It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can someone have a Near Death Experience and see people burning in Hell if The Bible says no one

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The Bible says that all souls go to the graveyard and one day Jesus will return and resurrect everyone for judgement...

Those who do not pass judgement will THEN go into the lake of fire (hell)... and NO one has been in heaven except for Jesus until the day of judgement...

So how is it that people are having these Near Death experiences seeing heaven and hell? And why is it that people who see hell does NOT see the devil? How can it be that people who have these Near Death Experiences are told that reincarnation exist?

Before you say it's from Satan, make sure you read your bibles:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (Gal. 5:22-23)

The Bible says that you can test any spirit to see if it's of God by seeing if it has love, joy, and peace, and this is what ALL that sees heaven explain! Satan can nott be love joy peace even IF he does look like an angel because those are fruits of spirit!

So, what is your explaination of this?

Didn't you know...? The Bible is not something that should be taken seriously. You might as well believe that there are vampires that sparkle in sunlight....

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

You are my first friend!
I feel special.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

reply to post by GmoS719

"No one has gone to heaven except the Son of Man, who came from heaven." - John 3:13

The Son of Man [Jesus] will return the world will be judged and those from the graveyard who are unworthy will be thrown into the lake of fire and the righteous WILL go to heaven to worship God for all eternity as per "The Book of Revelations".

I will add to your good verse there and show that we are all waiting on this.

Hebrews 9:27-28 Keep in mind that the person is the one who lived and the soul lives on. A final judgment at the end of the age implies previous judgments.

27 Just as people are destined to die once, and after that to face judgment, 28 so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

We are waiting on the second return.

Further, where are we waiting?

Jesus said, in John 3, that "you must be born again." There are two births. The water is the material world and our baptism into a person and life. The way to deny the world is gaining union with the Spirit of God in love and peace with others. This requires our expression of unrestricted love and forgiveness of others. Luke 10 reveals this.

God is long-suffering with us. There is a veil over our soul so we can only know one life at a time by faith. How do all the lives figure in? Do we live more than once? The answer is, it is still a mystery as we are under the veil. Jesus did rip the veil form top to bottom, allowing us access to forgiveness and to a hint at the mystery.

edit on 2-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Second question, can you please tell us what or if you had a belief system of any kind at the time of your NDE and the message from the "MAN"?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

God is long-suffering with us. There is a veil over our soul so we can only know one life at a time by faith. How do all the lives figure in? Do we live more than once? The answer is, it is still a mystery as we are under the veil. Jesus did rip the veil form top to bottom, allowing us access to forgiveness and to a hint at the mystery.

All the lives? Can you elaborate for me?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Personally, I think that people are shown the whole fire and brimstone thing to give them a good scare as a last-ditch effort to turn them around, similar to the way that some people scare their children with the boogeyman to make them behave.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
no one has been to heaven up until that point. after Jesus' resurrection people have gone to heaven. His mother, Mary, was taken to Heaven.

one of the criminal's that was crucified along Him. Jesus said to Him that he will go to heaven. Jesus said to St. Peter that he will be the gatekeeper of Heaven.

there are many examples in the Bible of people going to Heaven, besides Jesus.

edit on 2-12-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
that fact that the people who give testimony to the NDEs have a mind throughout the experience leads me into believing it is just a phenomena of the brain. bc clearly if you're dead the brain is dead thus there can be no mind. If some form of awareness lives on it can not have the discriminatory mind we have.
edit on 2-12-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

For an explanation of how it's possible read up on energy and non-local mind. And that's only ONE possibility.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

The Bible says that all souls go to the graveyard and one day Jesus will return and resurrect everyone for judgement...

Those who do not pass judgement will THEN go into the lake of fire (hell)... and NO one has been in heaven except for Jesus until the day of judgement...

So how is it that people are having these Near Death experiences seeing heaven and hell? And why is it that people who see hell does NOT see the devil? How can it be that people who have these Near Death Experiences are told that reincarnation exist?

Before you say it's from Satan, make sure you read your bibles:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." (Gal. 5:22-23)

The Bible says that you can test any spirit to see if it's of God by seeing if it has love, joy, and peace, and this is what ALL that sees heaven explain! Satan can nott be love joy peace even IF he does look like an angel because those are fruits of spirit!

So, what is your explaination of this?

Just because some people "see" hell as a result of an NDE doesn't mean they see when hell is burning. Scripture makes it clear, the fires burn at the end of time/return of Christ. It's possible they are seeing what will be their experience in hell, provided they choose that for themselves.
edit on 2-12-2011 by followtheevidence because: expanded my point

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

reply to post by biggmoneyme

For an explanation of how it's possible read up on energy and non-local mind. And that's only ONE possibility.

Our awareness is only tuned in to this dimension through our flesh, mind and senses. To be able to feel pain we would have to have a body of flesh with senses and feelings. We dont bring any of it with us when we die. The flesh is left to rot and perish with time.

There is a question i ponder on a lot on;

If God is infinite; every one of us must be God in the flesh, why would God want to punish him self?

God can not create another awareness besides using he's own. If God created an other awareness where would he take the energy or what ever it takes to create one from? There can only be one infinite awareness. That means we must have a part of that awareness.

All God has to do is destroy the flesh and the personality of that flesh is gone for ever. And over time s/he will be forgotten.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The whole notion of a firey, torment-filled Hell ruled over by Satan is a combination of old Greek myths of Hades and "Paradise Lost" written by John Milton.

