It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Republicans are being taught to talk about Occupy Wall Street

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by David9176
Speaks for itself.

Sure. It's the flip side of what goes on with OWS and far left democrats. Just like the Republicans .... I'm sure the far left and the dems have their little power sessions where they get together and figure out what the right phrases are and what key words to use. Nothing is as it seems. Both are mirror images of the other ...

Still waiting on those memos.
What is taking so long? By your post it sounded as if you had them in your hand already. Now I am starting to suspect you made it up as a defense and it is based on nothing other than your emotional response to having something you like attacked.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Did anyone watch Frank Luntz on the Colbert Report?
www.colbertnation.com...

Hilarious interview

Frank Luntz basically does inception without dreams for a living. There is real power to changing a phrase.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I don't remember that. From the beginning it was orchestrated by the left and Unions and while targeting business rather then the real issues.

Thats one of the big things about Occupy that so many do miss. Different camps can almost be like entirely different protest movements in terms of class of people, methods of protest and attitude toward working with the community. The best known and most influential ones are, unfortunately among the worst. Some smaller ones I know like St Louis or how Richmond just was, get lost in the media shuffle and they don't carry the influence to push that across the movement as a whole..... A mess as things stand now.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Occupy is not really about the people. I am glad you caught on to that. I do understand that there are those within the movement that can envision something with purpose, but the unfortunate fact of the matter is that the movement as a whole had a different vision.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Algernonsmouse

I guess this is also an example of how people are being taught to talk about OWS. They are taught to say these bullet point defenses that they can never seem to back up or answer for.
Thanks FF for proving that it takes lies to hate OWS so much.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Algernonsmouse

Speaks for itself.

Sure. It's the flip side of what goes on with OWS and far left democrats. Just like the Republicans .... I'm sure the far left and the dems have their little power sessions where they get together and figure out what the right phrases are and what key words to use. Nothing is as it seems. Both are mirror images of the other ...

Still waiting on those memos.
What is taking so long? By your post it sounded as if you had them in your hand already. Now I am starting to suspect you made it up as a defense and it is based on nothing other than your emotional response to having something you like attacked.

Thanks FF for proving that it takes lies to hate OWS so much.

ARE YOU FREAK'N KIDDING ME?!?!??!?
THIS IS WHAT YOU SENT 6 NASTY U2US TO ME ABOUT?
U2U AFTER U2U CALLING ME A LIAR AND DEMANDING TO SEE 'MEMOS'?!?!

- Memos? What freak'n memos?!?! Where did I say there were memos available to read?? READ THE DAMN POSTING. I said I'm sure that both sides do the same thing. It's obvious.

- If you don't think that the left has power sessions to figure out how to answer those who don't like what they are doing - just like the right does - then you are a complete and utter FOOL.

- STOP SENDING ME MORONIC U2Us.

:shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk:
edit on 12/8/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed word

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
25 yearsago I was in advertising and was the asst. director of advertising for a large grocery chain in the southeast...

What the Republicans are doing is what everybody does that tries to sell itself to the public...Republicans, Democrats, media, local officials, the police, the military, Hollywood, toy makers, info-mercials, Ronco, the music industry, oil companies, ...heck, the local florist. Even people that go for job interviews have a way of spinning certain things so as to appear more influencial or less severe.... Even folks that go on a first date say things a certain way

It is called selling... merchandising... packaging.

Look back to Viet Nam and the way they played word games with body counts and engaging the enemy... If you believe that anybody, including yourself does not do this to some degree, you are delusional.

Frankly, it is the smart thing to do... I should know, sometimes at work, I am not "diplomatic" enough when I tell some one NO.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The flip side of the partisan coin -
How Democrats are taught to talk about and interfere with Tea Party Rallies ....
(It's called - strategic planning - everyone does it - even the White House, be it (R) or (D) )

Democrat Teacher Organizes Anti Tea Party Infiltrators

Levin has gotten national attention for a "Crash the Tea Party" Web site that called for opponents to infiltrate the events and behave outlandishly. That raised suspicion he was doing political work during schools hours.

Beaverton School District spokeswoman Maureen Wheeler confirmed Levin was placed on paid administrative leave as of Thursday while they conduct an internal investigation into his actions during work time.

Tea Party Infiltrators Outmaneuvered
Meet the Tea Party Infiltrators
Racist Leftist Infiltrators Driven From Tea Party Rallies
Still More Failed Tea Party Infiltrators
The Crashers .. they came, they saw, they failed

Some interesting EMAILS by democrats and info on Chuck Schumer who strategically planned and shut down the Tea Party debt panel.

Who's afraid of the tea party panel??

The Left Wing Organized Effort to Destroy the Tea Party

From the website - CRASH THE TEA PARTY (domain redirected)

Who We Are: A nationwide network of Democrats, Republicans and Independents who are sick and tired of all that loose affiliation of racists, homophobes and morons; who constitute the fake grass-roots movement which calls itself "The Tea Party."

What We Want: To dismantle and demolish the Tea Party by any non-violent means necessary.

