It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Prophet of God' Claims To Have Cracked the Code of The Voynich Manuscript

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I know you all are going to have a field day with the 'Prophet of God' inclusion but none the less this is an interesting claim to say the least. I keep a very open mind myself in such realms.

Written in "alien" characters, illustrated with sketches, and dating back hundreds of years, the Voynich Manuscript has puzzled cryptographers, historians and bibliophiles for centuries.

And now the mystery has finally come to an end, according to a businessman from Finland named Viekko Latvala, a self described "prophet of god," who says he has decoded the book and unlocked the secrets of the world's most mysterious manuscript.

Latvala's business associate, Ari Ketola told FoxNews.com the meaning of the crazy characters he d escribed as "sonic waves and vocal syllables."

"The book is a life work and scientific publication of medicine that would be still useful today," Ketola said. "The writer was a scientist of plants, pharmacy, astrology and astronomy. It contains ... prophesy for some decades and hundreds of years ahead from the time it was created."

In other words, the Voynich Manuscript -- which is currently held by Yale University's Beincke Rare Book and Manuscript Library in New Haven, Conn. -- is an herbological tome, something the writer used to keep track of plants and their uses for either scientific or medical purposes. And a prophecy.

Latvala provided the following translation of plant 16152, which he said can be found today in Ethiopia:

"The name of the flower is Heart of Fire.
It makes the skin beautiful when made as an ointment.
The oil is pressed from the buds.
This ointment is used for the wrinkles.
Is suitable for the kidneys and the head, as the flower prevents inflammations, is antibiotic.
Plant is 10 centimeters by its height.
It grows on hot and dry slants.
The plant is bright green by its color."

So how could Latvala decode a manuscript that still dumbfounds the world's top cryptographers? It's simple. You just have to have a direct line to God.

"Mr. Latvala said that no one 'normal human' can decode it, because there is no code or method to read this text, it's a channel language of prophecy," Ketola told FoxNews.com. "This type of persons are most rare to exist, yet they have always been on face of the Earth through millenniums up to today ... and Mr Veikko Latvala has had this gift of mercy last 20 years."

Several top cryptographers contacted by FoxNews.com declined to comment on Latvala's claim, willing neither to validate his interpretation nor offer a counter explanation for the strange book. Ketola would not explained his methodology, but offered some insight into the weird characters.

Source Article

The Voynich Manuscript is an enigma that no three letter agency has been able to crack. It has been thought to have been scribed by the hand of Leonardo da Vinci but was carbon dated to more than a century before da Vinci was even a twinkle in his fathers eye. You can see the article on the carbon dating here.

I am not sure how much I put into carbon dating though. There is an NSA document (.pdf app) located here that according to The National Security Agency states the manuscript has been traced to Roger Bacon (c. 1214-1294) . If your not comfortable with a direct link to open the NSA document here are the search results from the NSA page and you can open them manually. NSA.gov VM Search Results.

The manuscript has gone through some very interesting hands through the ages. Popes, Kings, Alchemist, Astronomers. It is now located in the Yale University Beinecke Rare Book & Manuscript Library. Incidentally, Yale just released the entire Manuscript online for the first time within the last couple of weeks and can be found here. It was released in full so that the general public may crack the code seeing that no one else can for nearly 800 years. (according to the NSA)

I started a thread earlier this year Voynich Manuscript - Diary Of An Alien Or A Madman? 100 Years Older Than First Thought. where we did much research on our own. You might check it out, but be warned research in this realm might take you to some strange places!!

So did the 'Prophet of God' crack it?

Here's your chance ATS cryptographers and code crackers, this is one important manuscript.

Go..........

edit on 2-12-2011 by timewalker because: Multi edits....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Sorry your link to the Manuscript titled "here" is broken.

it goes to the vale site and say's this

Your query encountered the following error: Arguments are of the wrong type, are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.
edit on 2-12-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Seeing how the term "antibiotic" wasn't used until the late 1800's, my initial doubts as to this guys claim are pretty high. I admit however, I haven't looked any deeper than the OP.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Checked and rechecked they are all working for me..

