which was filmed using aerial shots in 54 different countries, it also talks about how the earths problems are interlinked..

Its quite long at one and a half hours but if you like stunning images of the earth and nature it is definitly worth the watch..

The movie also has a clear message and watching may actually change your view of our world..

Injecting an essential sense of wonder into his catalog of social and environmental tragedies, Mr. Arthus-Bertrand circles the skyscrapers of Dubai and plunges into the Grand Canyon, his high-definition cameras clinging to helicopters. Skimming feed lots and parking lots, he shows us an irrigation system resembling a giant game of Twister and blasted soil the color and texture of raw meat. These geographical wounds, we are told, originate from a lifestyle that “destroys the essential to produce the superfluous” — an accusation that the film’s bankrollers, led by the corporation behind luxury brands like Balenciaga and Gucci, are probably familiar with — but their far-below beauty is fatally distancing. As a result, gazing down on what we have wrought feels less like a rap on the knuckles and more like a pat on the head.

Segment from NY Times review

We are living in exceptional times. Scientists tell us that we have 10 years to change the way we live, avert the depletion of natural resources and the catastrophic evolution of the Earth's climate.

Enjoy...

edit on 2/12/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I've seen this before and thought it was pretty awesome. The visuals are mindblowing.
Thanks for posting, think I will make a large coffee and watch it again.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Great video, I'm watching it again as I post this back.
The graphics and footage are indeed inspiring.
Everyone should see this wonder of our worlds history.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Waw, that was a really fine and good movie.
thanks a lot OP for sharing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thanks OP, been wanting to watch this for a while. Awe inspiring, upsetting, guilt, wonder, anger are just some of the emotions felt when I watched this

Thanks again for posting

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video, sorry it never got the attention it deserved

2nd line....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I saw it mentioned on a torrent site, that the movie itself wasn't copyrighted, and therefore wasn't illegal to download that way. Is this true? I looked at imdb.com, it looks as any commercial film, no special disclaimers regarding copyright mentioned? If it isn't copyrighted as such, I wouldn't hesitate to post a direct download-link to all my my friends, or share, it, alas, it looks like any ordinary commercial film-production (and therefore NOT legal to download for free as a torrent...) just wondering...

Seems to important NOT to be freely available, but again... people gotta get paid, right?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I believe it was free from the time it was released. It was heavily advertised on YouTube and free on there.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by misscurious

Cool
I'll spread the word, then

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Awe inspiring and sad. We must nurture the earth and all its inhabitants before it is too late. We have become nations of power and greed with little, if any respect for our environment in which we need to survive.

Thank you for such an inspiring and important video.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Very inspiring video! Highly recommended, especially if you simply love beautiful footage.

Love the free concept, I burned a copy or two to Blu-ray for some friends!

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I had not heard of this video and when viewing it was frankly surprised at the immensity of the problem across the globe, until now relying on the words of activists and experts. And word only go so far. The video is very powerful and makes me feel so upset. Our planet is truly in a bad way all around.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Thanks for the post...Our local movie theater hosted a free showing but I missed it. The first time the theater was up to max capacity...the second time I missed it. This is great.

new topics

top topics

join