It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prophet of God' Claims To Have Cracked the Code of The Voynich Manuscript

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
i]reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

That is a really good synopsis.
I do know that people in the dark ages, with all the plagues used to think that there was an unholy "essence" in the sick. They used garlic, blood-letting and smoke to try to cure those pour souls. They did think that there was a poison in the body that was causing the illness, but certainly did not know about single cell biology or bacteria.
Interesting but again, dubious.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

I have yet to catch up and read everything, but the only source is Fox?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Apologies to you sir. I scooped your thread, but certainly not on purpose.
Regards.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I can't find anything that comes close to the plant and what he says that it alleviates or cures. There's a lot of Ethiopian plant resources out there but nothing that matches his claim as far as I can tell. Unless of course its now extinct or forgotten about in folk lore. And heart of fire does not register as a plant or as a slang name for a plant. Went from a to z in on one site and nothing came close to his stated properties.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Interesting find, OP. Having spent a lot of hours on the Voynich MS (like many here!) and the many attempts made by people to translate it, I'm a bit dubious about this person claiming to have translated the work. All the same, I don't like to dismiss claims outright: perhaps his translation can be put to the test if the plant mentioned can be identified as one native to Ethiopia.

I expect that one of the best authorities for determining this might be Ethiopia's Institute of Biodiversity Conservation. After all, it's their task to record and conserve their country's biodiversity, and that includes obtaining specimens of its plants, both to record them in detail and add them to their seed bank. Perhaps a query to them might yield something?

Regarding "plant 16152", I suspect that might refer to the plant shown and described on this page with image ID 1006152 on the Yale site. (There is no page with image ID "16152".) So if that's the plant, then at least it's a start for any enquiry with the Ethiopian experts.

Just a note: as ten centimetres is almost exactly four inches, we are looking to identify a plant that is only 4 inches tall. That narrows the field considerably.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 3/12/11 by JustMike because: clarification

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'm thinking publicity stunt. If you've ever studied the VM, you'll know that all the symbols for the text are similar on ALL the pages of the manuscript. Therefore, if you translate one page, you'll have the "key" for the rest of the book.

The translation doesn't match up, unless the symbols are digraphs, which could be a possibility. True, the metric conversion and "antibiotic" term are modern translations, and are very suspect, IMO.

Here's where the bovine fecal material goes through the air circulating device: If I had "cracked" the VM, you can be darned sure I'd have the key I used in translation, and I'd provide copies of how I was able to crack it. I wouldn't go public until I had at least 50% translation, and the key worked out on every page. For a "prophet of god" to say only he can translate it, well, I know better than that. It smells.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

He's not saying anything that has not been speculated before. As a matter of fact, that was one of the first speculations about the Voynch Manuscript.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Well, I just don't know. Everyone's brings up very good points about it. Until Mr. Latvala provides the key and it is verified all we can do is speculate, believe and/or bash him. I tend to be more of a "well maybe" kind of guy so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for the time being.

I am particularly keen on his use of the words "sonic waves and vocal syllables". I like that.

One thing i never got past in the last thread was the perfect match of the Milky Way Galaxy from a top view point many years before the telescope was invented. (Bacon was an optics pioneer and occultist). Was it channelled, passed down from previous civilizations, perhaps a space faring one or technologically advanced?

Maybe the image they are referring to is Yale image number 1006152 as some others have brought up? Seems to be the only thing close.

I do find it strange that none of the other cryptographers would comment too as another poster said. What did they do call to say hello, hows it going FoxNews?

Several top cryptographers contacted by FoxNews.com declined to comment on Latvala's claim, willing neither to validate his interpretation nor offer a counter explanation for the strange book.

Seems they would have something to say no?

It could be a publicity stunt to get more people cracking on it, seems to be working here. But then again why not just put up some kind of cash prize or consideration for recruitment into an intelligence agency like some of the other cryptography puzzles, (some are located here on ATS too). Though if one were to crack this they would be contacting you anyway.

Wanted to add, some of us came to the conclusion that it was a "cookbook" of sorts too in the last thread. What were they cooking, well we'll let you draw your own conclusions.

There are many news feeds publishing the article now, not just FoxNews. It is getting some attention that's for sure.

Here's a picture of Mr. Voynich I found on one of the articles. Just though I would include it seeing that he's quite famous around this neck of the woods.

edit on 3-12-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
anyone else having issues with getting on the yale voynich galleries? I've been saving the pics, I finished up to pg 3, skipped to 'next page' and it comes with that error message :
"Your query encountered the following error: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another."

here's the link to pg3, which I find now also gives the same message.

I'm guessing that their servers are busy. Are we all voyniching it up hey?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimjolnir

That is the error I get as well. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it don't?? Thought it was just me. Maybe they are overloading.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The book appears to be about alchemy and creating some sort of "immortality elixir". Some plants are reals like mandrake, cannabis, etc while other "plants" are vital essences/body parts of interest to be affected by said elixir. I am unsure what the actual words mean, but when looking at them i hear sounds that sound somewhat like Sanskrit but softer and more feminine. I think this book was dictated by an angelic being. My $0.02

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Just looking at the images, it looks like an 'Alchemical Encyclopedia' which covers and explores a whole range of subjects including golems. If you look closely with some of the artwork within the manuscript, you will see some simularities with Bosch's artwork.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is not gibberish. It is coded to protect it, which was and still is a common practice.
Even if one were to decode the manuscript, its contents may not be fully understood by those who do not know how to 'read' it. For example, such manuscripts can be rich in layers of symbolism and meaning. Some of the layers can also be symbolism which may be personal to the individual or has become obscure.

I hate to be a party pooper, but I think Mr. Prophet has missed the mark on this bullseye a little. Working with codes with my own manuscripts, the code in the Voynich Manuscript is most likely not as Mr. Prophet has described, atleast, not intirely. It's a matter of finding the keys and some keys fit more than one keyhole.
edit on 10-12-2011 by Arles Morningside because: Put in better words, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join