How We Will Succeed: By infiltrating the Tea Party itself! In an effort to propagate their pre-existing propensity for paranoia and suspicion...we have already sat quietly in their meetings, and observed their rallies.

Whenever possible, we will act on behalf of the Tea Party in ways which exaggerate their least appealing qualities (misspelled protest signs, wild claims in TV interviews, etc.) to further distance them from mainstream America and damage the public opinion of them. We will also use the inside information that we have gained in order to disrupt and derail their plans.

Sound like fun? It is!! If you'd like to join us, just click the word "crash" below...

From the left wing Obama-supporting group - COFFEE PARTY USA - on how to destroy the Tea Party - (paraphrase) - organize and make them 'buddies'.

And then we have the left wing NEA who indoctrinates children in public schools that most children are forced to attend. Wonder what goes on in their 'strategy' meetings. They are VERY opposed to home schooling - which these days is usually done by those on the right or those disenfranchised by the left - even though home schooling has been found to be safer and to produce children who have acquired more knowledge. The NEA talking points memo against home schooling is so absurd it's simply pathetic. The HSLDF response to the nonsense spewed by the NEA can be found at that site.

EVERY group with a political agenda plans how to deal with the opposition.
It's COMMON SENSE to understand this. It's good business planning on their part.
Anyone who says differently is simply partisan and WRONG.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
It took me 10 seconds on a Google search to find these examples:

Here's the DNC's own website:

Use this tool to write letters to Congress. Start by entering your location on this page, then use Democratic talking points on the CIA leak scandal to compose your letter on the next page.

my.democrats.org...

Here's my favorite:

talkingpointsfordemocrats.com...
You can find talking points for any topic! Nifty!

And another:

As Republicans assumed power in the House of Representatives, vowing to repeal Obamacare, Democrats began readying for an intensive campaign to oppose them. With this in mind, the Democratic National Committee released a set of talking points with which they hope to persuade the public that Republican repeal efforts are misguided.

www.nationalreview.com...

Anyone who thinks that BOTH sides don't get together and have strategy sessions where they decide on what wording to use to discuss key points is a moron.

Social Security is in a "locked box". How many times did the hear the Democrats repeat that one?
"Main street, not Wall street". How many times did Obama say that during the campaign? All while taking donations from Wall Street whenever offerec to him.

I can't belive the blind ignorance I see sometimes. Don't demonize the Republicans for having "talking points" to spin the story their way without realizing the Democrats do EXACTLY the same thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Oh gee .. look what just popped up.
Betchya they are all talking about how to chat-up Obama.
Betchya they are all talking about how to talk about where Republicans stand on things.
ATS Thread - eyewitness account of Democrats Strategizing to Get Obama Re-elected

Still waiting on those memos. What is taking so long?

Still waiting on an apology. What is taking so long?

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Those organizations don't issue talking points to Democrats or MSM the way Luntz does to Republicans or even as internal memos of FOX news show.

George Lakoff has written a summation of what Luntz seeks to do and how not to fall into his trap;

What has been learned from the brain and cognitive sciences is that words are defined by fixed frames we use in thinking, frames come in hierarchical systems, and political frames are defined in moral terms, where "morality" is very different for conservatives and progressives. What lies behind the Occupy movement is a moral view of democracy: Democracy is about citizens caring about each other and acting responsibly both socially and personally. This requires a robust public empowering and protecting everyone equally. Both private success and personal freedom depend on such a public. Every critique and proposal of the Occupy movement fits this moral view, which happens to be the progressive moral view.

What the Occupy movement can't stand is the opposite "moral" view, that democracy provides the freedom to seek one's self-interest and ignore what is good for other Americans and others in the world. That view lies behind the Wall Street ethic of the Greedy Market, as opposed to a Market for All, a market that should maximize the well-being of most Americans. This view leads to a hierarchical view of society, where success is always deserved and lack of success is moral failure. The rich are the moral, and they not only deserve their wealth, they also deserve the power it brings. This is the view that Luntz is defending....

But Luntz is not just addressing his remarks to Republicans. He is also looking to take Democrats for suckers. How? By choosing his frames carefully, and getting Democrats to do the opposite of what he tells Republicans. There is a basic truth about framing. If you accept the other guy's frame, you lose....

Unfortunately, Luntz is still ahead of most progressives responding to him. Progressives need to learn how framing works. Bashing Luntz, bashing Fox News, bashing the right-wing pundits and leaders using their frames and arguing against their positions just keeps their frames in play.

Progressives have a basic morality, which is largely unspoken. It has to be spoken, over and over, in every corner of our country. Progressives need to be both thinking and talking about their view of a moral democracy, about how a robust pubic is necessary for private success, about all that the public gives us, about the benefits of health, about a Market for All not a Greed Market, about regulation as protection, about revenue and investment, about corporations that keep wages low when profits are high, about how most of the rich earn a lot of their money without making anything or serving anyone, about how corporations govern your life for their profit not yours, about real food, about corporate and military waste, about the moral and social role of unions, about how global warming causes the increasingly monstrous effects of weather disasters, about how to save and preserve nature.

Lakoff on Lunts

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
speaking of right / left

hows that hopey changey thing working out for you???

