It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay Couple Facing Multiple Charges of Sexual Assault of Foster Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Wow. I read this story and could not believe what I was reading. These 2 guys have adopted at least 9 children. I know from personal experience just what this kind of act does to a kid. And how hard it is to step forward as a victim. I would not be surprised if more came forward. Straight or gay, these kind of people are slime. The trauma they caused these kids will unfold over the rest of the children's lives. Their innocense was stolen from them and that cannot be undone. If the kids ever find peace or personal contentment, they will have a long road to find it.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 2-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
They have been CHARGED, but I see you have found them guilty already, even though some of the kids are defending the parents.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The American Psychological Association (APA) is very firm about this: gay men dont molest boys, regardles of what the data says.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I try not to judge people. This is a subject touchy to me, no doubt. On that, no, I don't think I'm looking at them as guilty. Yet. I'm trying to be honest. I've spent most of my life studying the human character. The fact that charges are filed tells me the court believes it has enough evidence to push forward. But, then we have all seen the bias of courtrooms, police and media that are fountains of material for sites such as ATS. I tell myself in this situation, something happened and time will bring truth to light. I would like to add that I too defended the piece of garbage that hurt me. I was 5 and didn't have clue until I was 25 about what he really did.

edit on 2-12-2011 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't think the 2 foster parents are guilty. I think the foster children lied about the abuse...I think they have major behavioral issues....and unfortunately....the 2 foster parents are taking the blame. Perhaps in court....the truth will come out.

Of course...I could be wrong...but after reading what their 19 year old son had to say...it has just given to me a lot of doubt as to the guilt of the foster parents.

edit on 2-12-2011 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Were they others,say straight, white Christians, everyone would jump on it. But since they're gay it's just not kosher to jump on their case.
edit on 2-12-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I don't know what happened but I find myself prejudging them because they are dog breeders.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The American Psychological Association (APA) is very firm about this: gay men dont molest boys, regardles of what the data says.

The APA is just another religion and they are firm on nothing. Just being gay was a "metal disorder" until the 70s. If you are a man and molest boys that is gay, that is all there is to it.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I am leaning in your direction, caladonea. I think that reactive attachment disorder is a good possibility, but for three separate sibling groups all making the same claims, it is kinda hard to believe they would all make unfounded accusations.....this one is a hard call, definetly need more info, it will be interesting to see this progress.

As far as them being gay, I think it is inconsequential. Evil people hurt children, gay or straight doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mijamija

In the article it says that 2 of the 9 children have accused the foster parents....and their 19 year old who has been with them the longest vouches for their credibility as good parents.

This is truly a sad situation.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike

Some portion of adults, gay and straight, male and female, commit this crime. No one can argue that.

The sexual orientation of a predator is irrelevant.

I will withhold judgment until I know more about the case, but even if they are guilty, it's doesn't reflect on gay people any more than it reflects on people with brown hair. Because people with brown hair molest boys, you know.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I will withhold judgment until I know more about the case, but even if they are guilty,

As a juror for a case like this in Canada, I can tell you this:

Unless somebody admits to it, there will always be questions.

To this day I do not know if we (the jury) were right or wrong.

When you have siblings on both sides the waters get muddy...fast...and stay that way.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You're right, I misread, it was only 2 kids, a total of 3 sibling groups, but only two of them supposedly were abused.

I wonder what the other siblings have to say about the alleged abuse? What a terrible situation.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Star for you.

The article states the accusers have reactive attachment disorder. They can be very evil little liars. I didn't know anything about the disorder until I had a foster child with it. Most case workers and therapists do not understand this disorder either, which is freaky scarey. I hope these men get a fair investigation and or trial. I wish them a lot of luck, they are going to need it.
I wouldn't believe anything a child with this disorder has to tell me.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I'd rather see a guilty person go free than an innocent one imprisoned.

It's a very difficult story, but I honestly don't know enough to make a judgment. I can sympathize with the idea of being a juror on such a personal and emotional case... Very difficult, I'm sure.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Really? What did they expect to happen?

Not surprised at all.

new topics

top topics

join