It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prophet of God' Claims To Have Cracked the Code of The Voynich Manuscript

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
reply to post by timewalker

Not to be flip as I understand the difficulty in cracking this code, however his direct line from God could be him just glancing at the pictures (of plants) in the coded book and adding his own conjecture.

Edit: In AnonymousCitizen's post below, his link shows this book and all its pictures of plants. Direct line to God, or using your eyes? Hmmmm
edit on 2-12-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

that was my first thought after reading his interpretation.. sounds like a 3yr old reading a picture book..

there is far too much text on that page for his translation to match up.
edit on 12/2/2011 by -W1LL because: ap

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Sorry what stuck out to me was centimeter...Isn't that 'term' a more recent development? as in the 1800's not the 1200's. Wouldn't it state measurement by barleycorn? or something else or the like?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Well there's a clue given in the article. If he is correct, the entire manuscript could be read just on the passage included. If it's right, the entire thing should light up.

As another poster said 'antibiotic' we were 'told' didn't come about until the 1800's.. Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see. I know this included, but Mr. Latvala's feet are going to be held to the fire now.

Many of the great minds in our civilization were said to have the direct connect, including, if the NSA is correct, the one who created the manuscript.

Edit ~ When words or systems were 'officially' adopted does not mean that is when they were 'invented'.

This is not all directly pointed to your reply but to some of the others too.

edit on 2-12-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

As a teen I thought it would be cool to take blood and work in a hospital lab. The first thing I had to do was to copy someone else's "recipe" book so I would know how many drops of blood and what chemicals to add to do different tests.

This reminded me of that. The first pictures looked like copies. He wrote big, he wrote small - he knew how much space he needed. The pictures showed parts of plants at different stages, as well as male/female.

The first circles were probably oaths or procedural reminders.

Then came a bunch of lecture notes about how things work. Types of leaves, types of stems, types of roots, The little people reminded me of eggs/semen. I bet those lectures described the process of selecting for various traits.

Then there were some more pictures of plants. Step 2 in instruction?

The pages with stars looked like notes to himself as he learned new things. Each star was a new topic..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I wonder why everyone refused to comment on his findings... Didn't anyone else think that was suspicious?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
would someone mind providing the specific Image ID(ex:Image ID: 1006152) in which this 'translation' is to refer to? That would be much help in cross referencing with other bodies of texts and languages...

Once that is known, it shouldn't be all that difficult in concluding the validity of the claims, or would it

I've been looking them over, and I have a couple theories as to the origins of the language in which is being used. I highly doubt that it is just a bunch of random characters thrown together. It most definitely have a structure to it IMO.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

According to the profit, we still wouldn't be able to read it because it has to be decoded through God since it's a mixture of languages and contains a syllabary (sort of like the Japanese Hiragana and Katakana)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Thank you TimeWalker for a really great OP.

More stuff that would have slipped by me unless you had posted it. Viekko seems like a nice man but I think we did a much better job on your last thread with this than he is doing.

I get hung up on this line from his 'translation' as well...

Plant is 10 centimeters by its height.

So not only can Viekko translate the language but he can do conversions math with it too? I am sure he is a very sweet person but we already got as far as he did, and then further, I think.
edit on 2-12-2011 by Frater210 because:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Frater210

Well he said that there was a prophecy on it and that there is some Spanish and Italian mixed in with this ancient Babalon language... we didn't know that much...

Well at least... we didn't "think" that much..

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ah, so you are saying that he might have been able to get the conversion values from the manuscript because some of it can be translated in to Spanish or...

You lost me. What did I miss. Seems he would have had to have had some value to convert to cm. I dunno. Sounds like hooey to me.

But then again I don't agree with Edith Sherwood over the plants either (at all)...

www.edithsherwood.com...

"The language of this book is quite twisted," Ketola said. "The sound syllables are a mixture of Spanish and Italian, also mixed with the language this man used to speak himself. His own language was a rare Babylonian dialect that was spoken in a small area in Asia." Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

OK, I personally think that the Voynich Manuscript was written to be understood, by someone that already knows what they are doing, but understood. What Viekko is saying is that you have to be a special person and then it seems he is saying the manuscript will speak it's prophecy, but only to special people, like Viekko. Viekko is making claims that put the Voynich Ms. securely out of reach of anyone that is not Viekko. He is playing a shell game with us. How enchanting.

First he is very sure...

"This man could not write any language so he had to invent a writing he can read / pronounce himself," he said.

Then not so sure

Ketola suggested that the language may have also been some sort of shorthand writing the author used to jot down notes for himself.

Read more: www.myfoxny.com...

I know we can all draw analogies here, maybe from experiences that we have had that can allow us to give Viekko a break. But, c'mon, it's the #ing Voynich Manuscript, somebody says they have cracked it about once a year, don't they?

I "m not saying that you are totally down with Viekko, I'm just sayin'. What do you think, anyhow?

I think sometimes, not always, but sometimes I think the creator of the doc. added all the stuff that looks like text because he was being humorous. And that it the whole thing was created because there is a long tradition of certain types of adepts leaving behind physical documents, anonymously, like this. Was he one of those people (the creator of the VM)? Totally beats me, but sometimes I think that. And when I am thinking that I also think that that is why he made the text gibberish, the thing was created for someone that already had experience with whatever is being portrayed in the text, and so would be useless to anyone else. So maybe Viekko and I do see eye to eye in some way. Fact is we did a better job with our own guesses on TWs last thread to which he has linked us.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

This translation actually makes a lot of sense. I wonder if the "prophet" got inspiration from here...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I dunno, but when I look at the book, it looks partly like an herbal, and partly like a cosmology primer that tries to link medical astrology to the different realms. It looks like middle ages occultism to me. For the most part the later half of the book, it seems like the pictures are MORE important than the text, but I would like to know what the text says with the plants.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

got inspiration from here...

Ah, Edith. I think she should have taken an interest in plants before going on about plants. Just my opinion. Most of the plants that seem to get the most focus by the creator of the VM are , in my opinion, of the solanaceous type.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I was referring to the site you linked.

The mystery already looks solved

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I wonder if it is some sort of a farming almanac, I was noticing in the picture that other members posted the significance of bisecting the alleged text with an image, I wonder if the text is read right to left and if the bisected text is a seperate note or read as if no picture existed in between. Also i find the repetition of the one character that looks almosts like a 3 sided box with two swirls on the top corners idk just some Observations

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think this manuscript was just some analphabetic kid immitating the stylistic properties of alchemical texts.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The1Prettiest1One

analphabetic

Does that mean you think they were talking/writing out of their ass?

edit on 12/2/2011 by Chamberf=6 because: If that's what you meant, then I agree...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Does that mean you think they were talking/writing out of their ass?

Who is "they"?

It means the little tyke was functionally illiterate.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks Jbird.
Lesson learned.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
[color=413839]I love ♥ crypto 【ツ】✌☮ & I Like ★ ✩ ✮ ✯ ✰ ☆ ⋆ (☝hint hint☝)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join