It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Malcolm X hated Democrats. So should you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

Thats not very realistic.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by supine
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, in actuality he was really a very hate filled man.

Dangerous, and still an idol for many who espouse reverse racsim. Nothing more.

I admit I do not know much about Malcolm X. I know that he took a stance of "By any means necessary" and that is about it.

I can very much understand being angry at the way black people have been treated in this country since before it was even a country.

I never liked the idea of meeting violence with violence though. I have always been a fan of Martin Luther King Jr's approach of non violent resistance.

Why stoop to the same lowly level as your oppressor?

I admit I can understand his hatred. But I do not agree with it.

There is still a lot of hatred in this world. Hatred that exists for many reasons, but I do not think that the way to rise about hatred, is with more hatred.

Which is why I say, I love you all.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Text He got the peace prize, we got the problem. ... If I'm following a general, and he's leading me into a battle, and the enemy tends to give him rewards, or awards, I get suspicious of him. Especially if he gets a peace award before the war is over. Malcolm X, after Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. received the Nobel Peace Prize, source unknown

Malcolm X was critical of Martin Luther King Jr because he thought he was a 'stooge' and a 'chump' .

I think anyone that votes for the Democrats is a stooge and a chump. ( not that Im saying King was a Dem )

Imagine if Malcolm X was leading OWS
We need a movement with a great leader.

Ron Paul is the closest thing.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Text It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence. [info][add][mail] Mahatma Gandhi

(I heard that quote on the A-Team Movie)

Even Gandhi knew you have to be commited. Malcom X was misunderstood. He didnt encourage violence but he was honest about his feelings and never took a backward step.

I dont think the Tea Party or OWS have encouraged violence but look at how msn has tried its best to potrait them as violent..

People need to be commited in relation to what they believe.That doesnt mean they are violent,more that they will not be intimidated. The Police were violent in the 50s and 60s,not Malcolm X.
edit on 3-12-2011 by theovermensch because: typo

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

noolmusic.com...

Malcolm X hated Democrats.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theovermensch

Anyway,I think most people are onto left leaning parties just like Malcolm X was.

Unions must to stop supporting the Democrats

Minorities must stop supporting the Democrats

Leftists must to stop supporting the Democrats

Environmentalists must stop supporting the Democrats

Everyone must stop supporting the Democrats.

And why? Cause you say so and because you like Malcom X?

I think people should support Ron Paul in the GOP. He will do more for the traditional democrat voter than Obama will/has.And he will do it more sensibly. Even if you are a registered democrat you need to support Ron Paul because the GOP is important.If you decide to vote for Obama and he loses what would you rather the alternative be? Romney or Gingrich? It is very important and Ron Paul needs all the help he can get.I hope some Malcom X-like independant pops up before the election but I doubt it.

You really think that RP would be able to make any kind of change? You do realize he alone can't change the entire country? I don't like ANY candidate, all will say what you want to hear and none will do what they say. It's all a game.

The Democrats do not represent anyone.They have no identity.They are insulting.
The 'left' should abandon them.

Really? And the other parties are sweet like kittens?

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I do say "I think" alot and the reason I think the left should abandon the Democrats is because they are part of the duopoly that only serves the oligachy.

I dont think the Republicans are kittens,they are part of the duopoly.I have a thread dedicated pretty much to bashing the Tea Party
But I think its interesting to look at why Malcolm was against the democrats.In the two links are some cool speeches of his.There are parallels between what he had against them and what we should have against them.

I dont think Ron Paul is perfect(he is a Republican after all) but unless a legitimate alternate Party emerges before the 2012 election I think Ron Paul is the best option available and my arguement to the left is dont discount Paul because he is conservative and a Republican.He has alot to offer people that identify as left for example he intends on bringing the troops home.Obama was a scam,I know Paul cant fix everything but Obama is a dead horse.

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I totally agree with this person. This nation has splintered so badly and somewhere we forgot we are all apart of the U.S. When I tell people I am a moderate, who believes in a mixture of both parties their response is always your either on one side or the other. Since when. I personally blaime the news, like fox news for its propaganda divisions.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join