OWS is a bunch of kids its not a left/ right issue

its a maturity issue

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Those organizations don't issue talking points to Democrats or MSM the way Luntz does to Republicans or even as internal memos of FOX news show.

OF COURSE they do. And Georgiagirl put the icing on the cake .. talking points directly from the Democratic party. BTW - if you want to bring in FOX and their right wing talking points .. the mirror image is MSNBC and their left wing talking points. You don't think that the Obama administration and MSNBC have an umbilical cord attaching themselves to each other? Really? You seriously can't see it?

FACT OF LIFE - far left and far right mirror each other. Republicans have OWS talking points. Democrats have Tea party talking points. The right has FOX. The left has MSNBC. That's just the way it is.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Oh gee .. look what just popped up.
Betchya they are all talking about how to chat-up Obama.
Betchya they are all talking about how to talk about where Republicans stand on things.
ATS Thread - eyewitness account of Democrats Strategizing to Get Obama Re-elected

Still waiting on those memos. What is taking so long?

Still waiting on an apology. What is taking so long?

For what?
You have not backed up your claim yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Nevermind .. I'm just going to turn this guy/girl in to the moderators and let them deal with him .... :shk:
edit on 12/10/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Nevermind .. I'm just going to turn this guy/girl in to the moderators and let them deal with him .... :shk:
edit on 12/10/2011 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

That sounds great. You said you had memos and I asked to see them. Turn me in for asking more than once that you provide the proof of your claim. That certainly seems like the thing an honest person who is telling the truth and can prove it would do. Tattle on me for asking you to prove it.

I am not even denying they exist. I am just asking you to back up your claim that they do. It is not like I am looking to then argue they are fake or something but when you claim someone has something, you might expect someone to curiously ask you to provide proof of that.

I honestly thought ATS was about denying ignorance, not making partisan claims and then running to mom or dad when someone asks that we perhaps back up the things we say.

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

ARE YOU FREAK'N KIDDING ME?!?!??!?
THIS IS WHAT YOU SENT 6 NASTY U2US TO ME ABOUT?
U2U AFTER U2U CALLING ME A LIAR AND DEMANDING TO SEE 'MEMOS'?!?!

Hmmm. That is interesting. I actually only sent one U2U then you responded...
...then I responded and you responded and I responded. It was a back and forth and I certainly did not call you a liar in each one. Funny you would mischaracterize that all while crying about being called a liar.

- Memos? What freak'n memos?!?! Where did I say there were memos available to read?? READ THE DAMN POSTING. I said I'm sure that both sides do the same thing. It's obvious.

Are you reading what you write? "I am sure that both sides do the same thing." Well that thing here is distributing memos. So...well you know what "same" means right?

Re-read

Speaks for itself.

I look forward to your thread exposing those memos and meetings with great enthusiasm. Otherwise, are you just saying is so because "you are sure" it is? Why are you sure? Can you make me sure?

"Both sides do the same thing, they are mirrors of each other, yadda yadda yadda"

Great, then you have memos from the OTHER side too then. Otherwise you are apparently not reading THIS thread.

- If you don't think that the left has power sessions to figure out how to answer those who don't like what they are doing - just like the right does - then you are a complete and utter FOOL.

Of course they do. But nothing like this. There is no left Frank Luntz. I do not believe they have anything like THIS on the left and if they do, I look forward to you exposing it.
Exposing something ELSE that is kinda sorta the same thing...
...is not what I am asking for.

- STOP SENDING ME MORONIC U2Us.

:shk: :shk: :shk: :shk: :shk:
edit on 12/8/2011 by FlyersFan because: fixed word

Ditto.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

You said you had memos and I asked to see them. .

:shk: Something is seriously wrong with you. Everyone else can see clearly that I said no such thing.
You shouldn't lie.

Evidence was provided, some straight from the official democratic website, that shows clearly that the democrats do indeed strategize with talking points just like the republicans do. Now ... be a good kiddie and get out of the computer lab during recess, and remember not to stick your gum under the desks.

STOP SENDING ME MORONIC U2Us.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Making a distinction between journalists like Brit Hume and commentators like Sean Hannity and Bill O’Reilly, McClellan admitted that “certainly” the White House used Fox News talking heads as “spokespeople” with “a script”:
MATTHEWS: So, you wouldn’t use Brit Hume to sell stuff for them, but you’d use some of the nighttime guys?
MCCLELLAN: Yeah, I would separate that out, and certainly I, you know, they’ll say, that’s because they agree with those views in the White House.
MATTHEWS: Well, they didn’t need a script though, did they?
MCCLELLAN: No, well, probably not.
McClellan later told MSNBC’s Keith Olbermann that “it was done frequently, especially on high-profile issues” and that Fox often gave the White House “its desired results.” Current Press Secretary Dana Perino would only tell Olbermann, “I’m not aware of that.”

thinkprogress.org...

I remember Scott McClellan too

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Sure ... FOX was the mouthpiece of the Bush43 administration. CNN was for the Clinton Administration. MSNBC is the Obama Shill Network. It's all the same. Like I said .. anyone who can't see it is a partisan fool.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join