It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen arrested trying to apply for job by knocking on armored car window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
please Stay out Of the USA and if you can go well at this point any ware else
news.yahoo.com...
Really its starting to FILL UP ATS with story after story like this
only good thing here was after harrising teh poor guy they did let him go and even offered him a job of a type.
BUt FACT is this could have easly been taking care of ON SITE . I understand brinks worry's and to call teh law but once searched finding NO weapon and FINDING the application for brinks on him at that point it should have been sorry to bother your sir no need to take him in and arrest him even if they let him go a few hours later
edit on 2-12-2011 by xxcalbier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
eh, dont care, It was a honest misunderstanding, same thing woud happen if you tried to talk to an airline pilot mid-flight about getting a job.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I can understand how this can happen.

Man, Ive seen thugs trying to approach Brinks officers before, they dont play games.

They dont have time to chat, never know who has a bad motive. The young man could have easily stood by the driver side window and called out to him or waited for the officer that usually stands outside while one is inside getting the money.

He just learned his first lesson in being a brink officer

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Sharp was hoping to find a job with Brinks security. He had already applied for a job with the company but decided he wanted more information about the day-to-day details of driving one of the company's armed trucks. And what better way to gather information than going straight to the source? So he went up to a driver inside one of the company's vehicles and knocked on the window.

What better way to gather information than going straight to the source?
Uhh, the internet, writing them an email, or maybe giving them a call? Yes this is a bit over the top, but ignorance and smart ass-ery has it's price in the post 911 4th Reich.

ATS is getting filled up with these types of news stories, especially today. I got stuff to do but new stories keep popping up as I'm trying to get off here.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
GIVE ME A BRAKE its call assessing the problem . Cops are call ok now they should have enough sence to Check the complainant and finding NO CAUSE (rember probile cause ) say ok your free to go .
In this case there was NO REASON at all to haul him in . Of corse people like you are teh reasion we have this problem .
Hey I have no brain can think for my self just arrest them all and over burdin the system heck we destroy a few peoples lifes no big deal

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
If a guy is seriously dimwitted enough to approach an armored truck and start pecking on the window--for any reason at all--then the only place he should be applying for a job at is McDonalds.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
AGAIN for the 1000 time I never said brinks was wrong to call the law I SAID the law after searching the guy ON SITE (you know they did) Should have said sorry sir you are FREE to go)
Maybe adding in its not a good idea to knock on brinks windows asking for job info

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

Ya right, 20 years ago this would be perfectly fine. I don't even have to read the story. This country is going to hell in a hand basket.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Badkro because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
you guys should read what happened

www.wvgazette.com...
The driver told police that a man with a gun came up to the truck, tried to rob him and then the man walked away.

Police located Kieon Sharp, 18, who fit the description the driver gave police near the Clay Center shortly after the alleged robbery attempt and took him in for questioning. A police dog was used to look for a gun, but no weapon was found.

By the time the cops got there the kid was gone and they found him somewhere else. They did not arrive on the scene with some kid trying to talk to the driver. All the cops knew is that someone tried to rob the brinks truck and acted on that.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
MY god stupid reply after stupid reply most of teh time every one comes on here SCREAMING how lazy people are well THIS guy was NOT lazy .
he was trying to be active in as many was as possible to get a job .
Not saying kncoking on the truck windows was a great idea but I dought he thought it would end up being ARRESTED FOR WANTING A JOB

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Again no matter were THEY found teh KID they searched HIM we all KNOW THIS found the applaction FOR BRINKS and other places ON HIM and no weapon . Again TELL ME THE POINT TO hauling him in???
at taht point it WAS OVES to every one BUT YOU GUYS he was just wanting a JOB

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
No wonder the Cops are ready to arrest EVERY one no matter how small a thing it may be with you guys cheering them onIts a little thing called COMIN sense . But hey keep cheering tehm on one day soon they will be at your door and wont need a warrent even as they shoot you full of holes

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xxcalbier

I once had to go to an ATM at 3 a.m. before catching a flight. I pulled up and an armored car was just in front of me. The guards looked my way and said it would be just a moment while they refilled the machine. This was a large ATM at a large bank, and my wife used to work at a similar bank, so I know how much money was in the machine and in the refill satchel. One guard then proceeds to go down on one knee and lower his head into the machine with his back to me, while the other guard turns his back and walks back to the truck.

Idiots.

People get killed in convenience stores for $50 and some cigarettes. These trained men turned their back on a stranger with several hundred thousand in cash at 3 a.m. in a back lot of a bank!

I have to admit, the thought did cross my mind.

In other words, working for Brinks does not mean you have any common sense or intelligence.
They just panicked and didn't know what to do. Kudos for the young man having the cahones to walk right up to them. I hope he is richly rewarded for it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I sure can't fault the kid for his creative approach and sheer gumption to get out there and try. I'd sure hope nothing lasting comes out of it for him. It was a hard life lesson in what is appropriate or isn't to a situation. Like..oh... walking up to a rolling bank vault, unannounced and without clear intent....expecting them to be friendly and open to a chat. lol... Oh Well.. All's well that ends well and no one got hurt. I say they give the kid a job just for showing how serious HE is about putting foot to pavement in the search for one.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
who said brinks does have it? the cops should have HAD IT not brinks there job is to trust NO one I understand taht part and have no problem with them calling teh law But at ntaht point teh cops should have USED a little sense
yea in teh end it turned out ok but the truma of being arrested its self can give you knightmares

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Again no matter were THEY found teh KID they searched HIM we all KNOW THIS found the applaction FOR BRINKS and other places ON HIM and no weapon . Again TELL ME THE POINT TO hauling him in???
at taht point it WAS OVES to every one BUT YOU GUYS he was just wanting a JOB

please occupy a dictionary.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
please get a life this isnt English class and this post isnt about my typos

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
You know what, it was kind of stupid. Sorry.

I have never applied for a job by knocking on someone's window.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Back in the day I walked up to lots of cops all over the place and asked them about their jobs. Most were happy to tell me all about their grind as long as I posed as a police hopeful. A few were total douchbags and either ignored me outright or told me to buzz off.

Got the same from EMT's and paramedics too.

I guess a two year community college degree and a union makes them better than the rest of us?

Anyway, I wonder if I did all that today as a kid would they have just tased me and locked me up?

The kicker is that these Brinks slackers arent even real cops. They're just mall cops who took a basic pistol class.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

But they are responsible for a cool million or so in cash! A cop or paramedic isn't constantly looking over their shoulder like a guy sitting on a truckload of cash.

In fact, a cop also has at least twice as much training, so he can afford to give you a little more latitude. The armored car guy absolutely must maintain the upper hand at all times, because he doesn't have the skills to recover once he's in trouble.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join