It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can someone have a Near Death Experience and see people burning in Hell if The Bible says no one

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Did not have time to read through the whole shabang..........

But the devil does not rule over hell. He is going to burn and rot for eternity in that dreadful place.

Real sorry if this has already been covered.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
(from a Christian) Again, I am wildly impressed at your research into all doctrines by using the intellegence GOD gave you. Read them all, try and understand the differences, formulate an opinion.

Apparently, all youve ascerted is in one book. THE BOOK.

It was a Catholic priest that told me when I was young to read everything by everyone. And that the Bible may be the TRUTH, but not necessarily the only one for every-one.

PS MESSAGE TO ALL ATS'rs: There will be no winning with this thread and OP. Get out while you can. Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by GmoS719

But the bible says that no one has gone to heaven EXCEPT the one who came from it and that was Jesus.

How on Earth did you get "no one has gone and return" from "no one has gone EXCEPT the one who came from it"

If you want to know more about near death experiences, then why don't you read them? There are a plethora of them online for all to see. Here is one of my favorites.
Here's another great one.

The reason why I am quoting your post in my reply is because according to the many thousands of NDE's, we ALL came from heaven and then we ALL return to it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by GmoS719

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
I would suggest that you stop believing the stories of another, they are manipulated fairy tales.

Through my own direct experience in the spirit world I can attest to much of what these holy books state, but its not as simple as they make it out to be. Language fails to describe the truth of what is and these books are the remnant writings that have been squeezed through 3-4 languages before being read today, meetings of many men were held to edit these writings to remove anything they desired not to be seen.

Do not hold them as absolute for even a single moment, for they are the product of man, not god.

Man knows nothing of god, we drop to our knees in awe and the tiniest scraps of understanding we can muster can only be related to what we already know, the image of our selves, something that would be relevant to us.

There is no hell, there is no heaven - What exists beyond the yawning grave is beyond anything you could possibly imagine.

Its time to stop playing in the card board box my friends,

-GM

Thanks for your opinion on whether Christianity is a fairy tale or not.
Even though no one asked for it.
edit on 2-12-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

Ahhhhh, so you're the one who decides who can speak their opinions and who can't? I'm sorry, I don't believe we've met. My names doug, Hitler is yours?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I think you have confused the FRUITS of the Spirit with TRYING the spirit to see if it is from God.

Paul the Apostle, the first Church father , admonished us to try the spirits to see if they are of God. every spirit that confesses that Jesus is the Christ and came to us in the flesh is of God.

John 4:2

Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

That's what THAT scripture said.

The other part of your comment regarding Love , patience, kindness ect is a description of the fruits of the Spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23
New International Version (NIV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

You merged the two together and because I care, I thought I would point that out.

Former Sunday School teacher and daughter of a Pentecostle Preacher. Bible teaching obsessed.

;p

edit on 3-12-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: To Add Scripture so people can look for themselves.

edit on 3-12-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

So, what is your explaination of this?

Erm....its all nonsense written by silly superstitious goat herders....nuff said

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've come to understand that what you experience in an NDE is partly based on your spiritual beliefs, or rather what you *expect* to see, and partly what you *need* to see - for spiritual growth.

Also, from what I've read, the content of the NDE may be affected (and not in a pleasant way) if the person experiences strong negative emotions right before the event.

IMO, if you're a christian and you fear the devil, I would not be surprised if you had an experience where you 'see people burning in hell'.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
it's all about perspective in time. relativity seems to have a paradox until you accept that time is relative. there is even a verse in the bible speaking of there being no time in heaven.

if you can get over the first verse in genesis, then everything else in the bible should be a cakewalk.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
How people can believe this crap is beyond me. Judgment day hasn't even taken place yet.
No one has been judged, and hell is probably not even created.
How some near death experienced individuals can proclaim to have seen something that has never taken place is foolish to say the least. They are lying.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

These NDE'ers might think they're seeing Heaven, but it could be an in-between area, a place where ghosts dwell, what have you.

And i have never heard of anyone that had a NDE and thought they saw "hell".

Was there a specific story of a NDE that made you post this?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
How people can believe this crap is beyond me. Judgment day hasn't even taken place yet.
How some near death experienced individuals can proclaim to have seen something that has never taken place is foolish to say the least. They are lying.

