It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do people know about Bengal cats?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm wondering if the wild temperement in some of the bengals are just like the different temerements we find in domesticated cats. Cats have their own personalities whether domesticated or not. I don't think you could know for sure what kind of personality your pet will have until you get them and spend a lot of time with them.

If you are someone who will dedicate much time and love and space for the animal, I say get it. Also keep in mind the cost of vet bills.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Currently, I have an orange cat with gold eyes who is just as aggressive and wild as my Bengal ever was.....maybe more. She's the kitten of a feral cat. Who knows?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
it's a cat, you probably out weigh it by 150 pounds. if you're going to live in fear of it, what's the point.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
it's a cat, you probably out weigh it by 150 pounds. if you're going to live in fear of it, what's the point.

Even a small domestic cat can do damage if it's pissed off enough.

You have to be careful and respect the animal and spend a lot of quality time with it. It can work out. Also make sure you have a lot of space. Those cats get huge.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My girlfriend has a 4th generation Bengal cat. They have quite the personality ^^ If you get the Bengal you will probably never want another normal house cat again.. They are those kind of cats who are playful sometimes and other times very independent. My girlfriend's cat was very clingy until we got her a cat friend (when we would get out of bed and open the bedroom door she would jump on our leg and wrap her legs around our leg and ride us into the kitchen and sit in one of our laps while we ate breakfast) If you have another cat they may be kinda uninterested in them at first but then they seem to bond very well, such as the Bengal finding a way onto the counter top and getting in sneak mode and waiting for the other cat to come by and jumping off the counter and tackling the other cat and then running away (as if they were playing hide and seek tag lol) Love Bengals though..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by helster83

I too have a Bengal/Tabby mix that I adopted from a rescue. The rescue found her at 2wks and hand-fed her.. Helster, my cat is very similiar to yours...she has the same markings; gray, reddish and black, is also very nervous..runs for no reason, and reacts to everything..and she will fetch paper balls all day. She is a joy!

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I am a fan of Maine Coons. They grow huge and are gentle giants.

They get along with dogs as well...well, there is the break in period...but the puppy has to deal with that.

My buddy Diesal is HUGE! 30 pounds! Great cat...this from a dog lover.

Very playful. As gentle as a cat can be when outfitted with twenty switchblades and follows me everywhere.

Look them up and show them to the Mrs. They are pricey though.

Bengals seem to me like a fashion accesory. People want them, just to say they have one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join