Which one exactly are you having problems with?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Not to be flip as I understand the difficulty in cracking this code, however his direct line from God could be him just glancing at the pictures (of plants) in the coded book and adding his own conjecture.

Edit: In AnonymousCitizen's post below, his link shows this book and all its pictures of plants. Direct line to God, or using your eyes? Hmmmm
edit on 2-12-2011 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This seems to be the correct link:
beinecke.library.yale.edu...

p.s. IT'S A COOKBOOK!
edit on 12/2/11 by AnonymousCitizen because: added humor

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Interesting, so is this guy a self proclaimed prophet? Sounds like a nut job but if he cracked the code you have to give him credit. I find it hard to believe that one person was able to decipher a language where so many have failed, but you never know.

It's a little disappointing if he is right and it turns out to be a recipe book.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very interesting....

1.) Your link to the manuscript is not directing me to to document

2.) Anything to do with Roger Bacon, you've got my attention

3.)Change is on the Horizon
topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I'm not willing to say by any means that the claims in that video are the truth, but it is interesting to say the least. It's about Francis Bacon, Roger Bacon, Saint Germain, St. Augusting Of Hippo, Illuminati, Banking, and the future. If any of those things interest you, this is a must watch.

4.) It would seem to me, that because we are shifting into a new age of enlightenment and paradigm, that there will be many claims of being a prophet, or a feeling of direct 'god' like qualities or influences in abilities to address the world and everything it encompasses.

Here is a new link to the manuscript, beinecke.library.yale.edu...

I'm going to comb over it today, do a little more Roger Bacon reading, then come to a conclusion of what this man claims... till then.

Thank you for this thread, it's right down my alley

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Prophet of God...if he is a prophet what is the prophecy?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Any time someone claims to be a "prophet of God" all sorts of red flags and warning bells and alarms start going for me.

Like others I think he may have just tried to find plants resembling those in the book, and made his own commentary on them.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I don't know why it's not working. It works fine for me??

If you go to the NSA search results link I provided it it the second entry titled 'Voynich_Manuscript_Mysterious.pdf'

And the link AnonymousCitizen posted it is the same Yale link I "tried" to include for the full manuscript.
edit on 2-12-2011 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The pictures in this manuscript are not ... good?

I think I've seen this plant before...

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Isn't that one of those herbal plants?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I think I've seen this plant before...

maybe its the one the prophet speaks of..

The name of the flower is Heart of Fire.
It makes the skin beautiful when made as an ointment.
The oil is pressed from the buds.
This ointment is used for the wrinkles.
Is suitable for the kidneys and the head, as the flower prevents inflammations, is antibiotic.
Plant is 10 centimeters by its height.
It grows on hot and dry slants.
The plant is bright green by its color

edit on 2/12/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by demented

Wrong number of leaves...

not that I would know.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Very interesting the links are working for me. So basically a book that's been decoded after 800 years is about a flower used for medical purposes hmm you never know. As for the word "antibiotic" not being used until 1800's how do we know for sure it isn't some word rediscovered somewhere along the time line i always question when words and other stuff were made up how do we really know for a fact when these things came to be that way. With a good majority of our history being hidden,destroyed or lied about all the time even with new discovery's i don't think we will ever truly know and that's sad. Great find and i bookmarked the website has some cool reading material. S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by demented

Wrong number of leaves...

not that I would know.

Ok ok ok, I apologize, I didn't mean to distract from this thread with my post...
BTW number of leaves is dependent on strain.

Alright, back to the topic at hand...
I will admit that I'm not worldy as far as language goes, except for hebrew, spanish, and english, yes I still use reference tools when reading them...
What language is this written in, or is that part of the equation? Not knowing?
I've ruled out a good chunk of known written languages, what am I missing?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

He can call himself anything he likes if he has a workable system to translate this material.
Great find! Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's just it...it is no known language.
For centuries people have tried to decode/translate with no success.

Some have speculated that is just gibberish -- and that it can't be translated because it is just a random sequence of "made up" letters.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Until this guy shows how he turned the unknown elf-like language from lord of the rings into 'antibiotic', he shouldn't be taken too seriously, pretty good publicity stunt though, you gotta give him some credit for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join