Isn't it "foolish" to dismiss all this too?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by GmoS719

"No one hasgone to heaven except the Son of Man, who came from heaven." - John 3:13

apgme,

Scripture doesn't say "gone", it says ascended.

And no man hath ascended into heaven, but he that descended from heaven, the Son of man who is in heaven.

www.drbo.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
im 12 years old and what is this?

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

Originally posted by spy66

Isn't it "foolish" to dismiss all this too?

It is foolish to worship any religion because it is pure human selfishness.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When people really understand ALL perceptions and sensations come from biological functions? You absolutely can't do anything but abide your composition, which is bio mechanical construct. When you can wrap that around your self, everything anyone is ever seen/heard makes sense, It's liberating

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
My answer is that there is no "god" and that religion is a mental disease....

+

if "god" is so loving and forgiving, then he would forgive and take EVERYONE into his "kingdom of heaven" regardless of any circumstance...

+

that being said here are 2 quotes I like to share with religious nuts:

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

Give a man a fish, and you’ll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he’ll starve to death while praying for a fish

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Q. What is so ironic about atheists?
A. They’re always talking about God.

Q. Why believe what an atheist says?
A. You don't, because they don't believe in anything.

Q. What created the universe?
A. A big bang.
Q. Wouldn't that make you an accident?
A. My brain hasn't evolved enough to think about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

When you have an NDE or outter body experience, the laws of physics are completely different. It's like we exist as pure consciousness and what you think or believe will manifest itself. Therefore if you're highly religious, you are likely to see Jesus in heaven and if you're an atheist, you'll probably experience darkness & dirt with a lot of worms wriggling about, that is until you realise you're still alive and where you go from there is anyones guess.

I suggest you read the Gospel of Thomas which contradicts quite a lot of what is written in the bible, probably the reason why it's banned from the bible. Most of what you talk about is nothing but dogma and doctrine.

Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."

Contradictions in the bible, which make no sense as the event never happened.

According to Mark, Jesus announced that "The time is at hand; the kingdom of God is drawing near." As Mark describes it, Jesus declared that the end of time is at hand; the world is about to undergo cataclysmic transformation. Jesus predicted war, strife, conflict, and suffering, in Chapter 13, followed by a world-shattering event -- the coming of the kingdom of God. According to Mark 9:1, Jesus expected that event to happen during the life of his own disciples. He said to Peter and James and John, "There are some of you standing here who shall not taste death until you see the kingdom of God come with power."

The Gospel of Thomas:

The gnostic Gospel of Thomas, on the contrary, says something very different. Here the "kingdom of God" is not an event expected to happen in history, nor is it a "place." In fact, the author of Thomas seems to almost ridicule such ideas as if they were naive.

According to the Gospel of Thomas, Jesus said, "If those who lead you say to you, 'Look, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you."

The Gospel of Thomas, instead says that the kingdom of God represents a kind of state of self-discovery. Jesus goes on to say, "Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourself, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the children of the living Father." But the disciples, mistaking that "kingdom" for a future event, just as they do in the Gospel of Mark persist in naive questioning. They ask, "When will the kingdom come?"

Jesus said: "It will not come by waiting for it. It will not be a matter of saying 'Here it is,' or 'There it is.' Rather, the kingdom of the Father is spread out on the earth already, and people do not see it."

According to the Gospel of Thomas, then, the "kingdom of God" seems to symbolize a state of transformed consciousness. One enters that "kingdom" when one comes to know oneself. For the secret of gnosis is that when one comes to know oneself, at the deepest level, simultaneously one comes to know God as the source of one's being.

It's obvious where Jesus and Thomas get their beliefs from: Buddhism.

www.csec.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Where did u get religion from?

I agree with you about religion. Although i don't run around telling people they're foolish because they are religious, If they don't use it against people then it's a good thing. There are many paths to God. As long as being religious makes u a better person and more caring than i'm all for it.

I thought u were saying NDE are rubbish, and the people who believe it happens are foolish.

Which if you were saying that, well then yea, i think it's foolish.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

the bible is full of crap...religion is ridiculous and the sooner the world is rid of it the better. nobody goes to heaven or hell

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join