It's such a striking image that people naturally incorporate it into their way of thinking if they're stuck in a lower, less sophisticated stage of moral development, such as Lawrence Kohlberg's Stage 1, Level 1 (Avoidance of Punishment), or Stage 2, Level 3 (Good Boy/Girl). The appeal is that there are supposedly certain rules to follow to avoid punishment and gain reward, however, to anyone with any intelligence it quickly becomes obvious that the rules are rigged to be nearly impossible to follow, and therefore Hell is essentially unavoidable. Placed in that position, people will either blame themselves as horrible "sinners" along with everyone else who has helped lead them down the path to Perdition, or they will rationalize and claim that because of their superior devotion they will one of the few who deserve to be "saved."

Either way, the horror and torment they put themselves through is because of their own inability to recognize the mythological component of the scenario, and the shaky authority upon which it is constructed. It's a Hell they build for themselves, and they don't wait until they die to pay it a visit.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Very well said.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by arpgme

I guess I reconcile it this way : Jesus said to the thief on the cross "This day you shall be with me in paradise" . Jesus was no liar, so the thief evidently went to paradise.

However, God Himself said:“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you," Jeremiah 1:5 So to me personally, that settles the question. I have been in heaven forever, am known personally by God, and when this 'time' we consider reality is over, I will realize that I am still there.....It is a little hard to wrap your head around unless you realize that God is the God of time (sic.) and dimensions.

We always have been, and ALWAYS will be with God in heaven. The 'time' construct of it is a moot point. We WERE with Him, ARE with Him, and always WILL be with Him in heaven. It is all three realities at one time.

Yeah, hard to put into print......

I'm sorry, but it appears that you are reading more into the lines that there is. When it says that God knew you before you were in the womb, it does not mean that you began an existence. It could also mean that God is all-knowing, as He says "I know the end from the beginning." Therefore, He knows all the children of the Earth before they are made. There is no evidence for a pre-existent state. In fact, scripture teaches the opposite, that your spirit was formed in the womb in Zech 12:1. Since it was formed in the womb, your mother existed before you did. Hence, you began your existence on Earth. From dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return. Right? The only way out of the grave is the resurrection of the body and spirit, by someone who can do it. Since we can't give ourselves life, we wait upon the Lord. He has already demonstrated His ability to conquer Death and Hell. Put your trust in Him, and not in yourself. However, the last point was well stated, wherein we are in Him and will be in Him.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

This is an illustration of the futility of trying to justify yourself before God, which you cannot do. Therefore, God Himself has paid for your sins, if you will accept the free gift (grace), which will allow you free entry into heaven. If you do not wish to accept that gift, which costs you absolutely nothing (gospel = good news), then you are requesting the lake of fire for yourself, not because He wants you there. He wants you forever with Him because He created you and He loves you and He knows how hard it is for you to be good. Therefore, after you arrive in the afterlife and are given the choice to accept the free gift of eternal life with God who loves you, and you see and feel that love, would you jump into the lake of fire? I doubt it. Probably no one will. That's why, IMHO, Jesus said before the crucifixion in the garden "Of all those you have given me I have lost none, save the Son of Perdition (probably means Satan)."

So how is it that people are having these Near Death experiences seeing heaven and hell?

They can't see Hell because it does not yet exist. They may see spirit prison, as spoken of in I Peter, and in the parable of the beggar and the rich man.

And why is it that people who see hell does NOT see the devil? How can it be that people who have these Near Death Experiences are told that reincarnation exist?
Reincarnation is not Christian, because we have one life and one death to live, and then we enter into our reward. In the last resurrection, we receive our bodies again, much improved versions.

edit on 12/2/2011 by Jim Scott because: amplified

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes so why do Christians who have near death experiences are taught about Reincarnation?

You in grave yard until Jesus judge and then you go heaven/ hell. This is what is taught, yet people see heaven/hell in NDE.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

All the lives? Can you elaborate for me?

A person really needs to read up on Jubilee laws. These laws are what allows Jesus to redeem us as bond-servants. If he came as an Angel, the laws would not apply. He was required to come as a kinsmen. Since we are not part of the actual nation of Israel, we are not kinsmen with Jesus. The Jubilee laws require that Jesus must be of the seed of Abraham to redeem Israel. To redeem the world, he must purchase them at a price form the master that holds them. We willingly become bond-servants to Christ for the redemption of our previous debt. Ultimately, the master is God.

Consider this LINK.

There is only one free in all of existence. This is God. The truth sets you free and only God holds all truth. We, on the other hand, are slaves to sin and Satan or we are bond-servants to Jesus. There is no middle ground. Being a slave to sin is being separated from God's kingdom of dominion and authority. We can run away, but we cannot pay our debt that enslaves. Sin causes a debt. God demands payment. He also demands our obedience to law. If we are a slave to loving others, we are truly free. The kingdom is ours. If we choose to live for sin, we are slaves to Satan. Our actions reveal our Allegiance.

God will ultimately divide the light from the darkness. This means the literal light and also the access to truth and knowledge in the form of consciousness that can choose. Right now, we can collapse the indeterminate wave of all possible outcomes to choose by the will of our consciousnesses. We are free to express our will. If our will clings to choices that collapse darkness into reality, we sin. If we choose to express our will to collapse the light into a positive outcome for others, we love instead. God demands the law to give and not take.

Ultimately, the law is our slave master or the one that sets us free by observance of the law. Love is the law. Would we want it any different?

edit on 2-12-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Yes so why do Christians who have near death experiences are taught about Reincarnation?

You in grave yard until Jesus judge and then you go heaven/ hell. This is what is taught, yet people see heaven/hell in NDE.

Arpgme, what is your definition of the "grave yard"? Where are you getting this term?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I thought that's what you might be referring to, but I wasn't sure.

Thanks for the link on the Law of Jubilee! What a great explanation and read!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join